Liking Someone Who Likes You | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Liking Someone Who Likes You

ENTP eh? I can see it.

You know how some of those threads are on MBTIc, with Jack Flack and others posting one-liners. That's the context in which I usually saw you over there.

On another note, you seem very well balanced, is your F function high as well?

Fi is somewhere in the middle of my function order, but Fe is dead last.

I even recall you posting your Longitute and Latitude or whatever for Google Maps in a public part of the forum, which was probably when this worry started to peak.

You really think he was looking up peoples cordinates for negitive purposes? I just assumed he was bored and looking for something to do. I related to him in the respect that I found seeing where people were in the world was facenating, and nothing beyond it. Mabye I was projecting my view of it on him and thought nothing of it. And he seems rather indiscriminate about who he asked.

You really think he was looking up peoples cordinates for negitive purposes? I just assumed he was bored and looking for something to do. I related to him in the respect that I found seeing where people were in the world was facenating, and nothing beyond it. Mabye I was projecting my view of it on him and thought nothing of it. And he seems rather indiscriminate about who he asked.

You're looking to far into the wrong part of the statement.

in a public part of the forum

You're looking to far into the wrong part of the statement.

OH totally missed that part. Eh, ok I could see a folly with that, but I still don't see much wrong with it. The cordinates on google earth are purposly skewed anyway. Maybe I am just too laxed about what information I have about myself on the internet, I largely don't care, and hence dont have much of an issue with it.

It took a while before I started liking Lurker (Trinity at INTJf). At first I didn't take much notice of her, as she was one of the pioneers of the fluff poster movement at INTJf, and I didn't pay very much attention to fluff posts or their authors.

The fluff pioneering should have made it clear INTJ was just not me eh :rolleyes: Pissed of quite a few people with that, some were more vocal than others, main reason I stayed in the fluff threads really, I didn’t purposely want to annoy plus I never felt as though I fitted in over there so couldn't get too involved with the serious threads.

Nothing you said surprises me, I never had a problem with you but could read that you didn’t click with me to begin with.

and then she sent me a friend request, which I denied, with an explanation that I didn't know her.

You sure? I didn't notice that, don't even remember friend requesting you, a-hee :D

Can't say that I've ever actually disliked someone to then go on and completely reverse my opinion, the opposite has happened on a number of occasions though.

Last edited:
Oooh, I lied! I just thought of someone I wrote off when I first met them cause the very first time they chose to interact with me they were a prick… they’re on a different forum though. I still think they are a prick but I like em regardless, in fact their prick-like nature is part of their charm.

I WANNA KNOW EVERYONE'S OPINION OF ME.

Once you noticed me, of course. I stayed under the radar for a while until I really got involved here.

I don't really like people. I might enjoy spending time with them. I might care for them a great deal. I might want to be their friend or do what I can for them. I might have sexual feelings for them. But I just don't have genuine affection for people. When people start to get close to me, I'll shut them out.

When I was young I received a great deal of hazing, teasing, bullying, etc. by people who I had affection for, so I think my succorance has just become completely inhibited by my fear of rejection.

So I generally pretend to like people. It has the same affect as the study mentioned in the OP. But when they start to show geniune affection to me beyond just friendship, I distance myself from them.

Nothing you said surprises me, I never had a problem with you but could read that you didn’t click with me to begin with.

Now I'm curious as heck as how you read that. (<-- NT obliviousness talking)

You sure? I didn't notice that, don't even remember friend requesting you, a-hee :D

I'm pretty sure; it was just after the forum was updated to include friendship requests. The first two were Sriv and Uberfuhrer, and you were third. I was a bit surprised, since I didn't know you much at all, but I guess I was being spied on. :dance:

As far as the forum goes, there were some people here who I was repelled by but warmed up to as time went on. Shai being one of them.

I can't help it. I wont deny the fact that I am opinonated as shit, lol.

GO is talented, clever, cool, funny and imaginative.

Once you noticed me, of course. I stayed under the radar for a while until I really got involved here.

Sorry, never anything bad. You've always been fun and likable.

Now I'm curious as heck as how you read that. (<-- NT obliviousness talking)

My thing with interacting with people online is it’s not about learning or intellect or anything like that, I'm serious enough in real life that when I'm online that's all secondary, when I'm interacting with people I like to connect.

I'll reach out to most to get a feel for them but only a small handful will want that and respond in kind, most will be non-phased but happy to do so as long as their interest is being held but there will also be those who resist for whatever reasons. None of those scenarios bother me in the slightest, those in the first category are the ones I'd love to meet someday and feel invested in, the ones in the second category are there for entertainment and company for as long as we can conveniently interact and the ones in the last category I give space to.

At the time I joined INTJf you were in serious mode and I was in stupid mode, we were not looking for the same kind of interaction, I think both of us can see more balance than that in each other now but at the time you fell into the last category so I didn't make a point to interact with you directly much, I never disliked you in the slightest though so I also didn't avoid.

The reason I can read that is because it's my focus.

Bottom line; I have too much Fe :doh:

Do you really even have to ask?:hug:

:0 I love you guys~
That actually really helped my mood

The reason I can read that is because it's my focus.

Bottom line; I have too much Fe :doh:

Nah, that's the awesome part! :hug:

I don't really like people. I might enjoy spending time with them. I might care for them a great deal. I might want to be their friend or do what I can for them. I might have sexual feelings for them. But I just don't have genuine affection for people. When people start to get close to me, I'll shut them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Evz-Nuec_U

(Gloomy-Optimist = Awesome – Certain philosophical/scientific/political positions)

And I might as well second GO's request. Let's hear opinions! :D

(Gloomy-Optimist = Awesome — Certain philosophical/scientific/political positions)

And I might as well second GO's request. Let's hear opinions! :D

What's that supposed to mean? >8(
(j/k)

I always thought you were cool, even before I "knew" you. I get along with you pretty well; we don't always agree on everything, but you're not pushy about your opinions like some NTs can be, and I respect and learn from you.

Satya, I feel for you as I am on that path as well when it comes to 'love relationships'. At first I may like someone although if they start to like me then I run and consider my feelings mistaken. I turn of my cellphone and may even turn paranoid and just not hang out places where there is chance to meet this person haha. I completely ignore him.

I think you need to be saved if you sincerely mean "I just don't have genuine affection for people...So I generally pretend to like people"

It is the strong words there that cause a reaction; ingenuine and pretend.
I know I am the wrong to judge but are you sure you are an F if you have to pretend to like people and dont have a genuine affection?