Your "deep dark musical secrets" | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Your "deep dark musical secrets"

"Heart and Soul" by Huey Lewis and the News. Still like the song. :)

I quite like a couple of Take That songs, although my older sister confessed to liking one of them too XD

:) Funny.
Well, so far: country, pop and 80s are the most common "secrets":)
It would be interesting topic why:)

There is not too much deep reason for that hihi. In society there is such a mysterious intuitive feeling which make me feel what can be understood a bit stupid, even that music makes me feel pleasure. :m173:

I make my dislike for heavy metal very public. Something about power chords just doesn't come across as musical to me. Most of it gives me a serious headache. Plus, whats with the screaming? Do those front men want to be performing in the next few years? I'd hate to see what their vocal chords look like. Seriously.

To my disgust I seem to have developed an ear for some of the bands I have expressed distaste for. A few examples:

[YOUTUBE]YFHN0gcMUf0[/YOUTUBE]
I assume this is because my boyfriend is quite fond of this band and every time we get in his car he finds a satellite station that plays this song on repeat.

[YOUTUBE]6UztEfwHt14[/YOUTUBE]
I can't get over the female singer's voice. It is beautiful. They were dumb to fire her. The new singer can't hold a candle to her.

[YOUTUBE]5gkUOvTTIW4[/YOUTUBE]
Something about Marilyn Manson is hot... This song especially.

[YOUTUBE]cJyBeY5swG8[/YOUTUBE]
Hollywood Undead has more rap influence than metal (Which I also detest!) but this song has a hook that I just can't get out of my head.

Then there is Coheed and Cambria which I don't really deny my love for anymore. I have never been a fan of prog rock, but something about Claudio's voice makes me smile. Plus, It's catchy.
[YOUTUBE]AjDDSeMoXJs[/YOUTUBE]

and of course, The Lonely Island. But really aren't they everyone's guilty pleasure?
[YOUTUBE]UBCrsaet-2Q[/YOUTUBE]

I have plenty more, but I will save them for a different time.

Last edited:
I like Michael Buble! :D It's not really a secret, but it goes against what I usually listen to, because I'm so into alternative/indie/rock stuff. Most of the people I know who like him are twice my age (e.g. my parents)... haha.

Last edited:
I listen to these in my free time,
[YOUTUBE]-2Vr926F-38[/YOUTUBE]

I cheer when I get Rick roll'd (so much when I clicky I say to myself 'I hope this is a roll').

That's kinda embarrassing.

These are not secrets, but I like rap, bluegrass, opera, and just about everything really.

I cheer when I get Rick roll'd (so much when I clicky I say to myself 'I hope this is a roll').

That's kinda embarrassing.

These are not secrets, but I like rap, bluegrass, opera, and just about everything really.

Opera should never be someone's "deep dark secret" or "guilty pleasure"... but I might be bias.

Opera should never be someone's "deep dark secret" or "guilty pleasure"... but I might be bias.

^^Agreed, but some don't see it that way. Especially in my culture! Lol.

Well, at least I can say I got it from my Dad.

The only musical "secret" that I possess is that I like strange music. It isn't really a secret though. Here are two examples of stuff that is strange and shouldn't really count totally as music (and yes, I do like these bands and songs a lot):

Crystal Castles - xxzxczx me
Genre: 8bit/Electronic

[YOUTUBE]_uJ_gdEdMp8[/YOUTUBE]

Cibo Matto - Scifi Wasabi
Genre: Electronic/Electroclash

[YOUTUBE]fWrjUti71ps[/YOUTUBE]

The only musical "secret" that I possess is that I like strange music. It isn't really a secret though. Here are two examples of stuff that is strange and shouldn't really count totally as music (and yes, I do like these bands and songs a lot):

Crystal Castles - xxzxczx me
Genre: 8bit/Electronic

[YOUTUBE]_uJ_gdEdMp8[/YOUTUBE]

Cibo Matto - Scifi Wasabi
Genre: Electronic/Electroclash

[YOUTUBE]fWrjUti71ps[/YOUTUBE]

And indeed it is good music. :m105:

Yeah it is kind of a dying art. I really hate that. At least some people still appreciate it.

My secret is that I don't have a preferred style. I don't have a favourite band, artist, or genre. I eventually stop listening to everything I once listened to and move on to something else. I listen to things in phases, and then need to move past it. I'm looking for some music to strike my soul (or somethin'); so far almost all of it has fallen short.

Last edited:

Well, then "secrets" can be "secrets" because of internal (for example, when I think that I am too mature for liking some songs:):) or external reasons (for example, mayority vs. minority).

I love electronic dance music...

But most don't know that :p