Which Type Do You Get Along With the Least? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Which Type Do You Get Along With the Least?

Which type do you get along with the least?

• Total voters
Wow! :m075: I thought ESTJs were meant to be compatible with us!
I, for one, can't abide INTJs -_-;

MAJOR EDIT: I've just met pierce and he is the nicest INTJ I've ever met, so I take that back! =D Love you pierce! <3

Last edited:
To be honest I find that you'd only really type people that you get on with in some way. The type you get on with least would therefore be the type you rarely see.

I could say I clash with INTP the most, but we really wouldn't clash so much if we didn't enjoy it.

Uhm....ohhh..

I dunno, I go well with INFPs, fellow INTP's, INFJ's and select INTJ's.

I also have one ISTP that I admire greatly.

But thats about it.

We IN's go well together in most cases:}

Hmm, well, if I just go by my interactions with people I feel I know well:

ESFJ - Get along okay, but we don't really have much common ground. I admire their ability to get sh*t done though.
ISTJ - Again, no real common ground, but we're both introverts so we get along fine because we tend to just leave each other be. Don't seem to have much in the way of patience though, which can be a chore.
ESTP - Fun in small doses, too focussed on the more surface experiences in life for us to fully connect though. Can be pretty insensitive sometimes too.
ESFP - Same as above, but without the insensitivity.
ISTP - Confuse the hell out of me, but their live-and-let-live attitude means that if we can find some common ground we usually get along pretty well.
ISFP - Get along like a house on fire (one of my closest friends is one). I love the way they see the world in a similar but subtly different way to me.
ENTP - Get along really well, great fun like the ESTP but with more "depth".
INTP - Love their sense of humour, discussions with them can either be a chore or a delight, depending on how well developed they are. One of my other closest friends is one (he's got a well developed Fi for an INTP though, which probably helps).
INFJ - Have a tendency to over-analyse things and take life too seriously sometimes IMO, but apart from that I have much love for INFJs.
INFP - Love 'em, but then that's hardly going to come as a surprise to anyone. :lol:

Don't know any of the other types well enough to say about them, but based on the above it's probably the SJs I struggle with the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
INFJ - Have a tendency to over-analyse things and take life too seriously sometimes IMO, but apart from that I have much love for INFJs.

Absolutely agreed on this.

Wow! :m075: I thought ESTJs were meant to be compatible with us!
I, for one, can't abide INTJs -_-;

MAJOR EDIT: I've just met pierce and he is the nicest INTJ I've ever met, so I take that back! =D Love you pierce! <3
BEWARE! He's doing it to get into your pants!
;)

I usually don't try and type people when I meet them, therefor I don't know what types are hardest for me to get along with (if it's even a type thing--I'm inclined to think it's the person, but that's a mute point in this thread)

*I's can get on my nerves at times. I'm an I, but I like being around people that talk and communicate. Sometimes I's can be too quiet for my liking. Yeah, it's hypocritical, but it's how I feel.

*E's can be too loud and obnoxious at times. I like to have fun, but sometimes enough is enough for me. I don't want to talk every second, and I'm not depressed just because I haven't said anything in five minutes.

*F's can be too emotional for me. They can also appear irrational when their feelings take over their thought process. I know it happens to me, but I try and stem it when it happens.

*T's can be too cold, and appear heartless at times. Yes, I appreciate honesty, but have you ever heard of tact? Just because you approach things with Te and Ti doesn't mean I'm wrong for approaching things with Fe and Fi. Half the world does it right along with me.

*J's can be too stubborn. It can be their way or the highway. Yeah, our original plan sounded nice, but this new one sounds even better.

*P's can be too go with the flow. At times they appear detached to me. I like spontaneity, but I also like to follow through with plans from time to time. I also like to know where I stand with someone, and some P's seem to have a fear of getting "trapped."

I really haven't noticed too many things about N or S that drive me bonkers.

I voted for this a long time ago, and had based it on bad information, so I have to change it.

I tend to get miffed by NTP's the most often. The undeveloped versions of these types drive me absolutely insane.

The person I get along with least is my step mother in law. I love her but she see's me as embarrassingly eccentric, and her need for endless conformity to superficial appearances drives me up the wall. (My wife feels the same way as me.) She means well, but we have such different values.
I don't know what type she is.

Last edited:
.. does anyone else find this thread counter-productive? the purpose of typing people isn't to identify which people you dislike, it's to learn how to get along with all types better. besides, even people of the same type can vary quite substantially.

I get along pretty will with ESTJ's actually. I chose ESFP's not because of any dislike but just a complete lack of understanding. Here's a few I know.

INTP - good but conversation sometimes peters out unless we're working on something, forget to meet each other places.

ENTP - excellent companions but sometimes take me to scary places like seedy bars on the wrong side of town.

INTJ - Won't hold still! Come back! No wonder I thought I was one, I never got one to stay still long enough to figure out how much we didn't have in common.

ENTJ - Mutual respect but can't figure out the psychological distance. I enjoy humorous insults. Are we friends? I don't know.

INFP - Have to love them (Mom's one) but, um, why do you believe X? Fill in X with anything that doesn't make sense to me like fairies. I mean I'm down with fairies but why those in particular? Can you explain it please?

ENFP - I have to say that I love talking to you and I will never miss a chance, but there is a definite misunderstanding about the nature of this relationship.

INFJ - I'm still not sure if I've met one. I sort of think one of my best friends is one, in which case I love them even when they're using that Jedi mind trick. INFJ: "You will teach a class this semester." Me, eyes glazed: "I will teach a class this semester."
INFJ: "You will go bar hopping with me." Me: "I hate--" INFJ looks stern. Me: "I will go bar hopping with you."

ENFJ - Um, I'll just listen shall I?

ISTJ - Awful nice, but there is clearly a communications barrier. So, I'll just play Tetris in my head while you finish talking. I'll listen for the topic sentences.

ESTJ - Yes, I turned in the form. I'm sorry my number 8's don't all look quite the same. Yes, I'll initial the ones that are "malformed".

ISTP - Married one. One word. Hot.

I'm surprised few people picked ESTP...

.. does anyone else find this thread counter-productive? the purpose of typing people isn't to identify which people you dislike, it's to learn how to get along with all types better. besides, even people of the same type can vary quite substantially.
this is true...good points.

I get along pretty will with ESTJ's actually. I chose ESFP's not because of any dislike but just a complete lack of understanding. Here's a few I know.

INTP - good but conversation sometimes peters out unless we're working on something, forget to meet each other places.

ENTP - excellent companions but sometimes take me to scary places like seedy bars on the wrong side of town.

INTJ - Won't hold still! Come back! No wonder I thought I was one, I never got one to stay still long enough to figure out how much we didn't have in common.

ENTJ - Mutual respect but can't figure out the psychological distance. I enjoy humorous insults. Are we friends? I don't know.

INFP - Have to love them (Mom's one) but, um, why do you believe X? Fill in X with anything that doesn't make sense to me like fairies. I mean I'm down with fairies but why those in particular? Can you explain it please?

ENFP - I have to say that I love talking to you and I will never miss a chance, but there is a definite misunderstanding about the nature of this relationship.

INFJ - I'm still not sure if I've met one. I sort of think one of my best friends is one, in which case I love them even when they're using that Jedi mind trick. INFJ: "You will teach a class this semester." Me, eyes glazed: "I will teach a class this semester."
INFJ: "You will go bar hopping with me." Me: "I hate--" INFJ looks stern. Me: "I will go bar hopping with you."

ENFJ - Um, I'll just listen shall I?

ISTJ - Awful nice, but there is clearly a communications barrier. So, I'll just play Tetris in my head while you finish talking. I'll listen for the topic sentences.

ESTJ - Yes, I turned in the form. I'm sorry my number 8's don't all look quite the same. Yes, I'll initial the ones that are "malformed".

ISTP - Married one. One word. Hot
YOU SEE IT NOW!?
YOOOUUU SEEEEE IIIIITTT NNNAAAAAOOOO!!!?

/end crazy

Yes. ISTP's in a word, hotness.

:D Yep, that's how they are. Gotta love them, because on top of that, they tend to be astonishingly correct in these... hm... advices. :p And then we go and ask: "How the hell did you know it's going to turn out better this way?", and they just shrug and blush.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
ISTJs are just the worst kind of people. There too narrow minded, combined with these controlling tendencies that just make my skin crawl.

I actually find ESTJs hilarious on the other hand. I mean, i coud never be in a relationship with one but they make pretty decent friends IMHO

I'm really not sure of the types of most people I know. Of those that I do know the types of, most of the ones that I tend to clash with are INFPs. They drive me up the bloody wall, and the sensitivity and sometimes overly emotional outbursts makes me want to strangle a few. One of the people I consider 'worse person in the world' is an INFP, apparently.
Tricky thing is I'm also dating one. :m122:

You know INFPs are supposed to be your most compatible companions, Skoff. <3

It can help sometimes though to identify which types we have the most difficulty with, so we can identify which areas of ourselves need the most work.