Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, they should not leave

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Alternative uk union (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other option (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/opinion/louise-mensch-britain-better-off-out-of-europe.html?_r=0

"Brexit offers Britons more money, more control, free trade and planned immigration.

First, the cash. Britain sends about £55 million, or about $80 million, per day to Brussels. To place that in context, Daniel Hannan, a Conservative member of the European Parliament, calculated that all the austerity cuts that the chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, made during the last Parliament, amounted to £36 billion, while Britain’s contribution to the European Union in the same period was £87 billion. Mr. Osborne could reverse every cut in public spending and still pay the deficit down faster if Britain were outside the European Union.

Of course, it is not quite that simple. The European Union returns some of that money through spending in Britain, though not nearly the amount it takes out. In 2015, Britain’s net contribution was £8.5 billion; in 2016, it is forecast to top £11 billion. If we ended these payments, we could end our austerity measures."

Hey, well that sounds very nice!

"The second issue is the wave of illegal immigrants effectively invited into Europe by Germany’s chancellor, Angela Merkel. A growing proportion of Britons believes their country should accept fewer refugees; Turkey, where a majority of these migrants have come from, is already a safe destination.

We also note that many are young men, of fighting age, who appear to have abandoned their families; the recent sexual assaults on women in Cologne, Germany, by marauding groups of migrants have confirmed the fears of many in Britain. With no curbs on the free movement of migrants under Europe’s Schengen Agreement, British voters expect a wave of unwanted immigration once these migrants are given asylum elsewhere in Europe. We are unwilling to close our eyes to this, and we want our borders back."

Pretty on-point for a mainstream article.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
5.2% Reporting

Remain a member of the European Union
48.9%

Leave the European Union
51.1%

cwZgbmn.png

RIP, globalism.

bwsvg6R.png

So, the majority chose "Leave". What now?

0dHfyhO.png

Chain reaction?

Markets are already down. Sterling is crashing. NYSE should be down tomorrow.

Markets are already down. Sterling is crashing. NYSE should be down tomorrow.

Better hiccups in the markets than [redacted] of [omitted] [truncated]!

Last edited:
Face.jpg

Not at all.

I'm so glad the butthurt camp has collapsed. I'll predict Poland will be the next to abandon the caliphate of Europe.

I'm so glad the butthurt camp has collapsed. I'll predict Poland will be the next to abandon the caliphate of Europe.

I will literally cry if that turns out to be true.

Last edited:
13510872_10153541923355723_161582092645507769_n.jpg

This always happens with national votes like these. Calm down. Britain now has real representation.

:D

I'm not uncalm. I'm just showing what is happening now. Someone asked, "What now?"

Woot Woot!!

WHAT A FUCKING RESULT!!