Which Type Do You Get Along With the Least? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Which Type Do You Get Along With the Least?

Which type do you get along with the least?

• Total voters
Any ENTJ / ESTJ ish type or type that relies solely on facts & logic to the exclusion of all things unseen, such as Intuition or things intangible but real such as unconditional love, God, after life, faith, hope, etc etc.

Types that refuse to consider metaphors, signs, & symbols.. who scoff at Ni dominant people like ourselves and laugh at our "scientifically unproven" premonitions until they happen and even then refuse your intuition labeling it "mere coincidence" wielding their logic to make it fact.

Harsh, blunt, cold, no empathy.. "don't be such a cry-baby types..

Types I generally get along with: ENFP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, INTP, ENTP.

Depends on the person: ENTJ, ENFJ, ISFP, ISFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISTP.

How the fuck do I connect with you?: ESFP, ESTP.

ESTJs are a special case because they seem like they're everywhere and without my life experience I'd probably find it really hard to connect with them, but most of my family are made up of these guys so I've had to find ways of connecting and generally, they're pretty chill and adaptible.

I don't 'dislike' any of the types, but the ESxPs I just have to look at and say 'you are a positive alien, good luck to you.'

ESTJs are a special case because they seem like they're everywhere and without my life experience I'd probably find it really hard to connect with them, but most of my family are made up of these guys so I've had to find ways of connecting and generally, they're pretty chill and adaptible.

I don't 'dislike' any of the types, but the ESxPs I just have to look at and say 'you are a positive alien, good luck to you.'
Yeah.. I had at one time only 1 sensor in the fam of myself.. and all NFJ's. She tested ESTP and ESFP .. eek. It was like.. who are youuuu

I avoid loud and aggressive persons , they are a vexation to the spirit. . yes, that's a quote, but it is also very true for me. . so not so much type as how a person presents themselves. I have known a terrible INFJ, so it's more about an individual person I rather think

I had to think about this.

The truth is, for every person of a certain MBTI that dislikes me, I have a number of friends and acquaintances of the same type. What getting along with people with very different types comes down to is common interests, experiences, and cultures. Sharing common interests is a bridge.

I have a lot of trouble forming deep connections and natural bonds with Sensors. It almost never happens. Even if we hang out as friends or acquaintances for many years and have a lot of fun together I feel like I can't truly open up and share ideas or thoughts, or have deep conversations that make me feel like we are "close friends". (If I do they kind of freak.) There is something lost in translation, or like we're from different planets. My brother is a Sensor, though, and we're very close, and there are several Sensors who are close to me without me feeling close to them.

I have a lot of trouble forming deep connections and natural bonds with Sensors.
I am the same way. . We don't speak the same language, and I find myself being the translator. the one making all the accommodations while they look at me like I'm from Mars. it gets exhausting.

Yeah, with sensor it's only possible to connect over a common activity or project. But I quite like these casual/professional relationships with sensors.

Exception being ISFPs, who are great for personal talks.

I am the same way. . We don't speak the same language, and I find myself being the translator. the one making all the accommodations while they look at me like I'm from Mars. it gets exhausting.

Same.

Yeah, with sensor it's only possible to connect over a common activity or project. But I quite like these casual/professional relationships with sensors.

I like these relationships, too.

Wow, ESTJ is really leading the pack, haha.

I voted ESFP, though it's not the type I least get along with. I really don't know what type that would be.

But I have great difficulty connecting with ESFPs at any level, as far as I can tell.

So why are ESTJs so incompatable with INFJs?

It seems to me that it shouldn't be such a terrible match. ESTJs are usually quite principled, decent people, and I think the Fe of INFJ and Fi of ESTJ could connect in a sense.

I guess it's their perceived rigidness and close mindedness that's the issue, coupled with the desire to command.

But I found ESTJs to be quite open minded and open to certain different views due to tertiary Ne. I don't think they are as stubborn as people see them.

Overall, one of my favorite sensor types.

Reactions: Ren
But I found ESTJs to be quite open minded and open to certain different views due to tertiary Ne. I don't think they are as stubborn as people see them.

Overall, one of my favorite sensor types.

One of the directors on my floor is an xSTJ. I can't decide if ESTJ or ISTJ. But we get on really well. He's rigid about his work but he's funny in his own way and loves a good banter. I have a lot of time for him, though I think he's not popular with everyone.

I think it helps that I'm not working under him though.

Reactions: Daustus
So why are ESTJs so incompatable with INFJs?

It seems to me that it shouldn't be such a terrible match.

In the workplace: ESTJ = short-term vision, small picture, hard; INFJ = long-term vision, big picture, soft.

Recipe for disaster, but that's only in the workplace. The only time I worked under an xSTJ I felt super frustrated. But I like or at least don't mind xSTJs as persons usually.

So it would be quite interesting to know if the negative answers given here are mostly informed by workplace experiences. It's a section of the social realm where seemingly only what the INFJ and the ESTJ don't have in common is pushed to the foreground.

Reactions: philostam
One of the directors on my floor is an xSTJ. I can't decide if ESTJ or ISTJ. But we get on really well. He's rigid about his work but he's funny in his own way and loves a good banter. I have a lot of time for him, though I think he's not popular with everyone.

I think it helps that I'm not working under him though.

Yeah, ESTJs can be quite quirky. I don't know, they are good for me, but then I'm not an INFJ.

I also like that they are familial/affiliative, but at the same time not pushy or emotionally manipulative. They make "should" statements as well (like al SJs), but theirs are not of the kind that annoy me (like, "you should wash the dishes this way").

Their weakness is that they are pretty sloppy thinkers and not good in debates. They over-simplify and don't see the nuances of arguments.

But they really get shit done, which I appreciate. Especially compared to STPs who are totally unreliable (those that I know).

Reactions: Ren

Gonna grab Hos' post (you know, same type 'n' stuff, all good brah).

Types I generally get along with: ENFP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, INTP, ENTP, ISTJ, ENFJ.
Depends on the person: ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFJ, ISTP.
Shit (Experience so far but this will pbb backfire in my face) Tier: ESFP, ESTP. (I have a close ESTP friend, older person (60+), bit of a mentor with his life experience approach)
The Enigma: ISFP, ESTJ (I don't know why but ESTJ seem to be pretty difficult to approach for me)

Last edited:
I came into this thread to bitch about ESTJ's, lol.

The strange thing is, we get along really well until we don't. There's a mutual respect for work ethic, drive, wanting to be good at what we do, etc. We share the same frustrations about sloppy people who aren't on top of their shit. But once we disagree, it gets ugly because they are often unwilling to make adjustments for the sake of a larger vision; they get stuck on who was right (them) and who was wrong (me) and can't get past it, as if the whole point of working through a disagreement is simply to establish fault.

They wallow in argumentative minutia and want to drag me down into it as well in an attempt to overwhelm me with irrelevant bullshit. I want to scream at them: "I don't give a fuck who is right and wrong, I want to solve a problem and achieve something."

Here's what it's like:

Me: "Let's build a mansion on that hill right there. I've got the resources and team. We can do it easily."
ESTJ: "Yeah, that'll be great!"
Me: "It will overlook the ocean."
ESTJ: "How can it overlook the ocean if it's on the hill?"
Me: "I mean, on top of the hill, not on like...built into the side."
ESTJ: "Okay, but you said ON the hill, not ON TOP of the hill."
Me: "You're right. But what I'm saying now is build it ON TOP of the hill."
ESTJ: "But now you're backtracking and changing course from what you said earlier. Your exact words were: ON the hill."
Me: "Dude, you're quibbling. If we can both agree we'll build on top, then that's all that matters. Forget what I said and let's focus on the intent behind it"
ESTJ: "Don't turn it around and make it about me quibbling, though. I just want to establish exactly what you said because you misspoke, it's not that I'm quibbling."
Me: "WHO CARES"
ESTJ: "You're dismissing it because you know you were wrong by misspeaking and now I'm calling you out for it AND for accusing me of quibbling."

*fucking shoot myself*

Undeveloped ESFPs, probably. Selfish, shallow, histrionic, can't tell their ass from their elbow.

@Reason can tell you a nice story about a group of them we encountered in Ihop once...
Group sitting next to us:

"Liek oh Mai gawwd what if I just like, like slept with Brad? Sometimes I kiss girls too because I guess I'm just slutty like that like totally" and so on

I enjoyed watching the disgusted look on Lady J's face listening to this while I ate my pancakes. Dinner and a show :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Group sitting next to us:

"Liek oh Mai gawwd what if I just like, like slept with Brad? Sometimes I kiss girls too because I guess I'm just slutty like that like totally" and so on

I enjoyed watching the disgusted look on Lady J's face listening to this while I ate my pancakes. Dinner and a show :tearsofjoy:
:tearsofjoy:

It's for this reason that I no longer take my lunch in the uni library cafeteria.