How Often Do You Drink Alcohol? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How Often Do You Drink Alcohol?

How many alcoholic drinks do you have weekly? (Average)

• Over 15

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 10-15

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 5-9

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 1-4

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Alcohol dims your spiritual essense. I don't drink very often like once every 3 or 4 years, if that. Not against those who drink, just rather be spiritually connected.

Interesting thought though I sometimes need a break from my spiritual essence.

With that said I kick back a couple glasses of wine a night. The most I've ever consistently drank and I recognize the reasons for it.

I voted none, since I only drink once every couple of months. I used to drink quite a bit but since I've turned 18 I haven't really.

I enjoy a small glass of wine very occasionally with my dinner. I went to France a while back, and, if any of you have ever been there, you would know that one is not able to be considered a man if he does not drink wine with his meal. Fortunately, the wine community has done a fine job of choosing all the best types of wines to go with every type of course. The French know this information very well.

As for any other alcohol, screw it... Most of it burns all the way down, makes you feel sick after drinking it, causes you to do stupid stuff, and then makes you hung over the next day... wow, ain't that a pleasant day?

As for any other alcohol, screw it... Most of it burns all the way down, makes you feel sick after drinking it, causes you to do stupid stuff, and then makes you hung over the next day... wow, ain't that a pleasant day?
Yeah, if I want to act stupid all I need is encouragement! It'll also lead to illness and injury so why spend money on boos when I can get it for free! :D

I voted 1 - 4 (though with Christmas coming up it'll probably be 5 - 9), usually spaced out over the week as I gave up on the whole getting puking drunk thing years ago (though I do still like to get tipsy). Usually it's white wine, with the occasional lager or white spirit mixer thrown in. So far I wouldn't say it's had either an overly positive or negative affect on my life, it's just something I like to do sometimes (we'll see what my liver has to say about it in about 20 years time though. :lol: ).

I had 5 shots in the course of about an hour last night. Not the best idea btw.

I voted none because I drink so rarely. I'd say about every 3-6 months I'll have 1-2 drinks. I really just drink on special occasions..weddings, my birthday party things like that. I do enjoy the taste of alcohol. I used to drink lots more and there have even been periods when I drank kinda heavily. Back then my body could handle it. These days it just makes me tired and dehydrated and it's not worth the hassle. I have so little energy as it is I'd rather not waste it on drinking.

I used to like getting drunk when I was younger because it brought me out of my shell and enabled me to let my walls down. It let me escape from myself. I don't like the loss of control anymore though. The last time I got drunk was prolly 2006.

I like what [MENTION=3096]Sonyab[/MENTION] said about alcohol dimming your spiritual essence. I think there is some truth to that.

I'm pretty sure that when I drank more often my moods were all over the place and now that I rarely drink my moods are much more stable.

My opinions on the high drinking rate: I know several people who think it's perfectly ok to have 1-3 drinks every single day. I don't know how they can do that or how it can possibly be healthy. I have some friends (a married couple) who have children. They drink every day. The wife drinks wine all day long and the husband drinks wine as soon as he gets home from work until he goes to bed. They binge drink on the weekend. They seem to think it's perfectly ok. But I worry like crazy about them drinking so much with kids around. It just doesnt seem normal or right. It's like there is this attitude that if you drink wine or beer it doesn't count.

I wish we weren't so alcohol focused as a society. Most of the time I do drink it's just because I'm at a social event and I don't want to seem like a weirdo or like I'm being rude for refusing a drink. I know that's kind of lame of me.

If the government outlawed alcohol tomorrow I really wouldn't care. But I'm sure it would throw the country into a state of panic and distress.

I prefer to drink alone one night of the week, which I designate my wine night. Where I listen to so-called-sucky-jazz music and drink the cheapest Aldi wine and do crafts.
Other than that, that's it. If I go out I may have one or two beers but I don't really like beer and wine is too expensive to buy by glass at bars.
I don't drink a lot. Mostly I like my wine nights because they are excuses for me to pretend I'm fancy and classy.

Mostly I like my wine nights because they are excuses for me to pretend I'm fancy and classy.

Aaaaand because of the polyphenols, right? Lol ;) I like that I can get a nice buzz off a small amount of wine without feeling bloated or tired and for the most part it's pretty inexpensive.

I drink one or two beers along with friends but never enough to get drunk. Just that little bit I need to take the edge off.

I rarely drink otherwise. I tend to take a little bit of Wisky, Vodka or Slivovitz when I am absolutely stressed out or got a killer headache.
Just enough to numb the headache and just enough to slightly let go of build up tension.

I typically drink a couple times a year, for purely social purposes.

Recently within the last 6 months since I found out how cheap vodka is and that it can actually get me buzzed my intake has shot through the roof. 3 drinks a night sometimes more depending on what I am doing. With a night off here and there.

I prefer to drink alone one night of the week, which I designate my wine night. Where I listen to so-called-sucky-jazz music and drink the cheapest Aldi wine and do crafts.
Other than that, that's it. If I go out I may have one or two beers but I don't really like beer and wine is too expensive to buy by glass at bars.
I don't drink a lot. Mostly I like my wine nights because they are excuses for me to pretend I'm fancy and classy.

Wine nights are the best. I like to lay in my hammock and watch a good movie on Netflix and sip wine on a Friday or Saturday night. Nothing better.

During the day on weekends I like to drink corona light with lime, salt, and tapatio. They are light enough that I can drink them while I do construction projects or work on my car and still not get drunk. Once the sun goes down and I'm pau hana with my trabajo I switch to wine and listen to the crickets yee.

Wine nights are the best. I like to lay in my hammock and watch a good movie on Netflix and sip wine on a Friday or Saturday night. Nothing better.

During the day on weekends I like to drink corona light with lime, salt, and tapatio. They are light enough that I can drink them while I do construction projects or work on my car and still not get drunk. Once the sun goes down and I'm pau hana with my trabajo I switch to wine and listen to the crickets yee.

You are 16?

I voted 1-4 but it's really more like 2 every two weeks, maybe. I hardly drink alcohol anymore.

@ruji
Your question is out of the ordinary and honestly doesnt make much sense to me. Therefore I wanted to know the thought process in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc