INFJs and ENTPs | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and ENTPs

not sports cars, or mountain bike riding. probably backcountry hiking/skiing, snowboarding and declaring war on god with my armies of snow angels.

If you were in Montana you would add: backcountry skiing, ice climbing, downhill/freeride mountain biking, sports cars.

...and debating the two sides of a mobius strip.

As for my guy-friend ENTP, he is 53 and I am 29. Most of his friends are my age or younger. He is like a big kid. No regular job, living with a roommate, going out all the time, etc. We get along great 90% of the time. I am not so against the age difference as much as the lifestyle differences. I think we get along great as friends, but I'd have to change some things about him (not going there:) before we'd be compatible. He would need to not be so casual about sex, not let anyone and everyone invade our space (that's a real annoyance for me), and not feel the need to one-up me all the time. The competitive thing can be fun to a [very]small degree for me in a relationship, but only if it's presented in a non-threatening way.

Although my friend is well past "normal" maturing age, he shows no signs of growing up anytime soon, but that's probably why I enjoy being friends with him so much ... no pressure, lots of laughs, laid-back attitude, and full acceptance of others' differences. It's hard to find people that make you feel you can be yourself, and I feel that's what a lot of ENTPs offer, at least in my experience. I think that's probably why they're so popular and liked. The ENTP guy I dated had 600+ Facebook friends and always had somewhere to go and people to see.
So I'm 50, and my friends are 20's. Maddie is 23, and we hang all the time. It drives all the young guys crazy.
I school them on the latest music and pop trends.
I need to one-up everyone.
Divorce matured me a lot. I won't divulge much more than that, even though I'd like to. I don't do casual sex now. Which is frutrating, but we ENTP's can learn stuff, but it is usually the hard way in those kinds of matters. And I have a great job, as a function of needing to provide for a family. I work on a team in an advisory capacity, I basically solve complex problems for a living. Very rewarding to an ENTP. My problem is with money, I trade stocks for fun, I made $900 on a stock trade today. But I'm down $4,500 for the year. If most people knew that I did this stuff they would think I'm out of my mind.

I love one-upping people as well.

But I know how to keep it to myself, because people can get agitated and they're harder to manipulate when they don't like you or avoid you for it.

...and debating the two sides of a mobius strip.
We debate both sides all the time. You may never know which side we're on. I really have to be careful at work. I'll advocate for the wrong side just to flesh out an issue, and I'll convince them of the wrong conclusion! I've had to learn to not do that so freely. Fortunately the people on my team now know me and can channel me in the right direction, before we go to the Board with proposals.

Oh God, I could never be in a relationship with an ENTP. Yet, I'm pretty sure 85% of guys who approach me are NTP types. I try to act like a sarcastic haughty bitch (ok,I'm not really acting), but it just makes it worse. They are impervious to my ridicule. In fact, I think they like it. Weirdos.

I will spank you.

You will bite me.

We will fuck with a passion you've never felt before and will fall utterly in love with me.

I love one-upping people as well.

But I know how to keep it to myself, because people can get agitated and they're harder to manipulate when they don't like you or avoid you for it.

I've never developed my manipulation skills too much. I'm too busy trying to be the life of the party to slow down for that. But it does come pretty natural with people I don't like and/or respect. I usually avoid those people because of the ethical consequences of taking advantage of someone.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Oh God, I could never be in a relationship with an ENTP. Yet, I'm pretty sure 85% of guys who approach me are NTP types. I try to act like a sarcastic haughty bitch (ok,I'm not really acting), but it just makes it worse. They are impervious to my ridicule. In fact, I think they like it. Weirdos.

Thats funny as hell. And I can really see that.

Its probably because you push away Feeler guys.

Your head is going to explode any minute now. You are so gone.

We debate both sides all the time. You may never know which side we're on. I really have to be careful at work. I'll advocate for the wrong side just to flesh out an issue, and I'll convince them of the wrong conclusion! I've had to learn to not do that so freely. Fortunately the people on my team now know me and can channel me in the right direction, before we go to the Board with proposals.

lol! i know exactly what you're talking about
and it's why i like debating with ENTPs it's intellectually entertaining and there isn't a subject that hasn't been covered from all it's angles...it pleases my INFJ tendencies of predicting all the possible scenarios of a situation.

lol! i know exactly what you're talking about
and it's why i like debating with ENTPs it's intellectually entertaining and there isn't a subject that hasn't been covered from all it's angles...it pleases my INFJ tendencies of predicting all the possible scenarios of a situation.
That's where the INFJ/ENTP match is made I think. And then we bring you outside of your comfort zone, you help us get in touch with our emotions.

That's where the INFJ/ENTP match is made I think. And then we bring you outside of your comfort zone, you help us get in touch with our emotions.

Conversations with ENTP are the most agreeable to me, they tell me facts, I tell them values...the convo starts to balance out a bit...then boom! we switch roles! and it keeps going like that with much versatile and controversial subjects.

Conversations with ENTP are the most agreeable to me, they tell me facts, I tell them values...the convo starts to balance out a bit...then boom! we switch roles! and it keeps going like that with much versatile and controversial subjects.
Ya that's what I meant. Values. that's it.

"How do we usually test stuff?"
"Generally we ask for student volunteers," said the Dean.
"What happens if we don't get any?"
"We give it to them anyway."
"Isn't that a bit unethical?"
"Not if we don't tell them, Archchancellor."

Entps are great in bed but suck with commitment. It's not that they'll cheat on you, it's that usually any relationship isn't longterm. Espeically the younger ones. They just hop from person to person and play the houdini on chicks.