Random INFJ characteristics... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Random INFJ characteristics...

^ That last one's not so much an INFJ trait as a germaphobe trait :D

2002-07-19-120-Britneymania!.gif

Haha, not that speceficly, but that is quite an INFJ thing. I pull stuff like that alot... ^_^'

That's what I was thinking, actually :D "Hmm...that seems quite familiar..."

Dammit, they found out! ABORT MISSION! ABORT!!

INFJs sometimes...

1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
8. Procrastinate.
9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.

:m173:

COMPLETELY!

You forgot ridiculously clumsy though.

INFJs sometimes...

1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
8. Procrastinate.
9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.

:m173:

I agree with all of these except number eight. I tend to plan ahead and never procrastinate. I especially agree with number six.

I also fall a lot, have irregular eating habits and usually tend to like exotic food; Albeit I also like what I like and despise the food I don't like.

Instead of "procrastinate" I probably should have said, "overthink things to the point that they get paralyzed".

Yes, that fits way better with me too.

Good Lord, Satya! Quick reading my brain! :p

Yes. I am in the middle of paralysis. SUCKS, TOO! *Grumble*

Instead of "procrastinate" I probably should have said, "overthink things to the point that they get paralyzed".

on infj.com it notes how INFJs are prone to catatonia during times of stress. i have definately experienced this 'paralysis' you are speaking of though moreso when i'm in the midst of an overwhelming situation.

on infj.com it notes how INFJs are prone to catatonia during times of stress. i have definately experienced this 'paralysis' you are speaking of though moreso when i'm in the midst of an overwhelming situation.

That explains where my life is right now. :p

I used to say sorry too much, to the point of irritating people.

I have never heard anyone, except INFJ's say self-deprecatory things so readily.

I used to say sorry too much, to the point of irritating people.

I have never heard anyone, except INFJ's say self-deprecatory things so readily.

Me too! This was my thing. I still do it now when I'm not thinking, if something happens quickly I will apologise even if it is clearly someone else's fault. It irritates me now lol.

Originally Posted by Satya
Interesting. In times of stress, I usually know exactly what to do and proceed to do it. My thinking aspect becomes an analysing function deciphering the situation and arriving at the appropriate decision for the situation.
Hmmm... puzzling. Makes me re-think of my INFJ designation a bit. :m083:

I'm not sure that makes you less INFJ, EB. I think you might just have a more mature handle on your thinking and sensing functions. I don't really tense up too much in stressful situations, either, although I do tend to procrastinate and resort to escapism under long periods of constant stress

-frowns- i dont get paralyzed either. if anything- everything becomes very clear and i am able to think perfectly and logically until AFTER the stress is over. THEN i fall apart. at that point its with a great deal of internalization and a few tears.

for example-

my mother contacted me several months ago about my sister. my mother had been on Wellbutrin to stop smoking (in other words she was depressed and needed a 'reason' =quitting smoking) for over 2 years and finally stopped taking it. she felt like she had been in a haze and hiding from life while on it so she stopped.... and woke up into a horror show. my sister was acting strangly (they lived together with my sisters husband also), the family business was looking bad... etc. could i help??

through some digging... my sister was doing coke, her husband was shooting heroin... the business was almost $30k in debt.... the copy machine that my husband co-signed for was 6 months unpaid and they had been pinging his credit 60 days into that.

and thats just the tip of the iceburg.

i swept in, contacted all of the vendors and got everyone back on speaking terms. found my sisters husbands bail-bonds-woman, had her husband thrown in jail (first and formost he needed to get cleaned up, reassess his purpose in all of this later), paid up the copier to stop them from reposessing it ($4k that we did -not- have), put my sister in contact with a man to get help for her addiction...

among other things. it, all in all, took almost 6 days of intense clear headed thinking to set it all as right as it could be... while 2 months pregnant with my 3rd child. i slept like a baby every night, i was driven to eat well and to keep my spirits up.... at the end of that a beautiful and dear friend of mine wisked me off for a night at the lake and somewhere in the beauty of all of that i had a melt down.

all internal.
i spent the next several weeks sleeping horribly, unmotivated to eat well, exercise, with only brief moments of being pulled out of my... depression is the wrong word. external apathy/internal shit storm??

i dont think i have ever been paralyzed in stress.

but i have run out of time... so i hope this is coherant enough.