INFJs and ENTPs | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and ENTPs

Umm, actually, no. That is a common misconception. ENTPs are very dedicated to goals.... the problem is that we get bored fast, and when we get bored we see no reason to continue and drop it, unless it is really important, like something that could make us money.

For goals like 'Learning'. It's everchanging and always evolving. So it's extremely hard for us to get bored of it, or drop it completely. It's why ENTPs are said to be the most Knowledge hungry of all the types.

Also ENTPs would hate to know everything because then we'd have nothing else to learn. :/ You understand having nothing else to learn is like an ENTPs worst nightmare.

Umm, actually, no. That is a common misconception. ENTPs are very dedicated to goals.... the problem is that we get bored fast, and when we get bored we see no reason to continue and drop it, unless it is really important, like something that could make us money.

For goals like 'Learning'. It's everchanging and always evolving. So it's extremely hard for us to get bored of it, or drop it completely. It's why ENTPs are said to be the most Knowledge hungry of all the types.

Also ENTPs would hate to know everything because then we'd have nothing else to learn. :/ You understand having nothing else to learn is like an ENTPs worst nightmare.

Now, are you speaking for yourself as an ENTP being dedicated to your goals, or for all ENTP's out there? Every profile on ENTP I've read on the subject points out this particular trait. That's a little too wide spread to be a 'misconception.'

Hmm. The quest for knowledge you're describing is something I definitely recognize in myself as well, and something I definitely admire in others.

Last edited:
No, Every profile for ENTP says they have a hard time following through. They never say why. It's because of boredom, like I pointed out, so if we want to follow through then it would need to be forced, or the goal would need to be everchanging and something extremely hard to get bored of. Knowledge Seeking is something extremely wide. You get bored of one side, and you can jump all the way to the other side. It's got so many subjects in it that an ENTP could never get bored. If you'd like to wait for another ENTP to come in and back up what I'm saying we can do that.

^^ That's good.

Remember: you don't need 'back up' if you're apt to argue your points logically. This is a discussion and thus far, I'm following on what you're saying.

So, this knowledge seeking is common to XNTP's.

Yes, Yes. NTPs are known to be knowledge hungry. While NTJs are known to be power hungry.

I've actually came to the conclusion that both are both.

Knowledge = Learning // Knowing = Learning
Knowing = Power // Learning = Knowing
Power = Knowledge

The core working definition of Magic is knowing and executing something that others do not know.

Magic is Unknown Knowledge is Power.

That would make sense, since xNTPs use Ti and xNTJs use Te

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! Like Schoolhouse Rock! Although I'm not quite sure I follow your train of logic there, Ookami

:p I do too. It doesn't matter if the knowledge is useful or not, because you never know when it could turn useful.

I'd rather wipe more than half of humanity off the planet, fuck homo sapiens, what about other species?

I agree that homo sapiens aren't the most important beings on this planet, but I don't think genocide is necessary. I see a decline in population happening on it's own and we're seeing the beginnings of it right now. I'd rather try to keep it from being a sharp decline.

I live in the United States, and the news here is focused on the economic problems here (I understand your problems with Amero-centrism), but the economy is global. The rest of the world is just as affected.

Civilizations have collapsed before and I think we're pretty much at the peak of our global attempt. I hope to encourage people to grow and obtain their own food, without being dependent on our current system. This means gardening on public and private land, but also encouraging weeds (the scabs of the Earth) and native plants. Our current fascination with perfect lawns pisses me of to no extent.

Last edited:
I have two sons, one an INFJ, the other an ENTP and while they're devoted to one another, I doubt they will ever understand each other, though the INFJ has more insight into his ENTP brother than the other way around. The ENTP can be incredibly hurtful to the INFJ at times without meaning to. Poor kid has to deal with an INFJ mother as well...he's outnumbered. I notice he's more comfortable with his ESTJ stepmother.

:/ Are you sure he's ENTP, or maybe he just hasn't matured to hate STJs yet...

I'm comfortable with SJs, so long as they don't talk politics or religion, or other idiocy.

My best friend is an ENTP. ENTP women though? Oh man, fickle and hard to truly read. If INTP women need a t-shirt which says 'see these emotions? these arent my true emotions' then ENTP women need a shirt which says 'dont even try to understand, if you value your sanity'.

ENTP women though? Oh man, fickle and hard to truly read. If INTP women need a t-shirt which says 'see these emotions? these arent my true emotions' then ENTP women need a shirt which says 'dont even try to understand, if you value your sanity'.

yes the accuracy of this is astounding from my experience (even as a generalization)

I would like to point out that yes NT's can and are arrogant. Not everyone is mind you but its there. And I would argue ever temperament has it just differing on the topic of arrogance.

I've found the less matured our balanced the more profound this is.

NT- Arrogant about knowledge and logic. They think they know everything and everything can be logical understood.
NF- Arrogant about understanding of feelings and understanding the big picture. We also think we know people better than we may really
SJ- Arrogant about tradition and how they think the world should be. And that they know whats best for you and everyone else. Regardless of the truth.
SP- I'm not sure I don't know many SPs well enough.

My best friend is an ENTP. ENTP women though? Oh man, fickle and hard to truly read. If INTP women need a t-shirt which says 'see these emotions? these arent my true emotions' then ENTP women need a shirt which says 'dont even try to understand, if you value your sanity'.

ROFL great and I thought NTs would be a good match. I guess not.

Well that means I'm going to be single for a while until I find a none crazy person.lol

ENTP women though? Oh man, fickle and hard to truly read. If INTP women need a t-shirt which says 'see these emotions? these arent my true emotions' then ENTP women need a shirt which says 'dont even try to understand, if you value your sanity'.

yes the accuracy of this is astounding from my experience (even as a generalization)

o-O

Fickle, no. Confusing, maybe. Hard to read, probably, unless I tell you how I feel.

My problem is I go with how I feel at the time, my emotions are always true and if I express them it's done accurately, what is not certain is that I'll still feel those same emotions later or with the same intensity.

ROFL great and I thought NTs would be a good match. I guess not.

Well that means I'm going to be single for a while until I find a none crazy person.lol

Oh come now, don't listen to them!

GODDAMMIT! Zero, don't be chasing off the INFJ men folk *huffy pout*