What is the highest level of math you have taken? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What is the highest level of math you have taken?

I'm in AP Calc BC, but I used to be an INTP, so I guess I don't really count...

New Zealand Dictionary

Meth - That subject in school where they learn division, addition, multiplication.

The highest level of math that I took today, involved my paycheck. I am very eager to engage in unadulterated spending on selfish things. There is so much to spend it on. However, I have to take into account the 30% that the government takes - to spend on selfish things.

All I want to say is, God Bless Mathamerica.

I took Algebra II/Trig in high school, college Algebra and math for elementary teachers.

I told my 8th grade math teacher that I hated math. He told me that was very sad.

I LOVED geometry, though. I even became a tutor for the subject.

I LOVED geometry, though. I even became a tutor for the subject.

I was the exact opposite of that. I loved calculus and algebra in high school, but I can't do geometry for the life of me.

In university I took calculus and several stats classes. Although I'm convinced that stats isn't math.

I loved highschool calculus.

I was always good at doing something when I was shown how. But I couldn't for the life of me derive equations.

I'm lucky math was fun for me, given how stressful it can be for some people. I have friends who just can't deal with it. I'm lucky I enjoyed it.

Geometry - not so much!

I loved highschool calculus.

I was always good at doing something when I was shown how. But I couldn't for the life of me derive equations.

I'm lucky math was fun for me, given how stressful it can be for some people. I have friends who just can't deal with it. I'm lucky I enjoyed it.

Geometry - not so much!

I guess you can't do both. I LOVED geometry! It made so much sense, because I am a highly spatial person.

But calculus? OMGSHOOTMENOW!!!

I'm in multivaraible right now, I am hoping for the best.

I guess you can't do both. I LOVED geometry! It made so much sense, because I am a highly spatial person.

But calculus? OMGSHOOTMENOW!!!

I'm in multivaraible right now, I am hoping for the best.

What's multivariable math about?

I don't think I'm very spatial. Agh.. geometry and those vectors!

I decided to teach myself Calculus, and have picked up a book from the library to do such. :)

It's not that weird....I do the same thing with quantum physics :B

Wow. You are my hero Duty.

I have a very difficult time learning math. Very difficult. It takes me lots of repetition and a very clearly worded step by step processes.

I dread going back to college and taking math.....I am pretty sure that class will screw up my 4.0 average....

you crazy crazy crazy person!

I'm looking for new inspiration, and want to get into theoretical physics, so it makes sense!

Wow. You are my hero Duty.

I have a very difficult time learning math. Very difficult. It takes me lots of repetition and a very clearly worded step by step processes.

I dread going back to college and taking math.....I am pretty sure that class will screw up my 4.0 average....

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've never understood why people have trouble with math. All you have to do is 1. Know the rules and 2. Apply the rules in the proper order.

Of course, I'm an INTP, we're the most logic obsessed of the types (and mathematics is pretty much an extension of logic), so I understand I have a natural advantage in this. Maybe you could give some insight as to why you believe you're bad at math?

And depending on your major, you shouldn't need much above college level algebra. That's all I had to have (and I was a philosophy major).

Of course, I'm an INTP, we're the most logic obsessed of the types (and mathematics is pretty much an extension of logic)

I will say this to the day I die:

Logic ≠ Making Sense

:D

Thanks IS. I took calculus just over 6 years ago.. so I don't remember much at this point, unfortunately!

Duty.. it's probably just the way the brain functions. Consider something that may not come very easily to you - learning foreign languages, grammar, athleticism, balance, coordination, dancing, drawing/painting, playing or reading music... Now imagine someone who is just naturally good at that. Maybe they can draw whatever they see in front of them - they can just do it. They might say - you see it in front of you, and then you just draw what you see. But for those of us who don't have that ability, it's just not that simple :) .. having said that, I'll laugh if you're an excellent artist.