You self-righteous little... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

You self-righteous little...

*nod*

It just sounds so much like my father speaking, that I just had a huge adversial reaction to it.

Thats where my anger comes from. People trying to push you out into the realm of E kinda well it sucks.

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said, but I'll say it anyway.

This kind of thing really pisses me off. Who does this target, but people with insecurities and low self-esteem? Not only does it mockingly
offer a (false) solution, it degrades the person in the process. They're already broken people, and this idiot's making it worse! Not only that, but perpetuating myths that introversion is wrong! (All of a sudden, my passion burned out. Weird, my rants don't usually peeter out this quick, but I'm done now. Cool!)

I'm in agreement, y'all - but I don't think he's being satirical. I think he's honestly convinced that introverts need "saving" and the only way to save them is to insult them. Which makes no sense but it must be what his little brain concocted.

I'm still angry at his gall, but less angry than yesterday. It's *sad* really, and I hate the idea of him telling people they aren't ok where they are - when they really *are* okay. And then he doesn't know the difference between introversion and a legitimate disorder.

Introversion is one thing...but low-self esteem is not hand in hand with introversion. And some E-folks can be shy (which is really crippling to see, but it is possible).

And what happens to that human being when he gets old and dies?

He'll stink just as bad as me. Ah, I love how nature just has a way of equalizing everything.

He's trying too hard to be the cool bad-ass. Reading it just made me laugh. He'll probably get money off of his corny book--some misguided dork is going to read it one day in the bookstore and go, "YEAH! I want to be cool like THIS guy!"

He's trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard. Like that stupid car salesman on TV screaming out his company name in the ridiculous costume. That's this guy.

Hmmmm
I wonder how he'd react to getting choked unconscious by an introvert...
Not that I would, it would be a waste of time, and not challenging enough to be worth it. But I kinda wonder if he'd pee himself a little bit. I wonder how much is vaunted confidence would help him win with a giant pee stain on his pants...Maybe I'll get one of my confident, extroverted jiu-jitsu buddies to choke him...because I'm a sad, lonely little introvert.

I mean honestly, imagine the world if more people were "like him".

Imagine if, somehow, he converted everyone, and everyone was pretty much like him.

Imagine if, somehow, he converted everyone, and everyone was pretty much like him.

Oh that's scary. Really scary. That thought just gave me chills.

I agree with Ambrosia Lemon. The thought of that is terrifying. I'd want out.

I don't think the world would last that way for long. Fights would break out, deception would be widespread, resources would run out as soon as humanly possible, people would stop getting paid/stop working, no one would trust anyone, paranoia would break out, and the people in power or the intelligent people without social clout would blow us all up.

Indigo, that really sucks about your dad.

I agree with Ambrosia Lemon. The thought of that is terrifying. I'd want out.

I don't think the world would last that way for long. Fights would break out, deception would be widespread, resources would run out as soon as humanly possible, people would stop getting paid/stop working, no one would trust anyone, paranoia would break out, and the people in power or the intelligent people without social clout would blow us all up.

Indigo, that really sucks about your dad.

I know how to deal with him, no worries :)

Reactions: TheLastMohican
My dad is INFJ and is well-known and well-liked all around our city. He's far more extroverted than most people I know, and I believe he leaves a better impression with most people than my mother does, who is a "natural" extrovert.

I fail to see this man's point. Maybe that's because he came across as an arrogant prick without actually mentioning anything other than how awesome he supposedly is. Yawn.

I'm introverted and proud, but I'm also quite well known. I think INFJs are quite gifted in being able to somewhat cater to people's needs but at the same time find ways to find their own solitude. I'm pretty outgoing, but I can always find ways to relax, whether it be in a long walk or finding places to nap.

Threads Merged.

I've only read half way through it and I'm laughing my head off! For me it's quite enjoyable. :m131:

Why do you let a guy you never met make you angry with his obvious exaggerated marketing scheme?

While you’re living in fantasy land, I’m milking the real world for everything it offers: popularity, admiration, endless friends, sex, and success. But you don’t want that anyway, right? Lie to yourself.

He says that and follows up with a "Be Like MEEEEEE" sales pitch. I'm thinking, "Are you effing kidding?!"

Would any introverts actually buy his book? Would any INFJ's? Maybe the only people who will buy his book are other narcissists who want to learn how to be better and more arrogant assholes at the expense of other people!?
:m131:

Why do you let a guy you never met make you angry with his obvious exaggerated marketing scheme?

Since when is caring about others such a foreign concept?