What is the highest level of math you have taken? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What is the highest level of math you have taken?

Second Year University maths (Calculus, Trig, Geometry, Algebra)...
It was good.

Right now I'm in Calculus II, and it's all I have to go up to for my major.

Good luck! I had it already (I'm currentlly in calc III, my last one!). The intergration isnt so bad, it is the sums searies and sequences that are a pain in the ass.

Good luck! I had it already (I'm currentlly in calc III, my last one!). The intergration isnt so bad, it is the sums searies and sequences that are a pain in the ass.
Thank you. =3
I actually heard that Calculus II is more difficult than III, but I guess it depends on the person. So far it isn't as bad as everyone said it was, but then again, we're only a month into the semester.
Buttt good luck to you too. :]

Yay, calculus people! :)

I went to school to be a math teacher, so, yeah, lots of math classes. I'm going to reveal my nerdy side here and admit that my favourite math course was Calculus (either Calc II or Calc III - both fun!). But Geometry was always a close second!

EDIT: Good luck with the courses!

I went to school to be a math teacher, so, yeah, lots of math classes. I'm going to reveal my nerdy side here and admit that my favourite math course was Calculus (either Calc II or Calc III - both fun!). But Geometry was always a close second!

Crazy person...

Sorry, I hate math :D

Pre-calc was the last Math course I took, but in my degree I'm looking forward(not really :p) to Math for games 1 and 2 (some have told me just cute names for calc with programming) and something called discrete math.

Well, I'm putting off Calculus until I learn Set Theory. I want to complete my education in formal logic before moving on.

(various symbols replaced by [...], which is the name of the function)

{a: a is me} [in] [intersection]{{b: b is the set of people putting off calculus}, {c: c is the set of people learning set theory}, {d: d is the set of people wanting to complete education in formal logic before moving on}}

So,
a [in] [intersection]{b, c, d}

I'm just starting set theory, so don't hurt me!

That's cool. What level of math do you teach?
One of my choices when we were.. I guess you can say "career searching" back in high school was to be a math teacher. Math was always my all-time favorite subject next to chemistry. I would of wanted to teach Trigonometry or Pre-Calculus. =3

I agree with the monkey avatar guy geometry is relatively easy in comparison for me in most maths. It's just nice to have something structured to look at. I've taken up to pre-cal. When I go to college I will try to only take the math required of me and nothing more. Humanities seem to appeal to me much more..

Last edited:
I agree with the monkey avatar guy geometry is relatively easy in comparison for me in most maths. It's just nice to have something structured to look at. I've taken up to pre-cal. When I go to college I will try to only take the math required of me and nothing more. Humanities seem to appeal to me much more..
I never really liked Geometry that much, I love Trig, Pre-calc, and Calculus II best. I happen to think Integrals are fun. I'm such a nerd, I know, haha.

Really?! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE chemistry!!! I am a chemistry major! :D
Yay another Chemistry lover! x3
I absolutely love it, I especially enjoy working in the labs. I want to TA for Inorganic Chemistry when I eventually get to grad school. =3

What kind of career are you looking to do with a chemistry degree? x3

I absolutely love it, I especially enjoy working in the labs. I want to TA for Inorganic Chemistry when I eventually get to grad school. =3

My ideal scenario would to be come a professer in a university and do research. With my focus in organic chemistry. I love ochem above the rest.

My ideal scenario would to be come a professer in a university and do research. With my focus in organic chemistry. I love ochem above the rest.
That's cool. What university do you attend? I wish you the best of luck. =3
And I actually haven't taken Organic Chemistry yet, I will be taking it in the fall, so I don't yet know if I like it better than inorganic.

Really?! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE chemistry!!! I am a chemistry major! :D

OMG THEIR ARE TWO OF THEM HIDE!

I think forgotten rose and indigo sensor should get married asap.

How do you research organic chemistry?

My understanding of organic chem goes back to the intro of it I had in highschool, so it's limited. I always wonder... is it bonds you are looking at, attraction, interactions between molecules? But how do you actually figure out what's going on, especially at such a minute level?

:m075:

That's cool. What university do you attend? I wish you the best of luck. =3
And I actually haven't taken Organic Chemistry yet, I will be taking it in the fall, so I don't yet know if I like it better than inorganic.

I go to Montana State University.
Organic chemistry has no math, and I don't like math. It just fits my brain, and I just love it so so so much. . If you concider yourself a conceptual person you will like it. Like you, before I had organic I prefered gen chem (or as you call it, inorganic. True inorganic in my school is a course you take after quantum physical chemistry, which I have next semester.) What I really like about organic chemistry, is the mechanisms. In which you explain what happens to molecules in between reactions conditions, and it explains why it does what it does, and what shape it will be. Here is a very basic organic reaction called an Sn2 reaction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN2_reaction

OMG THEIR ARE TWO OF THEM HIDE!

I think forgotten rose and indigo sensor should get married asap.

HAHAHA! We should, INFJ chemists, what could be better! Except the fac that I am homosexual... GAH! This could have been perfact! :tongue1:

How do you research organic chemistry?

My understanding of organic chem goes back to the intro of it I had in highschool, so it's limited. I always wonder... is it bonds you are looking at, attraction, interactions between molecules? But how do you actually figure out what's going on, especially at such a minute level?

:m075:

Organic reaction mecanisms is what explains the structure. Look at the link I put above to get an idea :), but organic chemistry has SO much too it, like, it is limitless. There are many ways to tell structure; NMR, IR, UV-VIS, HPLC, Mass Spec. The list goes on and on and on. Here is a general idea :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_chemistry

Eeeh, chemistry never really fit with me...I think it was the way I was taught it, though.
I'm much more of a conceptual physics person :D