Your "deep dark musical secrets" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your "deep dark musical secrets"

Now that rock is basically dead, I have to listen to country music to hear a half-way decent guitarist. Can you believe it!? I love great guitar.

country and rap are mine, but the country isn't out of left field for friends as that's what I listened to as a kid

Ween is the band that tought me the greatness of country music.

[YOUTUBE]A7ZPwxeE6n0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]izcKU-KnJ8E[/YOUTUBE]

And if I really must dig up some music that I'm ashamed of liking, this may be it:

[YOUTUBE]UFsv5qAhiys[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Did I mention I also love J-Pop? Talk about weird. That I hide even more than my liking of country... mostly because your more likely to catch me listening to J-Pop than country.

Oh yes same with me..Jpop, Kpop are part of my addictions, not to mention instrumental music and some other foreign music.

A few weird things.

1. I love - and I mean love - opera. Especially in the Spring. It's perfect Spring music for me!
2. I love kids groups. I don't mean kiddie pop or the mangling of adult songs for kids - I mean Sesame Street songs. Mark Kozelek (children & adults). The Wiggles. Trout Fishing in America (chidlren & adults). TMBG (children & adult) David McChicken (don't bother googling him he's not there). Etc. These guys come up with some really creative stuff that I like singing along to as well.
3. I'm Black. But I've always loved Patsy Cline. Yes, I like bluegrass and folk music (American and world wide) too. I don't like country music past 1980 but John Denver was cool. Yes, I said it, okay? JOHN. DENVER. WAS. COOL. :m159:

Big secret: I used to love Hee Haw as a little kid (no, Mom didn't get it either). :D

I think Party in the U.S.A. is catchy (but the lyrics still suck).

Other than that, I fly my freak flag when it comes to music.

Oh, I really like musicals too.

Nearly all of my house mates and I were obsessed with this song for some reason... We only belt out this song when drunk. And yes, I do know all the lyrics off by heart.

[youtube] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GNhdQRbXhc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GNhdQRbXhc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

My bestfriend and I... this is our song. We even have a little dance (which includes the head nod, of course), but shh... don't tell.

[youtube] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvJO6W7MFMI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HvJO6W7MFMI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

And this song (and video) just makes laugh... lol.

[youtube] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcSYbOo__og&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QcSYbOo__og&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Other than that.. hmm... I can't say I have many "musical secrets."

I love Celtic music and listen to "The Thistle and The Shamrock" (NPR in the U.S.) whenever I can.

I love 50's and 60's music

I love classica music, but I suppose all stringies do.

My deep, dark, musical secret is that I am madly obsessed with the classic Hollywood musicals, particularly those with Donald O'Connor, Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra, individually or together.

That being said, nowadays no-one has even heard of any of those people, which I think is terrible.

Speaking of musicals - A.L.Webber, his tunes are so catchy. I could be understady for any rolle in some his musicals (but I would be lasy Phantom, I simpy can't pull Music of the night....or anything else:) . I usually try to sing when noone is near.

The Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals are what got me into them in the first place. Phantom first, and then CATS, which was my major obsession for 9 and a half months.

Question? Have you noticed that people on this forum, no matter how old they are, usually like music very much. Maybe our type has something of teenage approach to music. You know that naive age, when first question after meet someone new is: What music do you like?
Music as instrument of indentification?
Maybe we have some childish part of personality all life.

The Andrew Lloyd Webber Musicals are what got me into them in the first place. Phantom first, and then CATS, which was my major obsession for 9 and a half months.

Me - Josep and amazing...with Maria Friedman singing Narrator. Just one word - awsome... I like Tim Rice's lyrics and I don't hide it:)

I haven't yet seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Raincoat, but I have heard a heap of the songs. I absolutely love 'Close Every Door'.

Another song I love from ALW, is 'Gethsemane' from Jesus Christ Superstar.
Amazing, *amazing* song.

I haven't yet seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Raincoat, but I have heard a heap of the songs. I absolutely love 'Close Every Door'.

Another song I love from ALW, is 'Gethsemane' from Jesus Christ Superstar.
Amazing, *amazing* song.

I like how that song progress, and I like tiny differences in chosing words. Example, cross is first "their tree" and at the end become "your cross". It shows peace with what will happen...

I saw tv version of Joseph, funny and clever.
From "Jesus..." - I am Pilat fun, great complex character. But, Gethsemane helped me in some hard episodes of life. Anyway, I still consider my love foe Webber as some sort of "quilty pleasure":)

I definitely dislike lady gaga.

No really. I do.

srsly.