Random INFJ characteristics... | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Random INFJ characteristics...

Being overly apologetic also seems to be an INFJ trait. I think INFJs are the type who tend to say "I'm sorry" a lot and are quick to humble themselves in social situations.

except when their pride is pricked, or they are really varying opinions.

I say sorry all the time, even when things aren't even my fault or in my control. I just feel responsible for keeping other people happy for some reason.

I say sorry all the time, even when things aren't even my fault or in my control. I just feel responsible for keeping other people happy for some reason.

It takes time to let this go.

And I still feel it.

but its very helpful when you can let some of this go.

Becasue lets face it everyone is reasonable for their own happiness.

Hey Luci, that's really cool that you know lots of INFJ's IRL. It helps to get point of views since INJs can sometimes be oblivious as to how they're perceived.

I have an ENTP friend who says that when I run I remind him of a cat, lol. I don't know how I walk, I just get the impression that when I am absentmindedly wandering, lost in some thought, people seem to think i'm on a mission, even when i'm using a slower gait.

Must know more about strange INFJ walks.
i have a realy bad INFJ walk!
my friend always laugh at me about it people actually recognise my from my walk
i have a really silly bounce between steps so i bob up and down when i walk.
though no matter how i try i can't stop
cringe!!!!!!
Holy crap really? Sometimes I focus on the mechanics of my walk by using abstraction.

I suppose if you imagine yourself to be floating, chances are you will use a walk which is less bobbly.

Hmm, I have a theory about INFJs. They're all aliens come to earth to enslave the human race. They're watching us right now, waiting for the day when they their overlord gives them the go ahead to overtake the world.

Trust no-one

He's onto us.
hyenas.gif

Wish I knew more about ENTP's....besides that they make sweeping generalized statements.

Last edited:
Being overly apologetic also seems to be an INFJ trait. I think INFJs are the type who tend to say "I'm sorry" a lot and are quick to humble themselves in social situations.

once, i apologized for apologizing too much. it wasn't until the other person pointed it out that i realized i negated my apology.

Holy crap really? Sometimes I focus on the mechanics of my walk by using abstraction.

I suppose if you imagine yourself to be floating, chances are you will use a walk which is less bobbly.

Yeah, I do this too. Just try to make it so your expended energy is put to good use in forward momentum rather than the impact of your step.

1. Like to do things their own way even when it might be an inconvenience.
Guilty

2. Become overly self conscious and worry compulsively about what others are thinking about them.
Yep

3. Are terrified of looking stupid or incompetent.
Ugh, story of my life!

4. Do things in a tedious way out of fear of making a mistake.
Yep, see #3.

5. Dismiss an idea before getting all the facts.
An Achilles heel of mine.

6. Be overly idealistic when they should be realistic and be overly cynical when they should be optimistic.
Yep

7. Have an inflated sense of self importance.
Sometimes, but I try not to.

8. Procrastinate.
My middle name.

9. Resist doing something just because others want them to do it.
Depends on the situation.

10. Obsessively fear being controlled by others.
Yep.

I have pretty strange eating habits sometimes :D More normal lately, though. I'm not as stubborn as I used to be either, through conscious effort. Same with the judgmental thing.

But I do trip quite frequently. :B
I'm a horrible klutz and I actually had to have physical therapy as a kid because of my bad motor skills.

I'm a horrible klutz and I actually had to have physical therapy as a kid because of my bad motor skills.

Same with me! But it was mostly because my fine motor skills were bad. They still kind of suck, but are better.

Wow, so many things I can relate to in this thread! The judgmental thing is painful but true. I think I can be perceived as a negative person because I express my dislike for people and situations all the time. I've heard "you don't like anyone!" or "is there anyone you DO like?" more than a few times. The thing is, my intuition kicks in the moment I meet you. Within 30 seconds I've already got you pegged as a "bad" person or "good" person. I always express it to my family and husband, and they are annoyed at my negative "assumptions." Then, a week later, months later, a year later...something major happens and the people I originally perceived as "bad" end up revealing their true colors.

And generally I just don't like people who offend my values.

I'm really bad with authority I have no respect for. I don't believe anyone automatically deserves respect just because they're in a position of power. They need to earn my respect, just as I must earn theirs. I won't kiss anyone's rear end. Needless to say, I have ultimately decided running my own business is the only way to go.

I will throw myself under the bus for people I care about, especially in the face of authority, when I feel someone is being wrongly punished. I will try to take the blame instead, which has just gotten me in trouble. And it turns out few people actually appreciate when you throw yourself under the bus for them. So I'm done with that.

It's really hard for me to form friendships because of how easily I can rule people out. I have very high expectations for the people I choose to let into my life.

In arguments, I don't like for anyone to argue with my feelings (because I don't think they can be argued with). My feelings are my feelings and no one can tell me my feelings are wrong.

So I'm beginning to think I'm just a mess...lol.

I think this is a good way to summerize:

INFJ's have endless, unique quirks, that make them easily spotted to a semi-trained eye.

does anyone else here feel like they're often unaware of their bodies in daily life; having your consciousness so readily latched onto the visual perception of the outer world or trying to make sense of it?

i often feel like i am two eyes (or just a stream of vision) hovering a metre or so above the ground.

I'm not sure if this is an INFJ thing, or if it's just me: I'm weird when it comes to internet debates. I love reading them but I'm reluctant to join in most of the time. I just feel like everyone is smarter than me and I wont contribute much to the thread. But when it's some thing I feel really passionate about (e.g. human rights, or someone is down right demonizing another group of people with half-truths and blatant lies) I throw myself in, even if I know that I can't win because popular opinion is against me. But then I get really exhausted by it, especially if one or more of three things is happening:
1. I'm not making any progression because the counter-arguments bog me down in petty details.
2. I find myself facing off against multiple posters, with very little support from other members.
3. The counter-arguments are strawman arguments.

Do other INFJs feel this way? Or is it just me? Internet debating was something I used to engage in but now I never do it.

INFJs obsessively analyze their personality type.

Yeah I'm guilty of that. I often think "Man, this is such an INFJ trait" when I do stuff that INFJs usually do.

I'd like to submit another one, although I'm not sure if it's INFJs or just me:

• INFJs do not like to be told by a third party what they're thinking or what's going on in their head.
How could anyonepossibly even begin to know what the INFJ is thinking when the INFJ can barely keep up with it all themselves? Also never use the sentence "I know you better than you know yourself" at one unless you want to trigger the earlier mentioned temper they have.

I hate that so much! It's especially annoying when they're way off but they insist they're right. A mate of mine did this recently. He claimed to know the reason for why I was feeling the way I was feeling. But when I protested (because he was wrong), he kept saying "admit it". I felt like saying "No! I'm not going to admit it because you have no idea what's going on in my head, so quit acting like you do!".

Reactions: Lune Froide
I'm not sure if this is an INFJ thing, or if it's just me: I'm weird when it comes to internet debates. I love reading them but I'm reluctant to join in most of the time. I just feel like everyone is smarter than me and I wont contribute much to the thread. But when it's some thing I feel really passionate about (e.g. human rights, or someone is down right demonizing another group of people with half-truths and blatant lies) I throw myself in, even if I know that I can't win because popular opinion is against me. But then I get really exhausted by it, especially if one or more of three things is happening:
1. I'm not making any progression because the counter-arguments bog me down in petty details.
2. I find myself facing off against multiple posters, with very little support from other members.
3. The counter-arguments are strawman arguments.

Do other INFJs feel this way? Or is it just me?
Not just you, I'm the same way.