Do ANY women prefer short men? | INFJ Forum

Do ANY women prefer short men?

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I have noticed through observing what women say they like in men one of the defining factors is always height. I find this a fascinating phenomenon not because it seems like such an arbitrary thing to be attracted to. (Although it does.) But rather because the consensus seems to be unanimous. I haven't seen any other thing like this in the dating world, some guys like fat chicks, some girls like really skinny guys, but it seems almost no one likes a short man. I have seen my friend stefan defy this "requirement" with many many women which I also find fascinating and it also leads me to believe that this height thing is heavily idealized but when push comes to shove not actually something women are concerned with. So what's the scoop? are there any women that prefer shorter men?

Reactions: willow
Yes, I personally don't really care what a guy's height is. I'm 5'8" and I once dated a guy who was 5'4". I also had a coworker who doesn't mind dating men shorter than her, which is good because she is at least 6'0" herself, lol.

Depends on how big their weenie is.

Any men prefer BBW?? Or small breasts? Wait a second... I guess some really do...

Reactions: aerosol
I'm 5"8 and I've got a pretty solid build. Almost all the guys I've dated were either my height or an inch or two shorter, so clearly for me, it isn't some sort of prerequisite or deal-breaker or something. But I have to admit, I sometimes have these wild fantasies about not being the Nicole Kidman to somebody else's Tom Cruise. For once, I'd like to know what its like to be the shorty in the relationship and not feel like I could fare better in a physical fight than my boyfriend. Be the actual small spoon, you know? And not be constrained in my wardrobe choices (hey, I actually like wearing heels and short skirts) without feeling like some kind of gawky giant (or having my boyfriend complain about me making him feel like a dwarf when I'm barely wearing 1/2 inch wedges)

It isn't a big deal, but height is a nice physical asset to have in a boyfriend. I just like the idea of having someone taller than me wrap them big 'ol arms 'round my waist about the same way most guys would prefer to date a chick with just the right amount of curves for them.

Reactions: bamf and acd
I'm sure that there are lots of women who like men of all heights, but you're right, it's going to be extremely rare to find a woman who strongly prefers men who are shorter. LOL I think a lot of the women in that category might have specific midget fetishes too. Not being a hater though. I've always suspected that I might have a thing for paraplegic guys.

Like other women I've been attracted to and dated a couple boys who were shorter than me (I'm 5'7.5", but since I'm generally attracted to asian guys that's tough shit for me). Height isn't a prerequisite, but I can say taller is something I prefer to have.

Keep in mind the key word in the OP is "prefer" not tolerate or accept.

I strongly prefer guys that are taller than myself. I'm only 5ft3 so it's not hard. It's not a complete deal-breaker for a guy to be shorter than me, but it's definitely not what I prefer.

I'm sure that there are lots of women who like men of all heights, but you're right, it's going to be extremely rare to find a woman who strongly prefers men who are shorter. LOL I think a lot of the women in that category might have specific midget fetishes too. Not being a hater though. I've always suspected that I might have a thing for paraplegic guys.

It suddenly occured to me that I just compared short men and asian men to those with gene mutations and physical disabilities.

WOLOLO I feel bad but yeah now there's food for thought.

Reactions: Sensiko
A girl I met on from my university's basketball team dates dudes shorter than her, but then again she was almost 7ft.

i have zero attraction to really tall males. and by really tall i mean like 6'4.

i also don't find them attractive because they're always gay in some way or other.

[MENTION=3156]saru[/MENTION]

Reactions: acd
Short is relevant to the woman's height. I think the question ought to be do any women prefer men who are shorter than them?

It probably goes the other way too. How many men prefer a woman who towers over them? Realistically, I don't think either gender prefers a significant discrepancy in height, but it'd be reasonable to say men on average will be more likely to prefer a really petite woman because it involves an element of nurturing and protecting, which also gives you a hint as to why most women prefer men who are taller than them. There's also the awkwardness factor to consider.

I don't think this preference is any more arbitrary than other preferences concerning physical appearance.

Reactions: Gaze
Short is relevant to the woman's height. I think the question ought to be do any women prefer men who are shorter than them?

It probably goes the other way too. How many men prefer a woman who towers over them? Realistically, I don't think either gender prefers a significant discrepancy in height, but it'd be reasonable to say men on average will be more likely to prefer a really petite woman because it involves an element of nurturing and protecting, which also gives you a hint as to why most women prefer men who are taller than them. There's also the awkwardness factor to consider.

I don't think this preference is any more arbitrary than other preferences concerning physical appearance.

Actually, one of the most interesting things I've noticed is that short women tend to be more hung up on this point on average than tall women are. The taller the women is the less she seems to care about height.

Actually I never at all noticed a woman's height whatsoever until I started hearing women bring this "I want a tall guy" thing up all the time.
I also don't understand the nurture and protect point, height offers no significant advantage in regards to protection. If it was simply a matter of protect and nurture many more women would be attracted to the body builder types and while there are some it's nothing compared to how many are attracted to height.

Actually, one of the most interesting things I've noticed is that short women tend to be more hung up on this point on average than tall women are. The taller the women is the less she seems to care about height.

Lol it's interesting? I think it's pretty obvious. Taller women are forced to compromise all the time so eventually it becomes ingrained in.

Reactions: Gaze
Lol it's interesting? I think it's pretty obvious. Taller women are forced to compromise all the time so eventually it becomes ingrained in.

I agree with this completely.

As I'm 5' 3", it's not a situation that has ever come up,
as there aren't any guys I've met who are shorter than me.

While I have dated guys around my own height, I do prefer the taller ones.
Why? Maybe it's so they can reach the stuff in the high cupboards for me, lololol.
(When your house has 9-10' ceilings, having a 6' 4" husband is quite useful! :D)

I also like being seen as tiny and feminine, having a tall man looming over me
and getting scooped up in big gangly arms. It does give the sensation of feeling protected.

Reactions: Sriracha and Gaze
As I'm 5' 3", it's not a situation that has ever come up,
as there aren't any guys I've met who are shorter than me.

While I have dated guys around my own height, I do prefer the taller ones.
Why? Maybe it's so they can reach the stuff in the high cupboards for me, lololol.
(When your house has 9-10' ceilings, having a 6' 4" husband is quite useful! :D)

I also like being seen as tiny and feminine, having a tall man looming over me
and getting scooped up in big gangly arms. It does give the sensation of feeling protected.

This applies exactly for me too ;P (Including the height!)

Reactions: dream echo
Prefer short men. No but some have personalities that make up for their height.
Tall men (6 foot-ish) make me feel safe, assuming they are in fact safe.
Freakishly tall men make me much more uncomfortable than short men.