Men and women are different. And that's okay | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Men and women are different. And that's okay

Mmm. True. But some men need to realise women aren't the be all and end all of life.

Build a life around yourself and that makes you more attractive.

Also as I said before - self respect and value. Don't be someone else's pawn. Be your own person. These guys think female attention is everything but it isn't. In 20 years, who will care. What matters is what lasts, and being a pawn of someone else isn't going to advance your life.
Exactly.

It's strange. I've only been up for a couple of hours (it's early morning here), but it feels like one minute to midnight in the most profound sense, and this conversation is part of that.

Funnily enough I've been pulled towards the Catholic Church for a long time. I was talking to @Pin about that yesterday.

I'm agnostic, but it seems that everyone who becomes important to me is Catholic or has a Catholic background. It feels like some circle of completion that will occur sometime in the future.

Not to pull you away from @Pin but there are other dinominations and faiths.

That being said, also be careful of the religious who are that in name only. Had an ex who was a convert but her morality didn't exactly line up with her supposed faith, despite her protests to the contrary.

Anyone who prays too hard probably doesn't mean it. The casual religious often more agreeable.

Other countries too. Not to go Russian Bride but there are a lot of European Nations with a stronger family ethic who love the Hansome Suave British. Just sayin'.

Apologies for anyone who comes to this thread later.

It has somewhat devolved into a Male version of 'Women's Hour' on BBC Radio 4...
BE ASHAMED OF YOUR DICK

giphy.gif

Funnily enough I've been pulled towards the Catholic Church for a long time. I was talking to @Pin about that yesterday.

I'm agnostic, but it seems that everyone who becomes important to me is Catholic or has a Catholic background. It feels like some circle of completion that will occur sometime in the future.
I went to Catholic high school and it turned me into an atheist. Once you get up close to it you might dive in or you might run screaming.

I went to Catholic high school and it turned me into an atheist. Once you get up close to it you might dive in or you might run screaming.
Lol, I'm comfortable with my agnosticism on the fundamental questions. I started out atheist and now I'm here.

I think the thing that would tip me is a spouse. I have some inherent sense that deferring to a ('my') woman on spiritual matters is natural; it's some kind of appreciation for or reconciliation with my anima. This is something that @John K pointed out to me.

This is perhaps an unpopular idea in the age of extreme individualism, and especially when I have very solid spiritual ideas and sense myself, but I could see that happening.

Atheist? And so where does Tarot fit for you? You mentioned that you don't struggle with cognitive dissonance much in your last blog post, but does it take up a 'place' within your psyche? Does it 'fit' within a general worldview, or is it simply it's own thing?

P.S. And of course you were catholic, lmao.

Reactions: ReasonEnduring
Lol, I'm comfortable with my agnosticism on the fundamental questions. I started out atheist and now I'm here.

I think the thing that would tip me is a spouse. I have some inherent sense that deferring to a ('my') woman on spiritual matters is natural; it's some kind of appreciation for or reconciliation with my anima. This is something that @John K pointed out to me.

This is perhaps an unpopular idea in the age of extreme individualism, and especially when I have very solid spiritual ideas and sense myself, but I could see that happening.

Atheist? And so where does Tarot fit for you? You mentioned that you don't struggle with cognitive dissonance much in your last blog post, but does it take up a 'place' within your psyche? Does it 'fit' within a general worldview, or is it simply it's own thing?

P.S. And of course you were catholic, lmao.
I don't know enough about animas to comment on that.

I wasn't raised Catholic. I went to a Catholic high school because I wanted a better education and access to a wider variety of academics to take me into post secondary. No one in my family is Catholic either. We did go to a Methodist church when I was a kid and we also went to a United Church where I was confirmed, but we weren't particularly religious. My mom says that we went to satisfy my great Aunts who were big into their church community. Going to Catholic School, the whole religious aspect of it was really fucked up to me. As I wasn't a Catholic, I couldn't participate in a lot of stuff. For example, we had Mass at school that I had to attend even though I wasn't part of their religion. We also had to go to confession where we all sat in an auditorium together and there were priests and we sat and watched as the Catholic students went up to confess their sins. I thought the whole thing was so bizarre having not grown up with it that it turned me off of religion altogether. Nevermind all the strict rules about uniform and hair and appearance and behaviour, etc. Nevermind the scandals of teachers fucking their students. Or the racism. Or the sexism. Or the homophobia. Or.... etc etc etc. It was too fucked up for me so I thought, if this is what God is all about, I want nothing to do with it.

I would say Atheism is kind of a strange thing. You don't believe in anything, but you have to believe that you don't believe in anything. I am too skeptical and too curious of a person to truly and deeply believe in nothing and that's something I had to start accepting in myself in my mid twenties. I think when you go through some of the things I dealt with and have a few mental health crises and existential crises and start questioning everything you naturally move away from Atheism into Agnosticism. At least that was the case for me. I had to do some deep diving on myself and what I thought was real for me and what I hoped COULD be real just to have something to hold onto. As to Tarot, as a small kid I used to believe I could become telekenetic, believed in Aliens, believed that if I thought hard enough about something and wanted it bad enough that it would manifest for me, etc. I have a lot of early experiences in my life that fed into those beliefs but I drowned them out as a teenager in high school and in my early 20's because I was too busy suffering with other things. I enjoy the idea of magic and mysticism and ancient belief systems and higher consciousness and source energy and all that. Tarot leaves room to be open to that if I want it to but I don't read that way. Tarot to me is an intuitive practice of weaving together symbolism and themes in a way that the cards I draw can all somehow be connected to the question being asked. To me it's using my own inner "knowing" and being able to apply that to someone based on what I see in the combination of cards laid in front of me. If people who I am reading for believe the messages are coming from God or Source or Guides or Angels or.... whatever, that makes no difference to me. What they believe doesn't have any bearing on my approach.

All this to day, I'm not willing to close the door on the potential of what could exist in the vastness of the universe. I don't have defined beliefs about anything because I like to be open to everything and am willing to evolve with new information and experience.

Which comes back to my point about casual Catholicism.

Particularly in the Americas, Latin America. A large chunk of the population is mildly Catholic, to the point where they don't attend church or do half what the Catholic Church commands, but they FEEL Catholic and often have statues of the Virgin Mary everywhere.

American Catholicism is bit different to European Catholicism that why I think. There is a greater emphasis on Mary is a central figure, and of a Mother figure.

I certainly would question sending my kids to an overly Catholic school (and so would the wife for that matter).

As for Atheism -

On Tarot it can be a way to internalise conflict and help make decisions if nothing else so it can have a placebo effect which can be positive if not over invested.

I think most Atheists have an existential crisis at some point. Its impossible not to. But I resolved mine in 2 ways.

The first was admitting there could be something after death. Not necessarily a heaven as written in some book, but *something*. The idea we see family again when we die is comforting so I hold that even if its not a certainty.

The second was seeing humanity as a single organism, evolving over time. This makes the purpose of the species, and my purpose in life by extension, to evolve the species to a higher state, through technology and social improvement, and avoid our society evolving into an evolutionary dead end, IE driving ourselves extinct. We've probably reached the end of biological evolution, at least to any major degree, now we undergo technological and social evolution to gain the power to control every aspect of our universe and maximise our collective happiness and satisfaction.

But as I've said before on the forum I leave the door open for a God/Gods to contact me but I've not seen anything so far, and I can't invest my faith in something I can't feel.

I definitely see what you're saying Slant. It would be easier if society didn't tie a mythos to testosterone and estrogen that goes way beyond biology into the realm of socialization.

I would argue that people don't really want to have a conversation about it either. If all behavior is attributed to biology, then people don't feel responsible for their behavior. I see this a lot with "boys will be boys", "all men are pigs", and "women are crazy" mentalities. Sex hormones are not an excuse for bad behavior, but many people seem to think they are.

Can't obtain it without faith, can't have faith without obtaining it
QsyogBW.png

Indeed.

But Gods are supposed to be all powerful so they should be able to fix this paradox.

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: ReasonEnduring