Skarekrow's evidence of the spirit | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Skarekrow's evidence of the spirit

Good ol Randi!
I think eventually someone will win his prize…but perhaps not.

It’s hard to study something when you have no working models or ideas of how it could possibly work.
I think there is more personally because I have seen things move that shouldn’t have for instance, and there was no possible explanation.
There were witnesses a couple of times, but it’s still just my subjective experience and can be dismissed as such.
I mean, in my case, it could have been some kind of PSI, or something paranormal, or a glitch in the programming, a glitch in our heads…who knows?
A huge part of the problem is explaining the “how”.

People have gotten anomalous results in lab subjects in precognitive studies that could not have been faked by the subject as they were either using skin conductance or other way of measuring subconscious reactions including f-MRI machines that seem to suggest that the body/mind are able to detect a future event several seconds before it actually occurs. (I can cite some studies if you like Matt)

I think it’s unwise for a serious scientific person to discount interesting anomalous and repeatable findings simply because we don’t know the mechanism of action yet.
But for many, to study such things as this is career suicide, though that taboo is being worn away as more and more findings are found.
Just the correlation of stories from ancient times until now of ghosts, death-bed visitations, out of body experiences, PSI, etc. is fascinating if anything.

Last edited: