INFJs and ENTPs | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and ENTPs

Nope, I matured in my mid twenties. I also get along with most ENTPs that I meet, and three of my best friends are ENTP.
Do you think the non ENTP's would get how funny your post was?
Classic! That was off the chain. TFF!
I would stop short of gushing, but really, toink! out of the park!

aaahhhh!!! i wish I can type people :m167:

everything here mentioned about ENTP seems to apply to my bestfriend...but I can't be sure

aaahhh!

and that is how we get each other and can become friends. little tests. i friggin test people all the time. drives em nuts.

I should join an ENTP forum...

how do ENTP's feel about food? [it's a serious question btw]
or culinary arts for that matter?!

ENTP.org is rather quiet these days, they've got a troll by the name of Northern Bushape who is not discouraged and tends to keep ENTPs off the forum.

Depends. I've done a Cert III in Culinary Arts, and I love to cook for other people. It's an expression of love and of practical imagination.

When I cook for myself I have a sausage with roast potato and an uncooked squash or carrot, or I have sausage inna bun.

yup, okay, this is slowly starting to confirm that he's ENTP

if so, then you guys are AMAZING:m054:

...once committed ofcourse :p

My situation is similar. I am too old to have romances with the females that enjoy being around me. Not that I'm against dating someone much younger, ENTP's can go way outside the lines, but you INFJ's won't go that far off the beaten path.
I have a great 23 year old friend (younger than my older daughter) who clicks with me, she's even tried to seduce me. But casual sex isn't my bag at this point.
Your ENTP guy that you dated reminds me of when I was younger. ENTP's are problematic before they mature. And while others are likely to do so in their 30's, ENTP's usually mature in their 40's.
We finally are able to settle down and focus then. A little. Enough to be able to play well with others.
I cannot get along with other ENTP's. I'm confident that is nearly a universal truth for ENTP's.

As for my guy-friend ENTP, he is 53 and I am 29. Most of his friends are my age or younger. He is like a big kid. No regular job, living with a roommate, going out all the time, etc. We get along great 90% of the time. I am not so against the age difference as much as the lifestyle differences. I think we get along great as friends, but I'd have to change some things about him (not going there:) before we'd be compatible. He would need to not be so casual about sex, not let anyone and everyone invade our space (that's a real annoyance for me), and not feel the need to one-up me all the time. The competitive thing can be fun to a [very]small degree for me in a relationship, but only if it's presented in a non-threatening way.

Although my friend is well past "normal" maturing age, he shows no signs of growing up anytime soon, but that's probably why I enjoy being friends with him so much ... no pressure, lots of laughs, laid-back attitude, and full acceptance of others' differences. It's hard to find people that make you feel you can be yourself, and I feel that's what a lot of ENTPs offer, at least in my experience. I think that's probably why they're so popular and liked. The ENTP guy I dated had 600+ Facebook friends and always had somewhere to go and people to see.

Commitments are easy, so long as the girl we're deciding to be with fulfils EVERYTHING we want in a girl.

I will not commit to a girl who has things about her I do not think I could love and live with my entire life. I think in terms of lifelong commitments, so if a girl passes muster, I'd be with her forever.

At the moment the only two girls I can think of who pass muster are both from the U.S.A. However one is in a relationship, and the other is in High School.

Commitments are easy, so long as the girl we're deciding to be with fulfils EVERYTHING we want in a girl.

I will not commit to a girl who has things about her I do not think I could love and live with my entire life. I think in terms of lifelong commitments, so if a girl passes muster, I'd be with her forever.

Yup, that's how he is...if the girl doesn't have what'll keep him there, he won't stay there, and the relationship won't go any longer than 2-3 months.

I beleive it's the same for friendships? although what you guys look for is different...

independence, pool playing, wit, self educating, not arrogant internal self, is active enough to come around my place, fun and humour.

independence, pool playing, wit, self educating, not arrogant internal self, is active enough to come around my place, fun and humour.

BINGO!
ha, I thought so...now i am 99% sure he's ENTP

thanks for the insight Shai Gar..and you get major Awsome-ness points for being Australian :becky:

I think this is going to be pretty hard to find in another person... I mean, to be perfect in all ways...

What I've learned is that relationships take work if they are to last in the long-term. You have to communicate and take the good with the bad and accept your partner's faults. Even if someone seems perfect at the outset, there are going to be things you will discover down the road that will inevitably cause you to second-guess your relationship. That is where the work comes in and the dedication to the other. This is the part some ENTPs would yawn at... I mean, why work at it when it is so easy to pick up another relationship and have that adrenaline rush all over again and another lively adventure? :)

I think ENTPs tend to get bored more than most and want constant stimulation and entertainment. This can cause problems when their partner just wants a committed partner.

Cooking is just another venue for us to be creative. After my separation I moved into a flat underneath a French restaurant. Within a week I was working there evenings and weekends. One of the best things I ever did. I do an awesome chocolate souffle.

and you get major Awsome-ness points for being Australian :becky:

Yeah, I know...

I think this is going to be pretty hard to find in another person... I mean, to be perfect in all ways...
I've found it in four girls so far. Perfection is subjective. Perfect-for-Me is a better term, which equates to perfect, since I'm nearly everything that matters.

I think ENTPs tend to get bored more than most and want constant stimulation and entertainment. This can cause problems when their partner just wants a committed partner.
If someone just wants a committed relationship without constant intellectual and physical stimulation and entertainment, they'll never attract an ENTP to begin with.

I call those people "sheep", or, SJs.

Cooking is just another venue for us to be creative. After my separation I moved into a flat underneath a French restaurant. Within a week I was working there evenings and weekends. One of the best things I ever did. I do an awesome chocolate souffle.

When I was doing the cooking course, I created an original, a chilled cherry soup with a dark chocolate ribbon and chocolate choc chip bread for dipping.

If you were in Montana you would add: backcountry skiing, ice climbing, downhill/freeride mountain biking, sports cars.

Yeah, I know...
...no points for cocky-ness tho.
pfft! ...typical

I do an awesome chocolate souffle.

When I was doing the cooking course, I created an original, a chilled cherry soup with a dark chocolate ribbon and chocolate choc chip bread for dipping.

yup! my bestfriend has his own bbq sauce that he came up with and a recipe for hamburgers that he wont teach to me lol