Do ANY women prefer short men? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Do ANY women prefer short men?

Last edited:
Being a very tall guy myself, I can't really put myself in the shoes of a smaller guy, but I have a few thoughts about this whole thing.

I think that what really attracts girls to guys is self-esteem and confidence. If you have those two, and are passionate about what you do, then you should be golden. If I'm right.

I'd imagine that if you're smart, successful and just generally satisfied with absolutely every aspect of yourself, it wouldn't really matter.

Absolutely satisfied with every aspect of themselves? Seems like a tall order (no pun intended). Very rare no matter what your height is.

Anyhow, I think Tom Cruise might disagree with this.

He seems to be intelligent and god knows he is successful. But from what I have read, although he seems to prefer women that are significantly taller than him, he has a real problem with them wearing heels in his presence. AND he wears platform shoes. I don't think he is trying to make a fashion statement.

Tom-Cruise-wearing-heels.jpg

Most guys, no matter how smart, successful and well put together they are, would most likely prefer to be tall or above average height, in my opinion. They think it is more appealing to women, whether that is true or not.

Note: As for my preference, I really didn't have one when I was single. I'm 5'5 and I dated a guy for a couple of years that tried to tell me that he was 5'7 even though I am pretty sure I was slightly taller than him :) And it didn't bother me at all. He was handsome and funny and we had a great time together. That was all that mattered.

My husband is 6'1 but he wasn't chosen for his height. He was chosen because he is my soul mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rawr
What i've learnt from this thread:
What I lack in height, i need to make up for in swag.

... And don't forget a firm pimp hand !

Reactions: jyrffw54
Absolutely satisfied with every aspect of themselves? Seems like a tall order (no pun intended). Very rare no matter what your height is.

Anyhow, I think Tom Cruise might disagree with this.

He seems to be intelligent and god knows he is successful. But from what I have read, although he seems to prefer women that are significantly taller than him, he has a real problem with them wearing heels in his presence. AND he wears platform shoes. I don't think he is trying to make a fashion statement.

View attachment 18425

Most guys, no matter how smart, successful and well put together they are, would most likely prefer to be tall or above average height, in my opinion. They think it is more appealing to women, whether that is true or not.

Note: As for my preference, I really didn't have one when I was single. I'm 5'5 and I dated a guy for a couple of years that tried to tell me that he was 5'7 even though I am pretty sure I was slightly taller than him :) And it didn't bother me at all. He was handsome and funny and we had a great time together. That was all that mattered.

My husband is 6'1 but he wasn't chosen for his height. He was chosen because he is my soul mate :)
images

Reactions: jyrffw54
Don't they do all sorts of crazy crap to make him (Tom Cruise) look taller in his movies anyway? Doesn't he wear lifts and stuff?

I think most women prefer a man taller than themselves, probably hardwired in a way with that whole "protector" thingy. I can't say I "prefer" shorter men.

Probably a power thing. Most of the time it's a power thing. You feel more dominant if you look down on others. Basic human condition.

Which then makes it confusing as to why women would want date someone much taller... Back to the think-tank.

I can't speak for other people but I know I love being short. It's part of my reputation, my style, it makes me original and beautiful. If I had the choice I would choose to come back to earth the exact same way. Sure there are lots of women who really care about height, but it seems to me like the best ones don't care. My experience is that men and women (especially fellow men) respect me even more because I'm short. Because I'm still a bad ass despite being the perceived underdog and people love that. So I guess what I'm saying is I'd be surprised if this statement was true.

I have no attraction to men shorter than myself. I am 5'7 and have primarily been attracted to men who are taller than me by at least a few inches. Perhaps it's something in the primal parts of my brain but I just like it that way. We fit together better and the feeling I get is that of safety and being protected even though we're never in situations that are dangerous.

Which then makes it confusing as to why women would want date someone much taller... Back to the think-tank.

Perhaps insecurity? Desire to feel protected? A fetish for giants? Sexual attraction to Frankenstein? The taller the man, the bigger the cock? Or they like the idea that the man could just scoop them up and run off into the sunset with them over their shoulder? Oh the visuals~

I can't speak for other people but I know I love being short. It's part of my reputation, my style, it makes me original and beautiful. If I had the choice I would choose to come back to earth the exact same way. Sure there are lots of women who really care about height, but it seems to me like the best ones don't care. My experience is that men and women (especially fellow men) respect me even more because I'm short. Because I'm still a bad ass despite being the perceived underdog and people love that. So I guess what I'm saying is I'd be surprised if this statement was true.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if my opinion were true. And it surprises me that you would be surprised. :) But as I said, most guys would prefer to be tall or above average height, not all. I think it's great that you seem to have confidence with your stature, but most short men that I know would prefer to be taller because women usually would prefer their men to be taller than them. And if his height is going to prevent him from getting the girl then I think it would matter, therefore making him wish he were taller (one less thing to stress about). Yes, I know. Shallow bitches. Who needs a girl like that anyway, right? lol

Like I said, just an opinion.

[video=youtube;ryDOy3AosBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw[/video]

Sorry, I just had to. :p

Reactions: gd65h8as7

While in the think tank, keep in mind that men on average tend to be 4" taller than women. And there is an average of a 4" height difference in couples with the man being 4" taller than the woman. So the consensus of women preferring taller men could be largely influenced by a mere correlation and not an actual cause. In other words, based on the statistics I've provided, women don't actually prefer taller men, they actually prefer men of average height.

=)

Reactions: Odyne
I would do Peter Dinklage. No shame, I find him attractive despite his character on GOT. His wife seems to like it too:

peter-dinklage-wife-emmys.jpg

Reactions: barbad0s
The 'men of average height' thing that [MENTION=5375]chango[/MENTION] mentioned is important. It's easy to get caught between the taller men vs taller than them confusion. When you think about the differentials in average, majority of the time it works out to be a comparatively tall dude for the lady.

I spent majority of my life with a tall guy (6'3") and now I'm with a short one (5'3"). It's amusing because I spend most of the time right now sitting down somewhere, so it isn't until I stand up directly in front of him that I laugh and comment that I forgot he's shorter than me. I used to be one for wanting to feel little as a method for feeling more feminine (and I've got that whole submissive streak, so i'm sure that factors in to original height preferences), but anyone who doubts the ability for a shorter guy to still make you feel that way should really not worry too much about it. A good match will make you feel the way you want to feel regardless of any physical measurements.

And second to Peter Dinklage.

it's more about body frame in relationship to mine... irrelevant to height... i'm of average girl proportions and like if i couldn't fit into his clothes because they were too small that would be a problem... or if i were physically stronger than him... because i'm strong... lol

Reactions: jyrffw54 and rawr
my current guy is 6'5. I like it. However, that said he's the first guy I have ever dated that's been over six foot. Most of them have been 5'8 or shorter! I guess I fall in the category of preferring shorter men considering that's been my pattern in the past.

I would do Peter Dinklage. No shame, I find him attractive despite his character on GOT. His wife seems to like it too:

peter-dinklage-wife-emmys.jpg

see i would feel like an amazon standing next to him... lol... i'll chalk that up to my insecurities :m027: