Do ANY women prefer short men? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do ANY women prefer short men?

It's not what you have, it's what you do with it - all the height in the world can't make up for fumbling around in the sack like a sleep-deprived drunken walrus. Work watcha got, shake your goods like its no one's business, and I won't care if antennae suddenly pop out of your skull. ;)

Short, tall, whatever, just show me with body language you're comfortable, confident and familiar with all your curves and angles.

Reactions: bionic
I think height alone is not the only consideration. I say it's the person's build along with height which often determines whether someone who is shorter is prefered. Someone may not necessarily prefer a shorter man, but because of his build, they may lean more towards that person compared to someone who is taller with a less appealing build.

Reactions: acd
To answer the question as posed, yes, there are some women who prefer a shorter man.

I personally prefer someone who is taller than I am. I find though that it is purely selfish, derived by how we feel as women, not the actual man's height. That being said am am close to 5' 10". One of the greatest loves of my life was in the 5' 8" range. I often wore high heels when I went out with him. He was so beautiful height didn't even phase me.

Reactions: bickelz
It suddenly occured to me that I just compared short men and asian men to those with gene mutations and physical disabilities.

WOLOLO I feel bad but yeah now there's food for thought.

rofl, you're like this forum's Sarah Silverman.

/off-topic

Reactions: barbad0s
I'm 5'10 and my gf is also 5'10 although just a little bit taller then I am. She had a height requirement too until she met me. Its not usually one of those things that always set in stone.

I've a few friends who are short and they don't seem to have a problem in regards to dating, though they seem to make up for it with energy, there seems to be a bit of a pattern that the shorter the guy is the more energetic or short tempered he is. My ex's have mentioned that they prefer taller guys and I think that there is something to it since taller guys seem more formidable in appearance, one common factor with a good portion of women is that they tend to seek the feeling of security and having a guy who's a 6ft body builder would probably give them that.

I think as with anything it's more that height is seen as an admirable trait therefore guys that aren't tall probably make up for it in another way for example taking far better care of themselves physically or paying closer attention to fashion trends for example and tall guys make up for their least admirable traits in a similar way. I think it would more have to do with what the women prioritises for example some women prioritise social dominance over individual height with the reasoning that a leader of a social group would provide more than an individual who is taller and thus appears more formidable.

As for me, my ex's have been shorter than me, not that I've actively been searching for shorter women it's more been a case that because of my 6ft 2" build the majority of women tend to be shorter than me, personally I don't really have a preference, I more go for people who are physically healthy and who I can really get along with personality wise than their height. For me....as tacky as it sounds, personality counts for a hell of a lot, give me a person with a witty sense of humour, who's caring even to people with whom they aren't looking to get anything out of and who looks after themselves any day : )

Reactions: Edith and Norton
Maybe it's psychological. Like taller men remind women of their father. The image of their father from them looking up as a small child would make him look way up in the sky.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I think it's like how some men want a frail tiny woman to protect. Some women seek to feel protected. It's not logic based at all. I am 5'4 and find many men 6'3 or taller undeniably attractive. That being said, I've never dated one. :)

In college I had a gigantic crush on a guy who was 5'2. His personality made him larger than life to me.

Last edited:
i have zero attraction to really tall males. and by really tall i mean like 6'4.

i also don't find them attractive because they're always gay in some way or other.

@saru

Tall guys are gay? I always think most gay guys are short but I'm like 6'2" I guess. Is [MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] tall?

Reactions: jyrffw54
Tall guys are gay? I always think most gay guys are short but I'm like 6'2" I guess. Is [MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION] tall?

I'm guessing she means that they try to tone down their perceived dominance by overplaying their gentleness, such as having a very soft voice or overly cautious manners.

Reactions: Rasmus
For me it has always been not a preference due to attraction but just convenience. I have dated a guy that was a head shorter than me, and I have dated a guy who was a head taller. In both instances it was just difficult to deal with the little things. With the taller guy I would get neck cramps if kissing him standing up, or always having to look up to meet his eyes while talking. For the shorter guy, same thing, neck cramps, and not to mention dancing is awkward when it's his head on your shoulder and not the other way around.

Me, I prefer men exactly my height if possible. The guy I'm engaged to is about two inches taller than me so it works pretty well!

Reactions: Stu
I've always preferred short men. Looking back, pretty much all the men I've been attracted to have been short, or at least quite short. I'm thinking that their eyes being at my eye level (I'm petite/short) is a turn-on for me. Other things are at the same level too, you know. I'm not ruling out ever being attracted to a tall guy, but short seems to be the word for me, in terms of men.

I'm guessing she means that they try to tone down their perceived dominance by overplaying their gentleness, such as having a very soft voice or overly cautious manners.

No. Twas a joke and is related to saru but IDK if he wants his height business all out in the open??!
But the part about having zero attraction to tall people is true.

rofl, you're like this forum's Sarah Silverman.

/off-topic
[video=youtube;eSfoF6MhgLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSfoF6MhgLA&feature=related#t=02m00s[/video]slllutttt

i'm 6'4.5", vertically.

Reactions: grt$5vb
No. Not normally would I give a second glance to a man shorter than me. Though I never say never. :shrugs:

I think height alone is not the only consideration. I say it's the person's build along with height which often determines whether someone who is shorter is prefered. Someone may not necessarily prefer a shorter man, but because of his build, they may lean more towards that person compared to someone who is taller with a less appealing build.

This.

I fell in love with a guy who was about 5' 4" who had the most beautifully proportioned body. Most people said he had an "ugly" face, but I thought he was beautiful.
Not only did he have an amazing personality, but he was well-muscled... broad-shouldered... tapered waist... lovely six-pack... *sighs*

Another short man I dated was very sweet and er... skilled. :D

It's whatever causes you to take a second look, I suppose. Most guys that I give the double take to are either tall, dark, have long hair, etc.
Those are just my personal preferences. But I've still had fulfilling relationships with guys who had none of those things.
I've never allowed my visual preferences or the opinions of others determine whom I would date.

These more superficial things are just what draws the eye; the things you notice in passing.
You cannot know what a person is like if you've never met before, and can only judge them by sight.
Once you are able to know them, these preferences matter less, and they become the individuals you love.

Reactions: Gaze
I can't say I prefer shorter men. I am 5'7" so they are out there. However, I have always dated men taller than me. Preference for taller men? I don't know.

TBH, I would have a hard time dating someone significantly shorter than me. As it is, I feel tall for a woman, so I wouldn't want to feel like some giant around the guy I was dating. My mom and sister are both about 5'3" and both my younger sisters are about 5'10"--so I guess I ended up in the middle of their height---but I always felt too tall. I think the reason I feel so tall is because I was the tallest of the females in my age group--cousins and such--they were all like 4'12" to 5'3" and I was 5'7"

Last edited: