Liking Someone Who Likes You

Final

Regular Poster
Nov 24, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
I saw this on a PUA blog:
David J. Lieberman said:
Countless studies (and common sense) have established that we tend to like more those who like us. When we find out that someone thinks well of us, we in turn are unconsciously driven to find him or her more likeable as well.

Oddly enough, studies conclude that if someone started out not liking you and gradually came around to liking you, they will eventually like you more than if they had liked you right from the beginning. Keep in mind, if you don’t have a great relationship with them, don’t do a “180”, suddenly making this person your best friend. Studies show us that gradual liking is infinitively more effective than instantly becoming someone’s best friend. So don’t be overwhelming and ‘out of the blue’ their number-one fan. To engage the law of reciprocal affection gradually, let it be known that you are fond of this person.
This really resonated with me. Comments, questions, concerns, regrets?

Just bad memories.

I like you guys.

That is interesting, and seems to hold true for me.

Now, the question here is who in the forum is willing to tell the truth about whom they don't like?

I don't like anyone here. True story.

ya know...it's only true...you can't just randomly go up to someone and make them your best friend in one day..it really freaks them out...and does the total opposite of what your trying to accomplish..
so just take it slow....persistence is the key...

u don't even like me Lurker? T.T how sad!

Last edited:
S’ok, tis a good thing, means when I finally do like all of ya’ll I’ll like you more than anyone else around here. Still a true story.

Studies conclude that if someone started out not liking you and gradually came around to liking you, they will eventually like you more than if they had liked you right from the beginning.

Haha....which explains a few things...

Almost all my good friends used to hate me.
I think people's default setting is to dislike or be wary around me, actually, until they really talk to me.
Then they tell me their life stories.

It's confusing.

However, I know you guys are all lying, because you all love me.

Last edited:
Haha I like you gloomy! ^^ I also like darkstar and Zencat, Mayflow and Indigo as well as Milon and soulful. I like TK and Merrytrees as well and lurker is sweet too. And Shaigar when he was here.

I think the theory holds validity ^^
I have a couple of friends, which we used to hate eachother at first haha. mostly because of intimidation I presume. Percieving a threat (?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker
Yeah, I hate you all.

I have never before seen that monkey till now.