[PAX] - What form(s) of psychic phenomena do you believe exist? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] What form(s) of psychic phenomena do you believe exist?

What form(s) of psychic phenomena do you believe exist?

• Astral Projection or Out-of-Body Experience

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Claircognizance, etc.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Psychometry or Clairsentience

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Precognition

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Retrocognition

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Distance Healing or Energy Therapy

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Medical Intuition

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Mediumship or Channeling

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Psychokinesis or Remote Influencing

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Telepathy or Telempathy

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
That's valid, of course. It's probably clear that I think differently, but not so differently that I don't understand where you're coming from. The few psychic abilities that I utilize or have experienced personally... I don't see them outside the realm of science

EXACTLY! EXACTLY EXACTLY MY POINT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE FOR YEARS!! their not "supernatural" we simply don't know how they work! Whew finally sumone agrees!!!!

I believe that telepathy, mediumship and remote influencing and probably a few more all involve ESP, which I firmly do believe in.

I don't really believe in mediumship as in talking to spirits etc, but I do believe that mediums have the power to recieve information from the live people around them.

Reactions: deivejek2|9
I find it very interesting that the stuff with less votes I put more stock into, and the stuff with more votes I put less stock into.

Medical Intuition sounds dangerous.

For the rest, I'd say that aside from being very perceptive and sensitive to tell-tale signs, psychic phenomena doesn't exist.

I neither wholeheartedly believe nor disbelieve in any of them,
but I've always been intrigued by the topic.
My thoughts concerning these abilities tend to be very like the
comments made by [MENTION=3284]Whiskey[/MENTION].

I have dreams of mundane events in the future. Then I live those events months or years later and am like: wtf.

To get me to believe in this stuff, you'd have to show me well designed, appropriately powered scientific studies (a plurality thereof) published in peer reviewed journals. Despite all the claims surrounding "psychic phenomena," I have yet to see such studies and, therefore, am not convinced. There is a certain irony associated with using technology such as computers and the internet to discuss unproven, basically imaginary ideas that are the stuff of dreams, not reality. Besides, fantastic as "psychic phenomena" may appear to be, string theory, quantum electrodynamics, multi-universes, higher order dimensions and other subjects of modern physics are even more weird, but more likely to be real.

how much wasted potential in all this time spent waiting for peer reviewed journals...

what about the rest of the universe... waiting for us to prove its existence

?

It is really happening, right here in front of us.

We are so poorly educated these days. The blind leading the blind.

Reality is interacting with us and we with it. We are creating it in so many ways.

How can any one of us deny the possibility of telepathy?

Brain waves are real... perhaps they might carry information...

how much wasted potential in all this time spent waiting for peer reviewed journals...

?

Reality is interacting with us and we with it. We are creating it in so many ways.

Exactly man. Ive offered this exact argument and have been laughed at so hardcore. I hate that sumone can I believe that something SCIENCE can't prove it it doesn't exist.

That sounds so stupid when humans created science!! So science is not perfect nor all knowing. So just bcuz u can't prove it exist doesn't mean its not there. I can't urgh this enough

I've heard of some lucid dreams being described as OBE's. Does that count?

none.

I have dreams of mundane events in the future. Then I live those events months or years later and am like: wtf.

d00d I was actually just going to write this it freaks me out so much. I recognize places I have never been before. Plus my fish died last week, and just saying I totally called it a day before.

d00d I was actually just going to write this it freaks me out so much. I recognize places I have never been before. Plus my fish died last week, and just saying I totally called it a day before.

Maybe I was channeling you.

?

1. No teacher I ever had was blind. Many people who are poorly educated despite the best efforts of their teachers have only themselves to blame. No one is prevented from reading a book, even after 8 or more hours of work.

2. I deny the existence of telepathy and, if you believe in it, I say, prove it. Just wanting it to exist, thinking it's cool, or telling anecdotes about it proves nothing.

3. Brain waves are indeed real and do carry information but the information they carry is not what you think it is. Read about eeg's. Telepathy, however, requires propagation of these waves, reception and detection of them, decoding the information (i.e., demodulation), and converting that information to a meaningful form that can be understood and interpreted. There is no evidence for any of these things happening.

Reactions: Nixie
1. No teacher I ever had was blind. Many people who are poorly educated despite the best efforts of their teachers have only themselves to blame. No one is prevented from reading a book, even after 8 or more hours of work.

2. I deny the existence of telepathy and, if you believe in it, I say, prove it. Just wanting it to exist, thinking it's cool, or telling anecdotes about it proves nothing.

3. Brain waves are indeed real and do carry information but the information they carry is not what you think it is. Read about eeg's. Telepathy, however, requires propagation of these waves, reception and detection of them, decoding the information (i.e., demodulation), and converting that information to a meaningful form that can be understood and interpreted. There is no evidence for any of these things happening.

yet there is no evidence to contradict it not being true. As an objective party you'd have to say since there is no evidence either way, telepathy is indeed a possibility, perhaps not proven, but if nothing is proven than everything is a possibility until disproved.

: D

I bring good news.

We have been living in the Dark Ages, and now we are coming out!

Currently we are experiencing the re-birth of ancient knowledge, an awakening is taking place.
Not everyone 'gets it' just yet, but as more human beings begin to recognize reality, we will see incredible things.

Our world will completely change in our life time.

Consider how your observation is part of the life technology.

We all make decisions based on input from our senses.

If our senses are dull, we will perceive a different reality.

There is more to reality than what we are able to see.

Those who feel it, know it.

What is it that leads someone to believe anything at all?

Experience?

Experiences may be deeply transformative, may completely shift our focus.

We may choose to learn from experience, or we may go on in denial.

Some choose not to believe in anything.

Some choose to believe in Nothing.

Some choose to believe in everything.

Some are not aware of the consequences of their choices, but they will have to live with the consequences.

For every action there is a reaction.

Every thought, every intention is a direction of energy.
Energy is flowing through us.
We are swimming in it.

Perhaps the psychic senses are dormant, or will not be available to a closed individual.

Why hold on to any belief which squanders the possibility of exploring things which we do not know?

How much more lucidly could we explore the universe by understanding the true nature of reality?

It starts with simply recognizing the consciousness we behold.

I believe all of them are possible. I don't see psychic phenomena as being supernatural. I see it as something any of us could tap into if we really wanted to. I think it is natural to us but we build all these walls with things like skepticism and rationality that keep us from our true nature.

What we see at as psychic phenomena, I see as being truly connected with the universe. Perhaps collective unconscious comes into that.

I think we don't really understand the potential that the human brain has and that perhaps our ancient ancestors may have had more of a handle on opening up to these sorts of things.

But I believe we are capable of a lot more than we give ourselves credit for. Perhaps because we spend so much time focused on the material world we have lost touch with the "psychic" world. We are so busy trying to prove and document every little thing, turning every idea into a concrete fact, that we've forgotten how to let go and connect with the universe.

^ This.

Namaste,
Ian

This. It's usually about the most pointless things too.

"Remember the intent of a skeptic, is to prove the justification to themselves that nothing works, therefore they will never find anything that works, as their intent creates their reality."

http://www.holographickinetics.net/Skeptics & Intent.html

I've come to believe in things that I've at first been skeptical about...

Skepticism is what keeps us from throwing virgins into a volcano to please gods.