Liking Someone Who Likes You | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Liking Someone Who Likes You

I think you need to be saved if you sincerely mean "I just don't have genuine affection for people...So I generally pretend to like people"

You should know by now how much I love Christianity.

I know I am the wrong to judge but are you sure you are an F if you have to pretend to like people and dont have a genuine affection?
Oh yeah, I'm an F. I use that Fe that you Fi types seem to find superficial. I have excellent friends who I enjoy and who I care greatly for, and who even act as my emotional confidants, but I don't necessarily like who they are as people. I even hate some of them. I just don't form real attachments to people. I like to connect with them, emphasize with them, and understand them, I just very afraid of being attached to them. It gives them a little too much control over me.

Are ya saying I should go get saved?

No, I just habitually post links to things that posts here remind me of. :dance:
I do however find your description very intriguing as typology goes. It has me thinking.

What's that supposed to mean? >8(
(j/k)

I always thought you were cool, even before I "knew" you. I get along with you pretty well; we don't always agree on everything, but you're not pushy about your opinions like some NTs can be, and I respect and learn from you.

You essentially answered your own question there.

(Satya/ Kiddo)My first non gay Man crush. If that's possible.

Reactions: Satya
You should know by now how much I love Christianity.

Oh yeah, I'm an F. I use that Fe that you Fi types seem to find superficial. I have excellent friends who I enjoy and who I care greatly for, and who even act as my emotional confidants, but I don't necessarily like who they are as people. I even hate some of them. I just don't form real attachments to people. I like to connect with them, emphasize with them, and understand them, I just very afraid of being attached to them. It gives them a little too much control over me.

Yeah that is pretty much me as well. I don't like saying this because to other people it sounds like you are saying "I have friends, for the sake of having friends". I generally don't attach to anyone. The only person I truly have an attachment to is my mom. I don't know if I even have the capcity to form an attachment to anyone. I don't hate any my friends as people though. If I did I would have dropped them as friends. But then again, what friend is perfect? I could drop almost all of my friends, and not think anything of it. I will feel guilty for just dropping them, but I wouldn't really miss them. I don't think I could drop my best friend, but I care too much about her to hurt her (which is different from being attached).

Omg Satya, I'm sorry, that just sounds like such a hollow and tuneless life.

Uh...thanks. :mcute:

I think INFJs are just too sensitive to wear their hearts on their sleeves and form strong attachments the way that NFPs do. If you want to make a value judgment about that, then I guess that is your right.

Gloomy: Very compassionate and fun with the type of wit and humor that I thoroughly enjoy.

TLM: Seems calm and solid/unwavering most of the time which is commendable. A person I would enjoy debating face to face, for sure.

Not sure either of you would like me or associate with me in real life, but yous good peoples nonetheless.

Not sure either of you would like me or associate with me in real life, but yous good peoples nonetheless.

OF COURSE!

THIS GUY!

:hug:

TLM is mature, reasonable, funny, smart and fair.

Uh...thanks. :mcute:

I think INFJs are just too sensitive to wear their hearts on their sleeves and form strong attachments the way that NFPs do. If you want to make a value judgment about that, then I guess that is your right.

Oh no, my conscience :/ That is not how I intended for it to sound at all - maybe I'm the hollow and tuneless to say something like that to the one experiencing it in the first place. I'm sorry I really did not mean to hurt you. You see I'm never the one to make judgements about anyone and I do not have any prejudice and if I do, I stop myself from having it. I absolutely don't know what got into my head, sorry I let this slip my mind. I like to think the best of people and it sort of hurt me to think that was the case for you, so I became totally biased as if they were my emotions. Again huggies, I never mean to hurt anyone. Please don't be mad.

I am hypersensitive and do not carry my heart on my sleeves because it would make it tare into pieces so quick. I share my emotions (but sometimes not) and I attach too easily, but that does not mean that my feelings are less valuable than an INFJ's. Nor does it mean that mine are shallow, because I have feelings inside as well. :(

Last edited:
Hahaha...like I said, everyone's getting paranoid, lol.

Like, OMG, what do you think of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, I have my fair share of hate-PMs stacked in my inbox on various forums. I'm a bitch. Not apologizing.

But since people wanted to know:

Gloomy, I only recently started to like you. Not that I DISLIKED you before, it was more of a neutral "meh" sorta deal. Now that I read more of your posts I don't feel that way.

Pristine, I thought you were kinda irritating at first because all of your posts seemed to written as if you were hopped up on red bull or large amounts of sugar. Very...hyper and bubbly and...happy. Not that that's a problem! Reading your posts make me smile. I love NFPs and their energy. I wish I could scoop all of you up and into my purse!

Wyote, my first impression of you was: interesting mellow-cool. You seem like a cool guy, like you're a man who has his all his sh1t figured out. I enjoy getting that vibe from your posts and I love reading your posts, actually. Instant like on my end.

And I think that's all the people who specifically asked for opinions, right?

Oh no, my conscience :/ That is not how I intended for it to sound at all - maybe I'm the hollow and tuneless to say something like that to the one experiencing it in the first place. I'm sorry I really did not mean to hurt you. You see I'm never the one to make judgements about anyone and I do not have any prejudice and if I do, I stop myself from having it. I absolutely don't know what got into my head, sorry I let this slip my mind. I like to think the best of people and it sort of hurt me to think that was the case for you, so I became totally biased as if they were my emotions. Again huggies, I never mean to hurt anyone. Please don't be mad.

I am hypersensitive and do not carry my heart on my sleeves because it would make it tare into pieces so quick. I share my emotions (but sometimes not) and I attach too easily, but that does not mean that my feelings are less valuable than an INFJ's. Nor does it mean that mine are shallow, because I have feelings inside as well. :(

It's alright. :m059:

Wait so your first impression of me was the worst TK*?

Why?

I must have missed where Wyote asked before, so I'll offer a belated reply:
Wyote, you rock! You were one of the few of whom I was aware pretty much from the beginning, and I kept track of your jokes (culminating in our collaboration in the picture thread). I know less about your opinions on a number of issues, but all of your posts that I have seen have been either solid and reasonable or zany, both of which are good parts of the spectrum. And you're slaving away for the forum as a member of the mod team, which gives you extra awesome points. :cool:

Wait so your first impression of me was the worst TK*?

Why?

LOL! No, you aren't the worst. You're just the only person I can talk honestly about because I know you won't get offended! I have to tone it down for everyone else, lol. I would prefer not to rack up anymore hate-PMs. You know I like you, you're on my fav. person list. *plans to frighten Barnaby with more teddy bear cards* Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! I think I like you so much now because I really couldn't stand you on MBTIc. The grudge carried over to here.

Satya, for you, at first I had an e-crush on you. I told you that didn't I? Instant like. You're not a hard pill at all, a little over-kill and hardheaded, maybe, but I like you just fine (provided you're not breathing fire!) Instant like! I remember liking you as Kiddo on MBTIc too. The only thing bugging me about you is wondering how old you are? I'm thinking you're late teens early twenties. You seem like a very young person to me.

So we're all paranoid ... just in different ways, eh? :wink:

I was being sarcastic there. I'm not asking for anyone's opinion for me because I don't care what those opinions are, good or bad.

<<<a bitch, lol.