Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, they should not leave

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Alternative uk union (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other option (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The changes that are dead certain are the good changes.

Right now the globe is divided into 13 trading blocs. If you guys think you can negotiate decent trading arrangements by yourselves? Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable if my country wasn't in a trading bloc. My country is smaller than yours, however.

If Farage and UKIP are for it - I'm against it, that's a general rule of thumb

Last edited:
Second-rate troll.
I have a friend here in the US who grew up in England, the son of Indian immigrants. He came here for university and never wanted to return. He told me that in England if you are not white and have the right accent you are always an outsider.

This is only one of many stories I have been personally told, and and there is plenty of articles available online in the same vein...so don't pretend that pointing out the underlying xenophobic attitude of many older Englanders is "ignorant" I have a lot of respect for England, but it is not blind.
btw I am only a second rate troll because my heart is not in it (unllike yourself)

I have a friend here in the US who grew up in England, the son of Indian immigrants. He came here for university and never wanted to return. He told me that in England if you are not white and have the right accent you are always an outsider.

This is only one of many stories I have been personally told, and and there is plenty of articles available online in the same vein...so don't pretend that pointing out the underlying xenophobic attitude of many older Englanders is "ignorant" I have a lot of respect for England, but it is not blind.
btw I am only a second rate troll because my heart is not in it (unllike yourself)

I'm not pretending anything, but your personal stories don't reflect mine, so I'm not convinced England is xenophobic, and I've probably known more of them considering I have actually lived here my entire life. I'd even go as far as to say that the UK as a whole is probably one of the most tolerant countries in the world right now.

I'm not pretending anything, but your personal stories don't reflect mine, so I'm not convinced England is xenophobic, and I've probably known more of them considering I have actually lived here my entire life. I'd even go as far as to say that the UK as a whole is probably one of the most tolerant countries in the world right now.

I lived in the UK and I have to side with [MENTION=1939]Stu[/MENTION] here. I'm not convinced.

I find it funny that even on this thread, the English get bashed for being xenophobic for wanting to control their own affairs.

This forum is a gateway to masochism.

I better start teaching myself not to be racist and vote remain, then. Thanks for the warning.

lol what nonsense are you talking?

Living in the UK as a whole I did find them to be rather racist/xenophobic. They are here in Ireland as well. It's a fact. No one is saying you are personally because you are English.

Reactions: JJJA
lol what nonsense are you talking?

Living in the UK as a whole I did find them to be rather racist/xenophobic. They are here in Ireland as well. It's a fact. No one is saying you are personally because you are English.

Why on this thread about the UK referendum, then? And why only comment on the English? It's very peculiar that we choose to speak of xenophobia when discussing an EU vote.

I hope you guys leave. Unfortunately, people are probably afraid to leave and will vote to stay.

People always choke in the voting booth.

I find it funny that even on this thread, the English get bashed for being xenophobic for wanting to control their own affairs.

Are you say there isn't a xenophobic element to the Leave Campaign? From what I have heard of it there is without a doubt, all this sputtering on about immigrants. UKIP: "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" which is about accurate (Cameron's words not mine), the only major political party to support the Leave Campaign.

Are you say there isn't a xenophobic element to the Leave Campaign? From what I have heard of it there is without a doubt, all this sputtering on about immigrants. UKIP: "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" which is about accurate (Cameron's words not mine), the only major political party to support the Leave Campaign.

The official Leave Campaign wants the UK to control its own borders. If you think that is racist, then I suggest you petition for all borders to be abolished. I'm sure Trudeau, the Pope of Feminism, is trying to do just that.

By the way, I have had many immigrants, now British citizens, tell me they will also vote to leave. This has nothing to do with ethnicity, as you well know.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
The official Leave Campaign wants the UK to control its own borders. If you think that is racist, then I suggest you petition for all borders to be abolished. I'm sure Trudeau, the Pope of Feminism, is trying to do just that.

By the way, I have had many immigrants, now British citizens, tell me they will also vote to leave. This has nothing to do with ethnicity, as you well know.

Wow, OMG, you're such an evil bigot!!

I think you should have at least twenty Somali migrants moved into your backyard. Thoughts?

This is not the truth and you know it. All this not-so-subtle talk about turning back the clock when Britain was great before the immigrants destroyed it, its a wonder they haven't dug up Enoch Powell so he could repeat the "rivers of blood" speech over and over again.

This argument about plenty of immigrants supporting Leave is sort of like saying there are plenty of blacks and Hispanics that support Trump. To prove it, the campaign digs and digs until they find one lonely sod who is a Trump supporter, then they trot him in front of the cameras to "prove" how inclusive they are. Like this act fools anyone.

This is not the truth and you know it. All this not-so-subtle talk about turning back the clock when Britain was great before the immigrants destroyed it, its a wonder they haven't dug up Enoch Powell so he could repeat the "rivers of blood" speech over and over again.

This argument about plenty of immigrants supporting Leave is sort of like saying there are plenty of blacks and Hispanics that support Trump. To prove it, the campaign digs and digs until they find one lonely sod who is a Trump supporter, then they trot him in front of the cameras to "prove" how inclusive they are. Like this act fools anyone.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/i-was-attacked-for-campaigning-for-vote-leave-132568

I'm not the one trying to prove anything, but your constant out-crying of racism leaves me with no choice but to state the obvious.

Last edited:
I'm still to hear your genuine reason mate. Beyond not having a fucking clue about work law or rights, I yet to understand your point.

I'm not allowed to vote as a swedish national living in england, but I hope UK will vote stay. If UK is not satisfied with the EU deal, then we have to remain to change, we can't change anything by leaving. But I also believe the referendum is a simple diversion from the Tories to direct frustration with the current political situation onto the EU. The economical and social difficulties are not EU's fault, but the result of ever growing capitalism and its oncoming collapse, and by leaving our government will be given free range to worsen food standards, workers rights, human rights, social migration and economical, financial and trade agreements. We don't have a say if we are not part of the agreements. The EU was formed as a result of the second world war and the affects and deaths nationalist idealism brought upon the world, the EU was formed to protect its allies. To leave is to let history repeat itself again.

I'm still to hear your genuine reason mate. Beyond not having a fucking clue about work law or rights, I yet to understand your point.

Are you serious? You literally had nothing constructive to say other than to suggest that the leave campaign is full of 'hate'. The usual nonsense I hear all the time from the ill-informed. I'm done giving reasons, it is polling day. Time to vote leave for me.

The EU has destroyed the UK's biggest fishing industry in the North Sea by carving up its territories without consultstion. It has continued to give itself more centralised powers without consultation. The EU's legislative branch consists of a handful of Commissioners; all of whom are never elected, and some that have even been removed from office in their nation states, now dictating legislation freely without any scrutiny. The EU Parliament does not have a say over what laws or passed, it only gets to vote in a literal echo chamber by holding up a blue card. The Commission has the power to overrule the parliament, and on each of the 72 occasions the British have tried to stop something, it has been overruled every single time. If you think this is healthy democracy, then by all means, you can call the leave campaign full of hate. I call the remain campaign full of anti-democratic scare-stories for supporting a stagnating superstate that continues to expand its borders, allow military-aged criminals and terrorists into its lands on a whim, and continues to undermine its original purpose by dividing the continent through its larger and unfair powers over the nation state. It would be like demanding the United States sell half of its Congressional and executive powers to an unelected body of bureaucrats in a different country altogether. The UK can produce its own written constitutional laws giving itself its own workers' rights and powers. Why are you against this? Why so much contempt for democracy? The European Court of Justice is the supreme court in Europe. It has the final say over every other court, even the UK. This is completely unfair, it is a rigid system that never reforms itself. There are an increasingly piddling amount of 'hate speech' laws within the European Court of Human Rights; and has been used in the past to wrongly indict people that have tried to express their opinion in a civilised manner (Geert Wilders for example). But you people are so offended by the mentioning of border controls or criticism of awful religions that you don't actually mind these people getting arrested. You are quite happy with the erosion of nation state laws and free speech, as long as it doesn't hurt your feelz. Muh feelz...

People are allowing their own vested interests get in the way of this vote. This has nothing to do with Capitalism or the 'Tory' government. Remember that if we didn't elect the Conservative Party we wouldn't even have gotten this choice to vote because the Labour Party seem to show contempt for public consultation. This is about how the UK should be governed; by our own elected representatives, or unelected civil servants in another country? Simple decision for me.

Last edited: