INFJs and ENTPs | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and ENTPs

I've thought more about this topic. And I'm unsure of how I would feel with a female ENTP. I don't tend to like male ENTPs much if at all. For a variety of reasons. One of the chief reasons is their ethics system usually the ends justify any means. And of course the Extorversion too.

Its hard to take a guess seeing as I don't know an female NT's in RL.

I think it could work but it would be a whole lot of work for both parites.

It would be interesting though. :mhula:

=/ The End's do justify the Means. Would you rather save 1million people only to have 1billion die later, or Kill 1million people first hand while their family watches them die, and then gets killed themselves, to save 1billion people in the future.

I'd rather wipe more than half of humanity off the planet, fuck homo sapiens, what about other species?

i don't get it. what's wrong with that?

Nothing Shai, I just don't align most of the time with utilitarianism. I fall more into kantian and Aristotelian ethics a majority of the time. Not that the ends never justify the means but using that ethic requires a lot more careful treading as problems seem to appear rather quickly. And there is not always a good answer.

in general, perhaps female ENTPs appear slightly 'tamer' than males, at least on the outside...maybe becuase of social conditioning due to gender? i could be wrong.

<----ENTP

Not sure why I came to post in this thread (concidering I skiped 3 pages of conversation)

I personaly would love having an INFJ girl to be the mother of my children, but I don't I could stay with her long enough for that to happen.

In a relationship, I get a little flighty after about 2-3 months when I need the girl to put her foot down and keep me with her. If the girl I'm with cannot be asertive and keep me tied down, then I end up leaving her... Most of this must come for commitment issues, but once I get over that 2-3 month time, I'm 100% commited to the relationship, just most girls have not been able to get that far...

ENTPs are alluring, but as for settling down with them long-term...uh...

'can they commit?' is not the right question...perhaps 'do i believe they will commit so as to commit myself to them?'

in general, perhaps female ENTPs appear slightly 'tamer' than males, at least on the outside...maybe becuase of social conditioning due to gender? i could be wrong.

Thats very possible. I think a balanced ENTP wouldn't be bad.

Don't get me wrong I admire NT's and I do get along with INTP's very well.

I actually wouldn't mind an NT women. Hell any women right now would be nice.lol :mhula: :m142:

I've dated an ENTP for three years. They're very charismatic and witty, but they're also capable of being very sweet. The ambition thing is pretty hot too.

I think an ENTP/INFJ as a couple are a pretty great combination.

I'd like to elaborate further and say that I prefer a self-realized ENTP's because they're comfortable with who they are, maybe even a bit cocky, but never obnoxiously arrogant. I'm attracted to that sort of partner because I personally need that rock; someone that can challenge me and call me out on my emotional bullshit. Get me out of my shell, and invite me out to have some fun.

But even though INFJ's are the one's with the reputation for being rather susceptible to low self-esteem, and thus a little frustrating to deal with for their unpredictable moods, insecure ENTP's come with their own brand of problematic behavior.

I thinkmyself and many of my fellow INFJ's would have severe problems with an ENTP with self-esteem issues. Certain extroverted types have a rather poor disguise for their insecurities that tends to translate into obnoxious attention seeking. INFJ's can see through fronts with piercing accuracy. Low self-esteem in others is something they are especially adept on picking up on right away, and they are often the first to offer their help and sympathy. Unfortunately, an ENTP who acts out can be terribly taxing on the no nonsense, peacekeeping INFJ, who rather not say anything to avoid conflict, but recognizes the deception as vividly as if it were stamped onto their partner's foreheads.

Often INFJ's are the only ones with the patience to tolerate such behavior, although it isn't healthy for them, or their partner, who often doesn't realize that they're doing this.

Last edited:
I feel the need to correct the Arrogant Statement. Arrogance is thinking you're above everyone. ENTPs are not arrogant. Most ENTPs I know believe people to be equal and that some people are just better at somethings while others are better at other things. ENTPs are, however, cocky motherfuckers. Believing we're the best at what we do.

It's an ENTPs dream to gather enough knowledge to become true arrogant but not because we believe, but because we know that we're better then everyone else.

EDIT: Damn it! Now I'm going to have to bring out the red ink.

I feel the need to correct the Arrogant Statement. Arrogance is thinking you're above everyone. ENTPs are not arrogant.

It's an ENTPs dream to gather enough knowledge to become true arrogant but not because we believe, but because we know that we're better then everyone else.

Hmm. You contradicted yourself here in these two statements. If this was an attempt at wit, you lost me. Please elaborate.

What you know, and what you think about yourself are still a matter of perception.

Last edited:
:/ Hmm, I may have worded that weird. UNTIL ENTPs have the knowledge and power they will believe everyone is equal. When the ENTPs gain the knowledge/power they will believe they're better then everyone.

It's a Paradox, because ENTPs will never believe they have enough knowledge.

:/ Hmm, I may have worded that weird. UNTIL ENTPs have the knowledge and power they will believe everyone is equal. When the ENTPs gain the knowledge/power they will believe they're better then everyone.

It's a Paradox, because ENTPs will never believe they have enough knowledge.

So, watered-down megalomania, essentially. You're not the only type with that stipulation, though. ESTP's have that tendency as well.

Yes/No.

Basically ENTPs will only become arrogant when they reach the set goal of knowledge. However, that set goal is always evolving and changing thus an ENTP will only be cocky because everytime their close to their goal is moves on. However, I have a theory that says when an ENTP reaches that goal or gets a head of it. We don't care we just continue to learn. We don't become arrogant we just block ourselves off from most of the world to continue learning and growing, because even though we're equal, the world does not deserve our knowledge.

However, this is just a stage in the ENTP evolution. De Vinci reached this stage and became one of the greatest ENTPs to ever live. Basically evolution of evolution.

After we get past that stage of blocking ourselves off from the world. We'll accomplish even greater things then we were accomplishing before... which were already great. We'd still hungry for knowledge because ENTPs want to know everything... which is quite contradicting because ENTPs would hate to know everything.

Make Sense?

Yes/No.

Basically ENTPs will only become arrogant when they reach the set goal of knowledge. However, that set goal is always evolving and changing thus an ENTP will only be cocky because everytime their close to their goal is moves on. However, I have a theory that says when an ENTP reaches that goal or gets a head of it. We don't care we just continue to learn. We don't become arrogant we just block ourselves off from most of the world to continue learning and growing, because even though we're equal, the world does not deserve our knowledge.

However, this is just a stage in the ENTP evolution. De Vinci reached this stage and became one of the greatest ENTPs to ever live. Basically evolution of evolution.

After we get past that stage of blocking ourselves off from the world. We'll accomplish even greater things then we were accomplishing before... which were already great. We'd still hungry for knowledge because ENTPs want to know everything... which is quite contradicting because ENTPs would hate to know everything.

Make Sense?

Yeah, but now you're describing an INTJ and an INTP as well, who have an equal thirst and appreciation for knowledge. ENTP's, furthermore, aren't so great on the follow-through... which is what I suspect is the contradiction you're talking about: hating to know everything. But why?