Liking Someone Who Likes You | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Liking Someone Who Likes You

I actually don't remember how you came off in the beginning. I often remember specific posts/threads, but it takes a while before I recognize those who made them. When I go back later, I'm often surprised to find that some of the posts I remember were actually written by this person that I now know pretty well. Visual elements help; for example, a member with a brightly-colored, memorable avatar will quickly establish connections in my brain, so I am much faster to recognize that it is the same person making the different posts.

Anyway, whatever strong opinions you expressed early on, they haven't left me with a bad impression. The IS I see now is generally low-key, courteous and likely an INFJv4. You also have pretty impressive irises.

Well it wasn't more in opinions, I sort of inflated my personality so people could see it easier. I have a tendancy to do when I first become part of something, and don't realise I do it until later on. Glad it didn't leave a bad impression though. And v4 as in the Se varient (from what I remember) o_O News to me if that is the case, my Se is completly MIA.

Indigo: I love the irony of your usertitle, you're very much an intuitive, almost from a different world (in a good way) it seems. I like how you sometimes have patience for me and try and explain your point of view even though we're speaking different languages.

Haha yeah, it randomly popped in my head, and sounded funny so I went with it. See the ironic thing is, I have a terrible time taking things out of my brain and explaining them. Yet, I feel like I need to explain everything in extreme detail. So if someone doesn't get something, I will invariably go back and re-explain it. And later yell at my self for being inefficent with it, haha.

Haha, the curse of having to use tertiary Ti to explain Ni I suppose. :D

And v4 as in the Se varient (from what I remember) o_O News to me if that is the case, my Se is completly MIA.

Admittedly I don't have a ton of supporting evidence, but you do enjoy skiiing, don't you? My Ni says you have Se, but you would know better than I would.

Quinlan, you're basically awesome :D I really appreciate you; you've said some really nice things about me in the past just out of the blue; in fact, you've got nice things to say about almost everyone.
So, in a nutshell, don't change *thumbs up*

Indigo: I think I kind of clicked with the way you think. It's refreshing when you find an INFJ with a strong love for the sciences (even if it is chemistry...meh [lol]) I think my intuition clicked with you, because I know I like you but I can't really explain why.

TK*: I actually never thought of you as a bitch. But it's okay; I kind of didn't notice you at the beginning either >.> I admire your straight-forwardness now though :D

Did I miss anyone?

*LOUD WHISTLE*

Well, I figured you were a given, SH ;) I click with your humor, your outlook, your mindset, all that jazz. When I first got on the forum, I admired you but was actually a little intimidated-- I think you impressed me.
But yeah; I feel like you can understand my experiences and emotions better than many other people. I honestly feel like I can trust you. You've experienced a lot of the same general emotional anguish (although yours, I think, was on a much deeper level, and a lot more severe), but it's like a breath of fresh air to be able to relate to someone as well as I do with you

Ok, I'm all for everyone liking each other...but wow, some of my nausea just came back as I was reading some of these posts. Get a room! :laugh:

Speaking of liking people though...where the heck is ZenCat? She was immediately my favorite and I also liked Alcyone, and Wyote...even though I haven't made what I feel is a real connection to anyone and may never. Some of you are actually household names for me because I'm trying to convince my husband to come onto the forum (INTJ) and I have to keep him in the loop. :)

Well, I figured you were a given, SH ;) I click with your humor, your outlook, your mindset, all that jazz. When I first got on the forum, I admired you but was actually a little intimidated-- I think you impressed me.
But yeah; I feel like you can understand my experiences and emotions better than many other people. I honestly feel like I can trust you. You've experienced a lot of the same general emotional anguish (although yours, I think, was on a much deeper level, and a lot more severe), but it's like a breath of fresh air to be able to relate to someone as well as I do with you

I don't think I'm equipped to deal with honest admiration. Thank you for that, and from the moment I saw you I knew you were special, different from most people, there was a deepness inherent in only a few young souls, a beautiful wisdom. Not just an imaginative, but a down to earth person at the same time.

SH: I think my stomach just bottomed out when I read that post. I don't get many compliments like that; I don't really know what to say

Black Swan: Good point...where isZenCat and alcyone? And I forgot Wyote, too....Dangit!

Wyote: You're cool, relaxed, and someone that's just easy to talk to :) I enjoy talking to you, and I feel as if you have a steadfastness to you~ You're just a cool guy; 'nuff said :D

Alcyone is reading a book, don't know what happened to ZenCat.

Ah, books...the downfall to the INFJ

TLM; My bro is someone I deeply respect in his honestly, diligence, carefully worded bluntness and ability to grasp the big picture. The fact that you remind me of him is a good thing, honestly I haven’t met anyone on the boards besides you who does, if I knew you in reality we may frustrate each other at times but I believe I’d respect you for the same reasons as I do my bro.

I already know what everyone thinks of me, I'm everyone's favourite Sensor, oh after Cokenut of course! oh and Wolfy, he's cool, and that istj guy around here somewhere, hmmm....

The fact that I love your dupe account set up, Wolfy, as much as I do the original is a sign of how much awesomness you have :D

I know better than to ask. :m025:

You don't care, well you prolly do but you wouldn't want to and you'd never show it. Like you said, you don't wanna be reached.

Wow, I looked at the topic title and thought it was some relationship thread, and went "meh". Glad I finally looked in! I know I'm pretty new, so I don't really expect any comments directed to me. And I'm only going to post about people who've impacted me.

Satya, I was instantly turned off. A lot. Glad to say that's changed, and you actually are one reason I'm re-evaluating a lot of my beliefs. The fact that I allowed myself to learn from you shows how much I've changed in opinion. Thanks! (Umm, not quite sure why I'm saying thanks, but I think it has to do with how you respect different opinions without getting insulted or needing to constantly argue. Whatever, it feels appropriate! :lol:)

PristineGirl: Instant like. I saw much depth and caring in your posts, and that's the fastest way to warm my heart! :)

Lurker, you were the first one who made me feel welcome, and for a guy who always felt on the outside, that's a big deal! Instant like, still like. Even if you don't like me back. :m155:

Von Hase: If first impressions mean anything, you're awesome!

Last edited:
Pfft! As if I wouldn't!

EDIT: Oh and :eyebrows:

You guys and your Fe! It sickens me, you hear! Sickens!

Haha, the curse of having to use tertiary Ti to explain Ni I suppose. :D
Agreed. Ti/Ni combo is such a pain when it comes to explaining things! Ti concepts are as difficult to explain as Ni ones, because they're both abstracted a lot. Think of opening a ZIP compressed text file directly into notepad, it would be nothing but gibberish until it's uncompressed.

On a somewhat related tangent, INTJs sort of have to fly by the seat of their pants when they're talking and just let Te do all the work without thinking about what they're saying. They just pull everything out of the cloud of Ni and if they stopped to try to order the data that's coming out it would stop them completely. That's why they can be so blunt. At least that's what I gathered talking to an MBTI knowledgable INTJ I know.

Last edited:
I was only half-joking. Hehe. :md:

Last edited:
I was only half joking too :D

Good, cuz you better not try to hug me. I assure you, I can run *very* fast.