How Often Do You Drink Alcohol? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Often Do You Drink Alcohol?

How many alcoholic drinks do you have weekly? (Average)

• Over 15

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 10-15

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 5-9

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 1-4

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
i drink quite a lot. i would say 2 glasses of red every second or third night. i would say that i binge up to 7 standard drinks once a fortnight. this is nothing compared to what i used to drink, being maybe 15-20 standard drinks in one sitting 3-4 times a week. i would like to drink less but things are alright this way.

On average I have 1-4 drinks a week. I usually go out on Thursday nights and have a couple of beers with a group of friends and maybe one or two on the weekends. This my normal routine. Special occasions are another thing entirely. Parties, birthdays, and celebrations call for more than a couple of beers. However, with my weight I have to watch how much alcohol I consume because too much too fast and I'll be the one puking in the flower bed. Of course on my birthday I did 9 shots of various things and ended up being fine. I just have to pace myself.

I'd guess once every 6-12 weeks at most, but it likely tends toward the 6-week mark in the autumn and winter months. Part of that is temperment and values, part of that is finances. If cost were no object, I'd likely have some Trappist ale, single-malt Whisky, or Champagne every couple of weeks.

I abhor drunkenness and consume more for taste than anything else. The barest edge of intoxication is OK - anything more, and I'm not going to enjoy it.

Which isn't to say I have anything against change-of-consciousness via a substance - I just don't care for the change brought about by (significant) alcohol, and no longer choose to use certain euphoriants of my past.

As it regards alcohol dimming one's spiritual essence, I don't agree. I don't think any earthly delight can do that. As Spirit having a human experience, my sense is that drinking, even to excess, is part of that experience.

That said, it might change one's awareness of one's own nature, this way or that, but I don't think it has any effect on the nature of one's nature itself.

And no, I was not drinking when I wrote that last sentence. :embarassed:

cheers,
Ian

I have not "quit", but life circumstances has left me without a drink this year so far. Rarely over two beers when I do decide to have a drink with a meal.

I think I am not going to drink for a month or so. Oh my poor tummy.

Reactions: bamf
I'm drunk and IIIIIIIIII don't feel so good. This is why I don't do it often!

LOL....O sorry, that wasnt funny. :-/

Its not good for me to drink....numb the pain sort of thing...and I look and feel like crap for days afterwards. I would rather drink alone. Social drinking....gets expensive.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Hhhaaaaaaaaaaa. NEever touched the stuff!!:D

Reactions: Gloaming
Never. The taste is repulsive and I'm not one to abandon sobriety voluntarily.

I drink socially and am not afraid of a big night of drinking, but I really only like it as a social lubricant and only drink 1-4 times per week. A cold beer on a hot day or a glass of red wine with dinner certainly are pleasures though. I enjoy cannabis more and more frequently than the booze.

I drink way more than I should. It makes me feel calm and euphoric.

An old(younger than me) friend's doctor asked him about 12 years ago how much he drank. He told me his response was, "As much as I possibly can." I would almost bet that has changed over the years. Continued abuse will take its toll on the body and mind.

I am tonight!

I'll have a drink maybe once a week. I tend to get actually drunk (or even buzzed) about once a month. Most of the time I and my friends are having to much fun to give a thought to alcohol.

*hic* me, drink? what an absolutely preposterous *hic* notion! *stumbles forward & passes out*

(slightly less ridiculous answer: maybe once or twice a month)

Drunken INTPs can be my favorite. One of my friends got severely hammered and tried to convince other people it was a good idea to punch this ESFJ in the boob, because she wouldn't feel it anyway.

They can get off on some drunken philosophical ramblings that might bug the hell out of everyone else, though, because that "maybe no one else cares about this" part of the brain shuts down.

I tried my best to get drunk, and I think I succeeded, but that's pretty much the only time I seriously drank. Before this year, I had only drunk maybe once a year.

This year, it's averaging to about... 1 a month.

You have obviously been drinking cheap crap. It is better to drink good stuff seldom, than rubbish often - the effects speak for themselves.
Actually even fine wines including Ice Wine burnt my mouth bad. Then my face got all hot and red like an allergic reaction.

I don't...not now, anyway; but for about 20 years I was inebriated on a daily basis. The consumption of alcohol changed me in ways I didn't like. I drove drunk, even with my young children in the car. I was so fortunate never to have had an accident, even when on the verge of passing out. Finally.n December 8, 1990, I realized I had to stop and called one of my law school classmates I knew was in AA. The next morning I went to my first AA meeting and haven't had a drink of alcohol since. I don't take medications containing alcohol and I don't even eat food cooked with alcohol. Works for me.

I suppose this thread inspired me after weeks of nothing, but last eve my beloved and I shared a pale ale with dinner, and this evening we are going to have another ale with cherries in it along with a fruit tartlette. :smile:

By first snow, I hope to have some Gulden Draak. :thumb:

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Claridon
10 years ago I would have answered the first option. Now I'm the last option. There are some experiences you just need to do at least once, getting so s***-faced you have to hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the face of the Earth is one of them.