What is the highest level of math you have taken? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is the highest level of math you have taken?

I love math, but i suck at it.
Uhm dunno really what i've studied last things at university i used the books:
Calculus - a complete course and Discrete and combinatorial mathematics.

BUT i dunno wth it's about. I never finished the shit.
I love math but sometimes it doesn't make sense!
Yes I know ... it's built on logic and should make sense. But it simply doesn't.

Though i want to reread all math i've done so far and try to go further. I love to solve math problems and I love programming and some science :D

Statistics. And I barely passed. Math and I are mortal enemies.

^ Oh Lord, don't even go there. You will be backed mercilessly into a corner.

There's an INTJ at my school that is convinced that psychology is not really needed. According to him, we should be able to just read the chemical and electric messages in the brain and decide what to do from there.
I think my counterargument has gotten as far as maybe a slight consideration so that it's easier to find a way to try to disprove it

Although he's a very extreme example of IxTJ. He's basically a robot :B

There's an INTJ at my school that is convinced that psychology is not really needed. According to him, we should be able to just read the chemical and electric messages in the brain and decide what to do from there.
I think my counterargument has gotten as far as maybe a slight consideration so that it's easier to find a way to try to disprove it

Yeah. My dad is an ESTJ psychiatrist, so his views are similar to your INTJ there. In a general sense, Psychiatry is like the ST based approach to the treatment of the mind, where Psychology is like the NF approach, roughly speaking.

The NT approach

post_tutorial_mad-scientist_2_470.jpg

"Your mind doesn't work. We'll rebuild from the corpus callosum out."

Oh ho, I would have FUNNNN discussing that! Seeing as I know a good ammount in that area.

While he does have a basis in believing that we could just analyse the chemicals and such in the brain, there is way more too it then that. People are sensitive individuals, and for something like depression, sensitivity needs to be given, not just a pill.

Yeah; he's pretty convinced we could just inject them with a chemical, and BAM everything's fixed!
I've done some pretty good debating with him; he's very idealistic in that NT sort of way

I'm taking AP Calc BC, one level higher than my school offers (yea, I'm one of those math geeks).

I'm taking AP Calc BC, one level higher than my school offers (yea, I'm one of those math geeks).

Yous is crazy! Crazy I say! Calculus... *grumbles*....

I HATE math.

Stats and pre-cal so far in college. I hope I don't have to take anymore math classes...I would die. :m152:

I took AP Calc in high school (AB I think... it was a while ago), did well enough to exempt myself from having to take any maths at all in college, and I haven't really taken any since. Which I guess is kinda weird because I love maths. Well, higher maths, the more elegant stuff. Arithmetic I find plodding and mundane.

My most memorable maths moment was when I was taking a "theoretical" physics class that wasn't supposed to have any hard maths in it, and it didn't, but I was working on some trajectory / velocity type problem and all of a sudden the integral formula that described the problem perfectly just popped into my head. It was great. I don't think I've seen the world the same way since.

Many won't believe this, but as a formal subject, the highest math I have is only algebra. o_O

Unless you count formal logic as a form of math, in that case I've taken an intro class to that and educated myself on much much more of it (predicate logic mostly).