Suicide tourists | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Suicide tourists

Are you for or against 'assisted suicide'?

• Total voters
I'm planning on killing myself long before I have to endure a slow painful death. Just because science can keep me alive doesn't mean it should. And I figure I'm going to hell anyways at this point because of the whole homosexual thing, so I might as well throw suicide in there for good measure.

I'm a passionate supporter, but not because of "overpopulation". I don't agree that there are too many people, only too much stupidity. Which is a pity, but the solution is not murder/suicide.

The reasons are different: freedom, rights, lack of fear.

I recommend the movie Mar Adentro too. (and it comes with beautiful music score)

Reactions: Pristinegirl
I'm a passionate supporter, but not because of "overpopulation". I don't agree that there are too many people, only too much stupidity.

I agree, gtfo

Last edited:
But that way stupidity won't be reduced.

Have you noticed that people in the most attacked and isolated sub-societies reproduce the most? Genocide causes even greater birth-rates. When you integrate them, they regulate. Force only gets them worse.

But that way stupidity won't be reduced.

Have you noticed that people in the most attacked and isolated sub-societies reproduce the most? Genocide causes even greater birth-rates. When you integrate them, they regulate. Force only gets them worse.

Indeed.

Stupid people also tend to reproduce at a much higher rate, by this pace the average American today will be regarded as a genius in the future

Wait a minute here, it should have been "too" not "to" aswell, somebody should give you a spanking

Damn! I missed that one.

*Goes to get a switch.*

"Decreasing the surplus population" is a Noble Reason.

I bet the spirits of Christmas are all pissed off like hell at you.

You could probably take em though.

I'd dismiss them as a dream and ignore it. I'm a very social misanthrope.

Do any of you ever consider that we fight death for a living every day?

Rest in peace, the man was called Graig Colby Ewert and he suffered from ALS.
"I'm off to do something that would not be my choice if I had other options."

Some say assisted suicide. Others call it mercy killing or death with dignity.

It means that people travel abroad to e.g. Switzerland where it is legal, looking to get a prescription, allowing to end their own life.

People who are eligible are:
  • Couples who are very old and cannot stand the thought of living without one another.
  • Patients suffering unbearably and basically have no hope of recovery.
I saw this heartbreaking documentary called 'The Suicide Tourist' about a very courageous man, who had a dissorder which would make him fully paralyzed. Preferably he would choose life (as it was before) but had only two options: A slow painful death or simply death. After about an hour of getting to know this brave wise man, they filmed the assisted suicide. He asked them to play Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven. And you could see how he struggled to get the solution down, how his eyes were filled with sorrow about leaving. Ohhh... You just have to see it to understand it!!!!

:m033:

I think obviously it should be ok. I mean they do it to animals that can't even choose their fate, but they don't let humans?

It is pure selfishness and self survival instinct that prevents assisted suicide. People don't want to see their loved ones go, and while we can all understand that, in the end if someone feels it is necessary under certain painful conditions, they should certainly be allowed to do so.

People act like it's inhumane to allow it, but in truth, in certain situations, it is inhumane NOT to allow it.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
I voted "I don't know" because I have no idea about this stuff really, officially... I just don't see how if you wanted to kill yourself you would need to travel abroad to do it... I would stand on the train tracks cant screw that one up and its free!

I voted "I don't know" because I have no idea about this stuff really, officially... I just don't see how if you wanted to kill yourself you would need to travel abroad to do it... I would stand on the train tracks cant screw that one up and its free!

It's free to that person and that's great if they really want an out, but it's a an awful burden on the train conductor and the other people involved :(. It would be traumatizing to run people over.

One of the things that really sticks with an engineer is the sound of striking somebody. It just is a very distinct, hollow sound, and it's got a metal ring to it. The other thing is this feeling of helplessness. When it's an obvious suicide and somebody is putting themselves out there, there is nothing you can do.http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Suicide-by-Train-Through-Conductors-Eye-52361717.html
Not the best article but sad enough.

Last edited:
That's one of the benefits of being severely allergic to some common substances. If you ever really wanted an out and you were allergic to, say, peanut butter, if you were desperate enough, it would be easy. But god, what a terrible way to go :(

Last edited:
It's free to that person and that's great if they really want an out, but it's a an awful burden on the train conductor and the other people involved :(. It would be traumatizing to run people over.

Not the best article but sad enough.

Yeah that's true, but the person would be dead so it wouldn't be a concern. lol

How about putting rat poison or bleach in a syringe and injecting it into gel tabs and eating them? you'd digest em before you could throw em up.

That's one of the benefits of being severely allergic to some common substances. If you ever really wanted an out and you were allergic to, say, peanut butter, if you were desperate enough, it would be easy. But god, what a terrible way to go :(

Truly, anaphalaxsis(sp?)

I would probably just hang myself or something simple like that.

Make it crunchy peanut butter on celery. I can't think of a better peanut butter related death that doesn't involve a sexual act.

Elderly people who are sick already often commit suicide in a long, slow, painful, humiliating way, anyhow. (not eating, drinking too much -- so they can pretend it is not suicide) An 87-year-old loved one recently expressed to me that she thought "God I'm still down here, have you forgotten about me?". Most of her friends and relatives have died, so the loneliness is difficult as well. Of course, she would see assisted suicide as a sin.

Personally, I would never want to go like that, and would never wish a long slow painful death on anyone else, either, if assisted suicide was their choice and fitting with their beliefs. (Besides, it kind of fits with the J thing, too, doesn't it?)

Side note: I just have to say, I'm loving the ad system you people have here. I'm finding the Hugh Downs report ad on artery-clearing drugs in this thread amusing for some twisted reason.