Your "deep dark musical secrets" | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Your "deep dark musical secrets"

Did I mention I also love J-Pop? Talk about weird. That I hide even more than my liking of country... mostly because your more likely to catch me listening to J-Pop than country.

it's not that weird, I listen to jpop too. have you heard of uverworld?

I listen to a bit of "wind" and stormy weather.. and 'rainfall' sounds every once in a while. I also have a jungle one with roosters, monkeys, and other mysterious creatures. And a few with sort of grunts or screams, ghostly wailings...

it's not that weird, I listen to jpop too. have you heard of uverworld?

No, I've totally been out of the loop with J-Pop for the past 2 years.

But yes it is weird if you're someone who moves in social circles where even watching the occasional anime is still considered odd. I'm sure on a forum like this it's not, as I am seeing a bunch of posts confessing J-Pop and Anime liking. My attraction to it doesn't come from most of western culture's usual deep interest in Japan from the outside. I grew up in Japan, the culture, the zeitgeist, it has an odd familiarity to it that's nostalgic and homey. This isn't some interest in a foreign culture and a love for the beauty of the music, it's getting back to something I know.

My attraction to it doesn't come from most of western culture's usual deep interest in Japan from the outside. I grew up in Japan, the culture, the zeitgeist, it has an odd familiarity to it that's nostalgic and homey. This isn't some interest in a foreign culture and a love for the beauty of the music, it's getting back to something I know.

You are then citizen of the world:) I think that being raised in different cultures can be good for being tolerant.

You are then citizen of the world:) I think that being raised in different cultures can be good for being tolerant.

It can also be bad for it. You should meet my sister and ask her opinion about the Japanese, it's rather the opposite of my own. Weird, eh?

I love Puff the Magic Dragon...

And I love Lady Gaga...:m046::m2:and Celtic music...:meye:

I love Puff the Magic Dragon...

And I love Lady Gaga...:m046::m2:and Celtic music...:meye:
ME TOO! :m177:
Not a deep dark musical secret for me, though. I used to annoy my roommates with The Waterboys a ton.

ME TOO! :m177:
Not a deep dark musical secret for me, though. I used to annoy my roommates with The Waterboys a ton.
I don't really have anything deep and dark, was the best I could muster - LOL

I guess I'd rather people never knew I went to a NKOTB concert when I was a teen.... *hangs head*

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of mainstream like the jumpsuit band one, and panic at the disco....I liked them but they were uncoool.....

I don't have any deep, dark musical secrets.

I like what I like and I'm not concerned with what anyone else thinks about that, even if I do welcome engagement as it concerns others' experience with a band or artist that I am aware of.

cheers,
Ian

early madonna.

i used to own "the immaculate collection." lost it somewhere though. :(