Suicide tourists | INFJ Forum

Suicide tourists

Are you for or against 'assisted suicide'?

• Total voters

Pristinegirl

Jan 6, 2009
MBTI
ANFP
Some say assisted suicide. Others call it mercy killing or death with dignity.

It means that people travel abroad to e.g. Switzerland where it is legal, looking to get a prescription, allowing to end their own life.

People who are eligible are:
  • Couples who are very old and cannot stand the thought of living without one another.
  • Patients suffering unbearably and basically have no hope of recovery.
I saw this heartbreaking documentary called 'The Suicide Tourist' about a very courageous man, who had a dissorder which would make him fully paralyzed. Preferably he would choose life (as it was before) but had only two options: A slow painful death or simply death. After about an hour of getting to know this brave wise man, they filmed the assisted suicide. He asked them to play Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven. And you could see how he struggled to get the solution down, how his eyes were filled with sorrow about leaving. Ohhh... You just have to see it to understand it!!!!

:m033:

Last edited:
Reactions: Goatman455
The world is overpopulated as it is. If people wish to leave, I say good, they should have all the help they need.

The world is overpopulated as it is. If people wish to leave, I say good, they should have all the help they need.

Did you EVEN read the description? :S They are, if, only granted for those two reasons I mentioned, which are heroic and admirable reasons in my opinion!!!!

Last edited:
My dad would be eligible for assisted suicide.

Would I like to see him go well no, would I like to see him keep living the way he is heeellllll no.

"Decreasing the surplus population" is a Noble Reason.

I heard that the one thing that will decrease population growth without killing people is women's lib.

A slightly less morally dubious thing then killing people.

But what if they don't really wanna leave, its pretty common to change your mind.

What then?
:m034:

Some say assisted suicide. Others call it mercy killing or death with dignity.

It means that people travel abroad to e.g. Switzerland where it is legal, looking to get a prescription, allowing to end their own life.

People who are eligible are:
  • Couples who are very old and cannot stand the thought of living without one another.
  • Patients suffering unbearably and basically have no hope of recovery.
I saw this heartbreaking documentary called 'The Suicide Tourist' about a very courageous man, who had a dissorder which would make him fully paralyzed. Preferably he would choose life (as it was before) but had only two options: A slow painful death or simply death. After about an hour of getting to know this brave wise man, they filmed the assisted suicide. He asked them to play Symphony No. 9 by Beethoven. And you could see how he struggled to get the solution down, how his eyes were filled with sorrow about leaving. Ohhh... You just have to see it to understand it!!!!

:m033:

Define "Very Old"

What would the doctor's prognosis have to be for a cancer patient to be able to do this legally?

"Decreasing the surplus population" is a Noble Reason.

:m167:

My dad would be eligible for assisted suicide.

Would I like to see him go well no, would I like to see him keep living the way he is heeellllll no.

Exactly! It was the same way for the guy in the documentary. His wife did not want him to suffer but neither want him to leave.

Define "Very Old"

What would the doctor's prognosis have to be for a cancer patient to be able to do this legally?

80's and 90's but it varies I think.

It is only legal in certain places. I don't know what the prognosis has to be but severe anyhow. With eligible, I mean being able to be considered for an interview about it. It might not go further than that, as it did for two couples in their 70s were the man had a fatal heart disease.

However in those cases, as such in Canada, some commit suicide anyway: The husband shot his wife in the head to then shoot himself (because they wanted too). :|

Hehe these old people are rebellious.

"We did it because we wanted to." Says the suicide note.

Don't go shai!
:m196:
Your to amusing to die!
:m104:

Wait a minute here, it should have been "too" not "to" aswell, somebody should give you a spanking