What is the highest level of math you have taken? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is the highest level of math you have taken?

Ugh I hate it I'm stuck in a math class of stuff I learned in like 6th grade. All the exponent rules pythagoream theorem. I have to wait until next year to choose what math class I'm in. I'm bored as hell. I finish the problems on the board before anyone else and usually before my friends finish the first 1 or 2.

I'm not a big fan of math. The highest level that I took was Algebra 3.

I struggled with math since the introduction of fractions in the 4th grade. Sad, I know. The problem is that I never had good math teachers. If I had to guess, I'd say that most my math teachers were STJ or STP, and their teaching styles were poorly suited to my learning style. I struggled just to get B's.

Geometry was the worst because I had a burned out teacher who never even bothered to teach at all. It totally ruined my math SAT scores. I still don't know how to proof a triangle. I'm positive this teacher altered our state End-of-Course tests to make himself look better (he was changing answers for another class while we were taking our exam). I took Algebra 3 in 12th grade to avoid getting him for Advanced Math.

It was the best decision I could have made because I actually got a great teacher who turned out to be my favorite math teacher of all time (I think she was an ENFP). For the first time I made straight A's in a math class. My XSTJ Algebra 2 teacher (who thought it was a good idea to teach math in the dark with an overhead projector) didn't believe my A3 teacher when she told her that I was one of her better students. That woman hated me anyway (and I must admit I wasn't particularly fond of her either). LOL!

I did pre-cal in high school. I passed with an overall B, but not without a lot of studying, lots of after school help from the teacher, and a freak virus that had me running a fever on the day of the final exam that somehow or another made all of it come together and make sense. I aced the test (something I had never done in a math class before) and the next week couldn't remember how to do a thing.

I enjoyed geometry, and even remember a lot of it. But I am not good with math. Math takes a lot of effort for me to work through, figure out, and then retain.

I am a good writer and I am very good at visualizing things. I tend to find that a lot of people who are good at math, aren't so good at English/writing and artsy craftsy stuff. I envy the people who are good at both and wish I had that mental flexability.

This makes me cry a bit :mcry: But I respect your decision.

:rofl:

I hate Maths.

I did a couple of statistics papers at university, is that maths?

i was taking advanced mathematics all the way through to 10th grade. then we had a psycho teacher who verbally abused all his students and i hated him for it and vowed never to try in math again. and i lost interest completely forever and ever and evaaaaaar u_u.

:rofl:

I hate Maths.

I did a couple of statistics papers at university, is that maths?
Sure is!

Although it is quite a bit different than a 3000-lvl Statistics class. I'm not sure which class(es) you did your papers in.

I did this first year class that involved:

Descriptive statistics, probability distributions, estimation, hypothesis testing, regression, analysis of variance, and experimental design. Sampling and design principles of techniques to build on in the implementation of research studies.

i was taking advanced mathematics all the way through to 10th grade. then we had a psycho teacher who verbally abused all his students and i hated him for it and vowed never to try in math again. and i lost interest completely forever and ever and evaaaaaar u_u.

That sucks :0 I have a teacher now that might slowly be killing my love of physics ;_; But hopefully I'll be able to take AP Physics next year, and I've heard that the guy who teaches that is cool, so I'm going to stick it out....

So true. Bad teachers can ruin awesome subjects in no time. I think before college is it much easier to have a teacher ruin something for you, because you have to see that teacher more frequently, have less choice on which professor you can choose, and are more dependent on the system to show you how to study and learn to get the grades that you want, etc.

In college you can skips classes and basically learn how to ENJOY the material regardless of who is teaching it. It's a lot tougher in H.S. to do this. And to be fair, most adults don't ever learn to enjoy most things in their own way, they still tie the subject with ideas and people they don't like so avoid the subject as tho they are avoiding those ideas and people by not learning/practicing it...A very bad way to do things, ultimately.

I like how all the INTJs have like NASA-level math classes under their belt :D

Despite my apparent calling as an INTwhatever, maths and me never saw eye to eye. I stopped studying it as soon as it was possible in high school.

Hey, how did my italics turn on! Hey! They're stuck!!!

Great. Trapped on a slant for the rest of my post.

Awesome :D

Most of my teachers in high school were appaling, they just couldn't care less and gave the bare minimum. I much prefer the indepedent learning style of tertiary study.

I'll second that!

I had only three good teachers in my entire school life. Two of them were Math teachers, and they taught me without ever giving me homework, I aced their classes. The rest of the class got homework but I never did. Every other math teacher gave me homework and I failed their classes.

I guess I was kind of lucky in that my parents made sure we attended smaller schools, and our teachers were pretty good most of the time. They were definitely likable, anyways, so I had no problem with that, for the most part...
But I always hated math homework, regardless *sigh* Which is actually what I should be doing now...

I took algabra 2/ trig and failed it. :p I am an artist. :p

I took math up through pre-calculus, though most everything I learned is pretty hazy by now.

Calculus 2. and I will be taking Calculus 3 (Multivaraible) next semester... ugh... I hate math...

Grade 12 Maths A.

The easiest maths you can do...that can count towards my final high school grade (as opposed to doing pre-vocational maths).

Ugh. Hate maths.

Statistics? Calculus? I can't remember.

I do remember finding out afterwards that I didn't need to take the class for my major. :doh:
All that stress for nothing.