Random INFJ characteristics... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Random INFJ characteristics...

I think you just past judgment on me...

No I didn't. Re-read the post. Still, for me it's a problem if people are judgmental of others even if it doesn't include me... But that's a whole other thread involving spirituality and the collective consciousness, so we won't go there, it's irrelevant to this thread.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you did you assumed that I did not know the difference..

No, I didn't. You asked specifically what the big deal was. I accepted your request and explained. But again, we're getting off topic.

If we were conversing in person you would have known that I was using sarcasm..

The big deal is knowing the difference between passing judgment on a person vs. their action. People are imperfect and make mistakes all the time. And if you correctly judge every person you meet, then congratulations, you'd be the first person in the world that could boast such an accomplishment. One can make valuable observations without passing judgment on the individual.

that's the beauty of intuition though. we can usually tell if it's just a bad action, or if it's a bad person. typically right upon meeting them.

bad action but ok person, person gets more time in a gray zone to figure out who they are and what they stand for. bad person, and i usually don't give them the benefit of the doubt if im wary of them to begin with. 9 times out of 10, their actions will just back up my opinion of them.

id gladly say i am wrong if i were. but im good at spotting a bad apple.

i even have a close friend who is bipolar. she's a great person and friend. if you didn't know her, you might think she's evil based on some of her actions. but she always means well, even if she's not always emotionally in control.

Reactions: 54192&#cmy
:m092:

11. INFJs have tempers.

I don't. Well ok I kinda do. I will get mad at myself for not being able to do something, and will get infuriated and want to throw something, but ultimately just sit, whine, curse, and inevitably cry. But I don't really count that as a temper. Other people don't make me mad enough to react in a way that I do when I cause something on myself, or make it emoitionally feel as intense.

I don't have a temper.

I have moods.

[SIZE=Default]
A. Have strange eating habits.
Sometimes.
B. Are stubborn.
Yes, but only when it comes to the important things. I'm very flexible with little things.
C. Tend to trip alot.
Yes, lol
[/SIZE][SIZE=Default] D. Tend to be freedom fighters.
Yup. But to be honest, I don't always fight in an obvious way, probably because I dislike conflict.
[/SIZE][SIZE=Default]
1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
Sometimes
2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
Sometimes
3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
Sometimes, but sometimes I don't give a flying fig.
4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
YES
5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
Sometimes.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
At times, but only in the beginning but then I catch myself.
7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
Nope, not really.
8. Procrastinate.
Yes
9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
Sometimes, if it goes against my personal values.
10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.
Yes, if the controllers don't have the same values as I do.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=Default] Originally Posted by Satya and others
INFJs sometimes...

A. Have strange eating habits.
B. Are stubborn.

C. Tend to trip alot.

2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
8. Procrastinate.

D. Tend to be freedom fighters.

[/SIZE]

A. In high school I never ate at lunchtime, and I tend not to eat at "regular" times.
B. Oh yes (be afraid, be very afraid).
C. I tend to be quite clumsy (I often trip over displays in stores, even the one I work at) and uncoordinated. :embarassed:

1. Yeah, I find I don't like others telling me what to do, and if they tell me to do it another way I take it far too personally.
2. I'm terribly self-conscious in social situations.
3. I wouldn't say I'm afraid but I get embarrassed easily.
4. I just have my way of doing things, and if someone tells me there's a better way, they're wrong. =D
5. I sometimes do this.
6. I couldn't of said it better myself.
7. Hmmm, I'm not sure to respond to that question. On one hand I have low self-esteem issues and often feel worthless, but on the other hand pride is one of my weaknesses.
8. I procrastinated joining this forum for a while. :lol:
9. I don't like being forced into doing something, but I'll often find myself doing things I don't want simply to keep others happy.
10. Hmmm, I like freedom and don't like being controlled, but I wouldn't say I fear it.
D. I almost always take the defense of the little guy (or girl).

I really hate it, but I would agree on me being a bit judgmental.

I'm finding a lot of INFJ's to be very judgemental of other people. Surprisingly, many are quick to slap a label on someone and send them on their way.

And MBTI gives me a label to slap them with. In fact I have all the MBTI types pre-programmed to my label gun. Doesn't stick very well if they don't bathe regularly, though.

LOL. Wow, everyone watch out for Locke unless you want a label to the forehead.

I have a big INFJv4 on my forehead.

INFJs sometimes...

8. Procrastinate.

:m173:

I'm thinking that some of these might be true in general for NFs...being an ENFP (and technically VERY different from an INFJ) I can still relate to almost all of them to a greater or lesser extent - just my five cents' worth. :D

I could see that; I think my ENFJ friend shares a lot of those too :D

Strange habits

I tend to have specific preferences for and cravings for weird food. I like Cherry Garcia by Ben and Jerrys, if someone get me a different flavor of ben and jerrys, my taste buds are not having it.

Definite short tempers or emotional outburst.

I also think some INFJ carry themselves reserved and calm, yet the storms going inside them are huge in depth.

Have a tendency to visualize things that could be going on inside my cells. If someone sneezes next to me, I can visualize that germ entering my nostril and wrecking havoc in my system, thus thinking I can get sick. Which I do, because I thought I did:m100: