Do ANY women prefer short men? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do ANY women prefer short men?

Many women didn't answer the question directly and/or added disclaimers to their answers. Part of me wonders if this is a way for them to not feel shallow about the way biology has made them

Last edited:
I don't really have a preference when it comes to height. I'm 5'8 and 3/4 boyfriends that I have had have been 2-4 inches shorter than me. I barely noticed the height difference all that much.

You'll never get a straight "yes" or "no" answer from this crowd, [MENTION=731]Hoggle[/MENTION]...you know that! :D

Besides, it's not as if you'd never date a short man; it's if you're willing to give the man a second and third look. Sure, lots of tall guys will do it for me, but it doesn't mean I'll go out with them. He has to have a personality I like, after all. I may give a guy a first glance, but unless he gets a second and third glance from me, I won't be dating him. Quick answer, my attraction is to taller guys. Long answer: I may be attracted to him, but it doesn't mean I'm dating him. It takes a lot more than the outward appearance for me.

I usually prefer guys to be around the same range in height as myself, so anything between 5'9" - 6'1" is preferred/ideal. Anything outside of that range feels awkward.

Of course, I'm not a woman and I don't claim to speak for any woman.
I am however subtly implying how being gay is totally awesome and amazing! (y)

NEUTRAL GENDER ROLES, FUCK YEAH.

Reactions: grt$5vb
You'll never get a straight "yes" or "no" answer from this crowd, @Hoggle ...you know that! :D

Besides, it's not as if you'd never date a short man; it's if you're willing to give the man a second and third look. Sure, lots of tall guys will do it for me, but it doesn't mean I'll go out with them. He has to have a personality I like, after all. I may give a guy a first glance, but unless he gets a second and third glance from me, I won't be dating him. Quick answer, my attraction is to taller guys. Long answer: I may be attracted to him, but it doesn't mean I'm dating him. It takes a lot more than the outward appearance for me.

You are just reinforcing my statement, all the bolded is just you skirting around the question. In summary your preference is not for short men. Thats fine. I just think you all are feeling guilty about discriminating about something that you perceive as shallow. (Not sure if there is a pun in there some place haha).

For the record I dont think it is shallow or a negative trait to prefer taller men. You like who you like.

Lol! I told you it wouldn't be a direct answer. :D But who knows? The man I marry might be my height or not. I'm 5'5". Preference doesn't mean "no" though. It just means "not first choice."

I will confess I tend to be attracted more to taller guys. I'm 5'6 myself. But I wouldn't disregard someone just because of their height. I've been involved with guys who are my height if not a little taller. But if it just comes down to preference, I do prefer taller.

I like tall men.

I've always sort of had a thing for tall n skinny/lean. But by tall, I mostly mean just taller than me, which isn't hard to accomplish as I am 5'4".

Preference is definitely taller as opposed to shorter though. Unless the guy is like a freakish 7 footer or something. That might be a bit much.

Many women didn't answer the question directly and/or added disclaimers to their answers. Part of me wonders if this is a way for them to not feel shallow about the way biology has made them

Short men are disgusting.

Reactions: Rasmus
Short men are disgusting.

No they are not.

I am one of those seemingly extremely rare women who find shorter guys more attractive than taller ones (shock and horror, always have and probably always will). I find any guy over 6 feet 2inches extremely unattractive and cumbersome looking especially if they are quite big horizontally as well.

I find women who are talking about wanting some tall man to protect them and make them feel dainty, feminine or whatever somewhat troubling. I do not really need any man to make me feel feminine and I hate feelings of vulnerability. I would much prefer a guy that is strong mentally, morally and intellectually myself; in modern society physical strength is really not as important as the other kinds of strengths I feel.

I probably will not end up with a short man because I am tall myself and because short men get so much negative feedback from society they can be quite insecure and it seems from my experience, that nowhere does that insecurity rare its ugly head more than when they are in a relationship with a tall woman. If I met a shorter guy who was not all hung up on height generally or what height ratio society says men and women should have in a relationship and he was what I was looking for otherwise, then I sure as hell would not turn him down.

Reactions: the
Height has never bothered me. Looking back on it now, I've actually dated more men who were shorter than me. I'm 5'7" Taller for me was by a few cm. I was always taller than all of them when I had my heels on (and I dont wear very high heels either) The two dates I had this year, one was exactly my height, the other was a few inches shorter than me. The guy I'm dating now is taller than me though, and so was my ex husband.

No they are not.

I am one of those seemingly extremely rare women who find shorter guys more attractive than taller ones (shock and horror, always have and probably always will). I find any guy over 6 feet 2inches extremely unattractive and cumbersome looking especially if they are quite big horizontally as well.

I find women who are talking about wanting some tall man to protect them and make them feel dainty, feminine or whatever somewhat troubling. I do not really need any man to make me feel feminine and I hate feelings of vulnerability. I would much prefer a guy that is strong mentally, morally and intellectually myself; in modern society physical strength is really not as important as the other kinds of strengths I feel.

I probably will not end up with a short man because I am tall myself and because short men get so much negative feedback from society they can be quite insecure and it seems from my experience, that nowhere does that insecurity rare its ugly head more than when they are in a relationship with a tall woman. If I met a shorter guy who was not all hung up on height generally or what height ratio society says men and women should have in a relationship and he was what I was looking for otherwise, then I sure as hell would not turn him down.
That is your prerogative. .
I prefer someone my height or a smidge taller.

Reactions: the
Why not? To be honest, even though I have a guy "ideal" in my head, every time I seem to fall for a guy, I didn't start off finding him attractive. As I got to know and love his personality, I found him more attractive physically, until I thought he was gorgeous. Happens every time xD

The trend seems to be: girls on the tall side don't mind dating guys a little shorter than them, but prefer men who are taller. Could this be attributed to the fact that men taller than you would be more difficult to find? Are you merely settling for short men on what could be a short-term basis?

It's been mentioned that societal expectations and pressure can come into play. Does this affect your preferences?

Also, let's consider men significantly shorter than you, say 6 inches or more. What is your stand then?

Last edited:
I'm 5'1". Women have not been particularly preferential towards me.

And I "prefer" short women.

I'm 5'1". Women have not been particularly preferential towards me.

And I "prefer" short women.

Doesnt it burn you up when you see a 6' tall guy dating a 4'11" gal?

Our preferences originate not only from biological factors, but also, significantly, from societal influence, which makes it even more shallow.
This isn't just for women. Men are the same way.

This is really ironic. My friend's friend asked me this very question a couple of days ago. "Which would you choose, the shorter or taller, with the exact same qualities?" I basically said that it didn't matter as long as the guy was the same height as I was. Then I paused, and said "it's actually a bell curve. You can be too tall."

Rethinking my answer, I wouldn't mind the person being one inch less than me, if they had all the qualities I desired. It is in this case, I would prefer it... No competition lol. ^_^"

Which reminds me, there was this really good looking guy/smart engineering guy at my old job that all the girls were basically fighting over lol. I remember one time I unintentionally interrupted my coworker's flirting time with him and she gave me the biggest look of poison, haha XD. And he was shorter than me! :3 So, height doesn't matter when you have very good qualities.