How Often Do You Drink Alcohol? | INFJ Forum

How Often Do You Drink Alcohol?

How many alcoholic drinks do you have weekly? (Average)

• Over 15

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 10-15

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 5-9

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 1-4

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters

NeverAmI

Satisclassifaction
Retired Staff
Sep 22, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I am curious to hear your thoughts on this. There is a study finding that the rate of alcohol consumption in the US has grown in the past 20 years, see below for a link to an article on it.

How often do you drink? Do you think the amount you drink has any positive or negative impact on your life? Feel free to give reflections on why alcohol consumption in the US is increasing as well.

For the poll, a drink could be defined as a single beer, glass of wine, wine cooler, shot of hard liquor, etc.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/100929123636.htm

More people are drinking than 20 years ago, according to a UT Southwestern Medical Center analysis of national alcohol consumption patterns. Gathered from more than 85,000 respondents, the data suggests that a variety of factors, including social, economic and ethnic influences and pressures, are involved in the increase.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this. There is a study finding that the rate of alcohol consumption in the US has grown in the past 20 years, see below for a link to an article on it.

How often do you drink? Do you think it has any positive or negative impacts on your life?

For the poll, a drink could be defined as a single beer, glass of wine, wine cooler, shot of hard liquor, etc.

I drink about once every three months, mostly when the social setting would make not drinking look strange. It has mostly negative effects on me. I get slightly depressed, both during and after the intoxication.

I've never had an alcoholic beverage even once, which makes me quite an anomaly especially at Georgia Tech. My freshman year roommate tried to force me to drink, which just strengthened my resolve not to. I'm not opposed to the idea of sharing a bottle of wine with a girl of a high enough caliber as part of a romantic evening, but such and opportunity has yet to present itself and the idea of getting wasted on cheep beer with a bunch of guys is not appealing at all.

I rarely drink, and when I do I make sure I do it properly. I mean seriously lose myself.

I enjoy doing so, but only because it's a rarity. I can't drink like I used to. Hangovers really kill me for one.

Oh...er...

Well, by own standards, not a lot.

I mean, it only counts as 'lots' if you fall over and throw up, right?

Oh...er...

Well, by own standards, not a lot.

I mean, it only counts as 'lots' if you fall over and throw up, right?

No. That's a lack of balance, and a volatile digestive system caused by being an INTP. It's k though, we have Doctors for people like you.

--

Can't stand alchohol. Yikes. Like... idk. All I've really tried is straight vodka and it... just isn't good. And I don't like beer either.

Reactions: laurie
Can't stand alchohol. Yikes. Like... idk. All I've really tried is straight vodka and it... just isn't good. And I don't like beer either.

You're like me then. Try mixers. They're really girly but omg so good!

I used to neck Mudshakes (Vodka + chocolate milkshake).

No. That's a lack of balance, and a volatile digestive system caused by being an INTP. It's k though, we have Doctors for people like you.

--

Doctors?

But I'm scared of professionals!

Eeekkk..

You need to try something nice like Whisky.

Or better yet, GUINNESS.

Last time I drank any alocohol was about two years ago and it was a single glass of champagne.

I don't drink. I've tasted a ton of different things and not really liked any of it. I would drink wine ocassionally but I can't justify the cost. Also I do like whiskey for some reason.

Last edited:
Doctors?

But I'm scared of professionals!

Eeekkk..

You need to try something nice like Whisky.

Or better yet, GUINNESS.

WHAT YOU'RE ONLY 19. DO YOU BREAK THE LAW OFTEN... OR WHAT?

WHAT YOU'RE ONLY 19. DO YOU BREAK THE LAW OFTEN... OR WHAT?

Ireland's drinking age is 18 he's been legal for some time...

I enjoy a good time on the town generally I like "the have a good time with friends" over the "lets get some tail" that some friends go for. I'm pretty upbeat and down to wander too.

I generally think that alcohol has had a net positive effect. Enjoy getting out and fluidity I become when drinking. If I have too much though generally my day after is shot... price I pay for a good time.

One thing that's a downer about bar/club scene is the markup... [MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION] will say otherwise but $3 shots, $4 beers and $5 mixers is expensive as shit compared to if I get it myself... thus I don't go out on my own tab often...

Even then I was drinking pretty regularly at 16. Wouldn't surprise me if Melkor has been doing the same.

eh same fore me in my late teens but it's now above board :D

I enjoy a good time on the town generally I like "the have a good time with friends" over the "lets get some tail" that some friends go for. I'm pretty upbeat and down to wander too.

I generally think that alcohol has had a net positive effect. Enjoy getting out and fluidity I become when drinking. If I have too much though generally my day after is shot... price I pay for a good time.

lolirish.

Define drinking heavily... *stumbles* So yes I like to drink I said 1 to 4 as thats often me. I might have a beer a week or less but I do like to drink. And on heavy occasions its a lot more. 've not gone to the bar a lot lately all my drinking buddies are out of town.

Last edited:
Alcohol dims your spiritual essense. I don't drink very often like once every 3 or 4 years, if that. Not against those who drink, just rather be spiritually connected.

Alcohol dims your spiritual essense. I don't drink very often like once every 3 or 4 years, if that. Not against those who drink, just rather be spiritually connected.

THIS!

I'm not much of a drinker by Irish standards. Maybe to a bible basher, but here I'm a bit of a lightweight.

To quote a better man,

"An Irish queer is a man that loves women more than his drink"

So hey, I'm two three types of queer!

@Uthernoes: Sorry honey, but I only drink so much because you love it when I beat you and call you a dirty great whore.:(

I said none, because I usually only go drinking once a month (if that) as alcohol is hard on my body. However, the month of september was an exception to this rule, and starting tonight october might be as well :D.