Random INFJ characteristics... | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Random INFJ characteristics...

i should probably clarify the paralysis under stress that i mentioned. if it is a stressful circumstance around people, my mind becomes increasingly bombarded with an overload of escape possibilities and their consequences all the while i appear calm to others as if all is well. at extremes, this calmness becomes rather rigid physically even though or precisely because my mind is experiencing overdrive.
if the stress is personal when i am alone or is focused more on responsibilities/decisions, then this paralysis does not happen.

I think I understand what you mean. I never have it so clear in words though. I know it has been the cause of my most dangerous medical experiences. I become very calm and level headed. Only when they take my blood pressure and other vitals do they realize how bad I am. I have almost died twice because stupid nurses have not believed me.

INFJs have a funny way of speaking and walking.

:pound:

What do you mean?

I walk head forward and back strait in a comfortable stride.

Hm I am just sharing an observation that INFJs have a distinct way of walking and speaking.

Like I would notice someones gate in a crowd across a football field.

Of course this is highly individualized. Everyone has a different way of walking.

INFJs sometimes...

1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
8. Procrastinate.
9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.
Number 9. OH GOD NUMBER 9! If you ever want me to do something, it is far far better to coax me with kind words and possibly a tasty snack than to try to force me to do something. I don't understand why people don't get that!

I also do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10. Not 7 though, but maybe I just don't realize it. I'm also clumsy, I think because I don't pay attention to my surroundings. Aaaand I'm extremely picky when it comes to food although I don't like weird stuff that much. I'd like to submit another one, although I'm not sure if it's INFJs or just me:

• INFJs do not like to be told by a third party what they're thinking or what's going on in their head.
How could anyonepossibly even begin to know what the INFJ is thinking when the INFJ can barely keep up with it all themselves? Also never use the sentence "I know you better than you know yourself" at one unless you want to trigger the earlier mentioned temper they have.

For me this goes one step further in that I have an innate rage triggering hatred of being analyzed at all, but I'm pretty sure that is just me.

i have a realy bad INFJ walk!
my friend always laugh at me about it people actually recognise my from my walk
i have a really silly bounce between steps so i bob up and down when i walk.
though no matter how i try i can't stop
cringe!!!!!!

INFJs sometimes...

1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
8. Procrastinate.
9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.

:m173:

Damn it! That's me all the way!

Also, I don't like conflict.
And I think way too much.

Hey... where did all the sandwiches go?

i have a realy bad INFJ walk!
my friend always laugh at me about it people actually recognise my from my walk
i have a really silly bounce between steps so i bob up and down when i walk.
though no matter how i try i can't stop
cringe!!!!!!

Yeah my friend kind of has a bouncy walk.

And I guess she kind f speak in a monotone.

Number 9. OH GOD NUMBER 9! If you ever want me to do something, it is far far better to coax me with kind words and possibly a tasty snack than to try to force me to do something. I don't understand why people don't get that!

I also do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10. Not 7 though, but maybe I just don't realize it. I'm also clumsy, I think because I don't pay attention to my surroundings. Aaaand I'm extremely picky when it comes to food although I don't like weird stuff that much. I'd like to submit another one, although I'm not sure if it's INFJs or just me:

• INFJs do not like to be told by a third party what they're thinking or what's going on in their head.
How could anyonepossibly even begin to know what the INFJ is thinking when the INFJ can barely keep up with it all themselves? Also never use the sentence "I know you better than you know yourself" at one unless you want to trigger the earlier mentioned temper they have.

For me this goes one step further in that I have an innate rage triggering hatred of being analyzed at all, but I'm pretty sure that is just me.
That part is definitely me! I really hate it when someone else speaks "for me" just because I'm feeling too shy or introverted to say it myself. I don't think anyone has ever been accurate when they've spoken for me either. It makes me so mad, but also kind of sad because it shows that person doesn't really understand me, nor do they want to take the effort to try. They just assume my thoughts and feelings without even asking me, and what's even stranger is sometimes they don't even know me... like just random people I've never met sometimes speak for me.

Hmm, I have a theory about INFJs. They're all aliens come to earth to enslave the human race. They're watching us right now, waiting for the day when they their overlord gives them the go ahead to overtake the world.

Trust no-one

Lol. :D This actually sounds like fun. ;)

So true. I get this ALL the time; in fact something similar happened earlier today. I get annoyed when someone who doesn't even know me tells me I'm predictable or that they can read me 'like a book'. It's just condescending, and I shouldn't be encouraging them but it is quite amusing so I just nod in agreement and put on a 'You got me!' expression. The smug looks on their faces are priceless.... :doh:

I don't mind being analyzed or being told how I act, but it does irritate me when someone thinks they "know" me or what I'm thinking.

INFJs speak in monotone? hmm i'm not sure on that one though i have heard we use metaphors in our daily speech. i tend to weigh words and speak rather slower as if contemplating on how to put thoughts into words.

INFJs speak in monotone? hmm i'm not sure on that one though i have heard we use metaphors in our daily speech. i tend to weigh words and speak rather slower as if contemplating on how to put thoughts into words.

Speaking in monotone is highly indicative of an INTJ.

I'm rather montone. I think part of that is we are very quiet.

Being overly apologetic also seems to be an INFJ trait. I think INFJs are the type who tend to say "I'm sorry" a lot and are quick to humble themselves in social situations.