INFJs and ENTPs | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and ENTPs

o-O

Fickle, no. Confusing, maybe. Hard to read, probably, unless I tell you how I feel.

My problem is I go with how I feel at the time, my emotions are always true and if I express them it's done accurately, what is not certain is that I'll still feel those same emotions later or with the same intensity.

Oh come now, don't listen to them!

GODDAMMIT! Zero, don't be chasing off the INFJ men folk *huffy pout*

ROFL no worries lurker. They aren't chasing me off.

That the reason I had .lol at the end.

And its funny. I was just wondering where you were and pop here you are. I mist have awesome powers. :m064:

Last edited:
I would like to point out that yes NT's can and are arrogant. Not everyone is mind you but its there. And I would argue ever temperament has it just differing on the topic of arrogance.

I've found the less matured our balanced the more profound this is.

NT- Arrogant about knowledge and logic. They think they know everything and everything can be logical understood.
NF- Arrogant about understanding of feelings and understanding the big picture. We also think we know people better than we may really
SJ- Arrogant about tradition and how they think the world should be. And that they know whats best for you and everyone else. Regardless of the truth.
SP- I'm not sure I don't know many SPs well enough.

ROFL great and I thought NTs would be a good match. I guess not.

Well that means I'm going to be single for a while until I find a none crazy person.lol

:D
Riiight, sure you don't know SPs enough! I getcha.

:D
Riiight, sure you don't know SPs enough! I getcha.

Slant you and I think one other person. Are people I know who are sp.

Say what? I think that sentence needs to be rephrased. I don't get what you're sayin, you hear?

ENTPs = heartburn
'heart' because i love them
'burn' because they are the cause of my burnout

it's like the energizer bunny.
ENTP= energizer bunny toy :)
me= battery cell

battery will willingly deplete her reserves so the energizer bunny can do the awesome gig
battery will then burnout
energizer bunny will maybe then stop to see why battery burnt out and attempt to start up again with no avail
battery separates from energizer bunny to recharge
in the mean time:
energizer bunny finds another battery :(
OR
waits for battery to recharge :)

this can blossom to a wonderful relationship and it can also cause utmost displacement for both...

LURKER! The posse wasn't the same without you!

Topic: I'm still *over* ENTPs. Meh. I'm sure I'll go back to loving and being obsessed with them tomorrow though.

I wouldn't say I want someone to worship me,
but I do want someone who wants to be in a real relationship. I don't want someone who is going to be careless with the likes of my heart/soul/innerselfmatter.
I think that I would go great with an ENTP, personally.

INFJs are often at their worst when they're younger. As years past and experieces gained, an INFJ has a better pool of information to judge with and thus make better decisions. When a person that does not have an idea of the structure and/or symbolisms to make sense of what they're thinking, you can be sure they will be swept up by the tidal wave of their own intuition and deep feelings.

I am not surprised by your bad encounters with INFJs, I know personally how bad I've treated my friends and myself when I was younger. I personally know a few INFJs that have done the same.

The best lesson I think I've learned myself as an INFJ is that, it takes more courage to build than to destroy. Anyone can destroy but it is only the divine that creates.

:thumb:
ENTPs = heartburn
'heart' because i love them
'burn' because they are the cause of my burnout

it's like the energizer bunny.
ENTP= energizer bunny toy :)
me= battery cell

battery will willingly deplete her reserves so the energizer bunny can do the awesome gig
battery will then burnout
energizer bunny will maybe then stop to see why battery burnt out and attempt to start up again with no avail
battery separates from energizer bunny to recharge
in the mean time:
energizer bunny finds another battery :(
OR
waits for battery to recharge :)

this can blossom to a wonderful relationship and it can also cause utmost displacement for both...

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Let them know that you are recharging otherwise they will think they've lost the battery

:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Let them know that you are recharging otherwise they will think they've lost the battery

hehe that's clever :)

INFJs are often at their worst when they're younger. As years past and experieces gained, an INFJ has a better pool of information to judge with and thus make better decisions. When a person that does not have an idea of the structure and/or symbolisms to make sense of what they're thinking, you can be sure they will be swept up by the tidal wave of their own intuition and deep feelings.

I am not surprised by your bad encounters with INFJs, I know personally how bad I've treated my friends and myself when I was younger. I personally know a few INFJs that have done the same.

The best lesson I think I've learned myself as an INFJ is that, it takes more courage to build than to destroy. Anyone can destroy but it is only the divine that creates.

THAT was awesome.

Would ENTP & INFJ, and INFJ + T types, romance??

INFJs are so feely and deep. It seems like based on what I've read that ENTPs really don't understand the emotional side of people. If that is true, how could it possibly work out between an INFJ and a T type? I think for most INFJs, it is paramount that they have a relationship partner who has high emotional intelligence and can 'get' what they are feeling. What do you think? Is it impossible for an INFJ to successfully be romantic with a T type?

We do have a romantic side. Hell, we're extremely romantic. Much more so than you lot.
Also, we have an emotional side, we just don't understand or trust it. You guys are very logical.

I would like to point out that yes NT's can and are arrogant. Not everyone is mind you but its there. And I would argue ever temperament has it just differing on the topic of arrogance.

I've found the less matured our balanced the more profound this is.

NT- Arrogant about knowledge and logic. They think they know everything and everything can be logical understood.
NF- Arrogant about understanding of feelings and understanding the big picture. We also think we know people better than we may really
SJ- Arrogant about tradition and how they think the world should be. And that they know whats best for you and everyone else. Regardless of the truth.
SP- I'm not sure I don't know many SPs well enough.

ROFL great and I thought NTs would be a good match. I guess not.

Well that means I'm going to be single for a while until I find a none crazy person.lol

Ha! Well it sure seems that way, anyways.

INFJs are so feely and deep. It seems like based on what I've read that ENTPs really don't understand the emotional side of people. If that is true, how could it possibly work out between an INFJ and a T type? I think for most INFJs, it is paramount that they have a relationship partner who has high emotional intelligence and can 'get' what they are feeling. What do you think? Is it impossible for an INFJ to successfully be romantic with a T type?

ENTPs can be willing to understand the deeper side of INFJs if they want to -- an interested ENTP will go very persistent lengths to woo and understand their prospect. That's more than a lot of other types will do. The only problem is, sometimes they find it difficult to approach that understanding from an F point of view, so they can get frustrated sometimes when they can't rationalize the sometimes irrational INFJ.

When both people are mature and prepared to listen and compromise, it can actually work very well.

Judging from what I read about INFJ and ENTP relationships, it seems like it could work out. But then again, I've only read this and have never actually seen it happen before, so I don't know.

I've dated a fairly wide variety of types and the one I've gotten along with best is the INFJ I've lived with for the last 5 years. I've actually found myself more compatible with INFJs as both friends and lovers than many other NTs.

I think it may have something to do with the fact I'm very interested in psychology and what makes people tick in general. I would think ENTPs tend to share this trait more than other NTs - especially the introvert rationals. The ENTJs I know don't really seem to have that much deep interest in people beyond their superficial use to them - though I'm not saying ENTJs aren't capable of this.

Anyways, I've found that almost every INFJ I've ever met seems to always have this deep innate interest in other people that seems highly compatible for most ENTPs. Also, I think INFJs like the fact that ENTPs can be very open about their feelings (especially compared to other NTs) and tend to exhibit more of their F side, that INFJs appreciate. I've read (on another forum) that many INFJs enjoy and need this openness.

I could see how the abrasive, aggresive, communication style of many ENTPs could cause conflict however. I could also see my younger self, with a bit too much wanderlust and craziness to have it work out; when I was a lot more wild than I am now.

Last edited:
My ENTP friend stores random facts about people and has a profile in his brain for pretty much every person he's ever met. It doesn't matter if it's useful knowledge or not. He's often accused of being a stalker. xD

Interesting this is what I've always though of INFJs.

I've dated a fairly wide variety of types and the one I've gotten along with best is the INFJ I've lived with for the last 5 years. I've actually found myself more compatible with INFJs as both friends and lovers than many other NTs.

I think it may have something to do with the fact I'm very interested in psychology and what makes people tick in general. I would think ENTPs tend to share this trait more than other NTs - especially the introvert rationals. The ENTJs I know don't really seem to have that much deep interest in people beyond their superficial use to them - though I'm not saying ENTJs aren't capable of this.

Anyways, I've found that almost every INFJ I've ever met seems to always have this deep innate interest in other people that seems highly compatible for most ENTPs. Also, I think INFJs like the fact that ENTPs can be very open about their feelings (especially compared to other NTs) and tend to exhibit more of their F side, that INFJs appreciate. I've read (on another forum) that many INFJs enjoy and need this openness.

I could see how the abrasive, aggresive, communication style of many ENTPs could cause conflict however. I could also see my younger self, with a bit too much wanderlust and craziness to have it work out; when I was a lot more wild than I am now.

This is why I think many INFJs including myself would be hesitant to get with an ENTP. I don't know many ENTP women so its really hard to say how I would feel about them. I do like NT women but I don't know how well it would work. But ENTP men mostly piss me off and drive me away form being a friend in almost any capacity.

This is why I think many INFJs including myself would be hesitant to get with an ENTP. I don't know many ENTP women so its really hard to say how I would feel about them. I do like NT women but I don't know how well it would work. But ENTP men mostly piss me off and drive me away form being a friend in almost any capacity.

I have a feeling female ENTPs tend to be far less abrasive. I only know two women but they are universally well liked (one from school and one from work). I think they're socialized to be a bit less aggressive because of their gender and societal expectations to be more feminine.

Of the male ENTPs I know, two can get on people's nerves occasionally, while the other 3 are pretty consistently charming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit