Skarekrow's evidence of the spirit | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Skarekrow's evidence of the spirit

How does one prove love?

[video=youtube;noBSlPaGTkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=noBSlPaGTkw[/video]​

Progress Completed First part:

Healing at a Distance

Astin et al (2000). The Efficacy of “Distant Healing”: A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials

Leibovici (2001). Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection: randomised controlled trial

Krucoff et al (2001).Integrative noetic therapies as adjuncts to percutaneous intervention during unstable coronary syndromes: Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic Training (MANTRA) feasibility pilot

Radin et al (2004). Possible effects of healing intention on cell cultures and truly random events.

Krucoff et al (2005). Music, imagery, touch, and prayer as adjuncts to interventional cardiac care: the Monitoring and Actualisation of Noetic Trainings (MANTRA) IIrandomised study

Benson et al (2006). Study of the therapeutic effects of intercessory prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients

Masters & Spielmans (2007). Prayer and Health: Review, Meta-Analysis, and Research Agenda

Radin et al (2008). Compassionate intention as a therapeutic intervention by partners of cancer patients: Effects of distant intention on the patients’ autonomic nervous system.

Schlitz et al (2012). Distant healing of surgical wounds: An exploratory study.

The conclusions of some of these studies are inconclusive as stated in the study themselves. This conclusion is not based on my opinion but based on the opinion of those doing the study. The results showed little variance between those who received prayer and those who did not.

These studies did not seem to include, from what I could tell, religious affiliation of the prayer giver and receiver. I think these factors might have been interesting.

Studies that yielded interesting results:

Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection http://deanradin.com/evidence/Leibovici2001.pdf

This study showed a faster rate of recovery for those who received prayer. I would like to find other studies that can reproduce these same results. The various conditions and ages of the two groups are slightly different so reproducing this experiment is even more essential to ensuring that other variables do not have a part to play in this.

Compassionate Intention http://deanradin.com/evidence/Radin2008LoveStudy.pdf
Intention is an important factor in PSI in relation to consciousness and spirit and a variable that the other studies did not put focus on. The conclusions were in favor of the PSI but I would like to see data showing this experiment being repeated.

Last edited:
Progress Completed First part:

The conclusions of some of these studies are inconclusive as stated in the study themselves. This conclusion is not based on my opinion but based on the opinion of those doing the study. The results showed little variance between those who received prayer and those who did not.

These studies did not seem to include, from what I could tell, religious affiliation of the prayer giver and receiver. I think these factors might have been interesting.

Studies that yielded interesting results:

Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection http://deanradin.com/evidence/Leibovici2001.pdf

This study showed a faster rate of recovery for those who received prayer. I would like to find other studies that can reproduce these same results. The various conditions and ages of the two groups are slightly different so reproducing this experiment is even more essential to ensuring that other variables do not have a part to play in this.

Compassionate Intention http://deanradin.com/evidence/Radin2008LoveStudy.pdf
Intention is an important factor in PSI in relation to consciousness and spirit and a variable that the other studies did not put focus on. The conclusions were in favor of the PSI but I would like to see data showing this experiment being repeated.

Not trying to defend the studies, just playing devil’s advocate...
Inconclusive doesn’t mean they were wrong or disproven, just that the results didn’t match what the means test set for itself (the controls of the experiment themselves).
They still show interesting results, though of course they would have to call a good many of these studies “inconclusive” because you have no working model for the anomalous activity.
The lack of a working model should tell us that we have no idea how or why such things work - thus repeating them with success every time wouldn’t make sense.
Once the dynamic of how such a thing as prayer works on the health of a person or how mass prayers have effected the GCPs RNGs is understood (if that time ever comes, which seems doubtful though I don’t discount it’s possible) then maybe we can make progress in replication and intensification.

If you are specifically interested in the prayer aspect of PSI I can certainly provide you with a bucket of links for you to peruse (you know me).

Some possible theoretical models...

Theoretical Models

I. Theoretical Models

Nearly three decades of intense experimentation leave little doubt that the anomalous physical phenomena appearing in the PEAR studies are valid, and are significantly correlated with such subjective variables as intention, meaning, resonance, and uncertainty.

The stark inconsistencies of these results with established physical and psychological presumptions place extraordinary demands on the development of competent new theoretical models for constructive dialogue with the empirical data.

But since the contemporary scientific approach leaves little room for such subjective correlates in its mechanistic representations of reality, it follows that science as we know it either must exclude itself from study of such phenomena, even when they precipitate objectively observable physical effects, or broaden its methodology and conceptual vocabulary to embrace subjective experience in some systematic way.

The primary importance of operator intention and emotional resonance with the task at hand, along with the operator-specific structure evident in the data, the absence of traditional learning patterns, and the lack of explicit space and time dependence clearly predicate that no direct application or minor alteration of existing physical or psychological frameworks will suffice.

Rather, nothing less than a generously expanded scientific model of reality, one that allows consciousness a proactive role in the establishment of its experience of the physical world, will be required.

The challenges and caveats of such a "Science of the Subjective" are explored in detail in several of our publications.

One such model has been proposed and developed in "On the Quantum Mechanics of Consciousness, With Application to Anomalous Phenomena," under the major premise that the basic processes by which consciousness exchanges information with its environment, orders that information, and interprets it, also enable it to bias probabilistic systems and thereby to avail itself of some control over its reality.

This model regards the concepts that underlie all physical models of reality, particularly those of observational quantum mechanics such as the principles of uncertainty, complementarity, exclusion, indistinguishability, and wave mechanical resonance, as fundamental characteristics of consciousness rather than as intrinsic features of an objective physical environment.

In this view, the "anomalous" phenomena observed in the PEAR experiments become quite normal expectations of bonded human/machine and human/human systems, and the door is opened for all manner of creative consciousness/environment interactions.

In a complementary approach, a modular conceptual framework has been articulated, wherein direct attention of the conscious mind to observable physical processes is bypassed altogether. Instead, an alternative route is proposed, whereby the inherently probabilistic nature of unconscious mind and intangible physical mechanisms are invoked to achieve anomalous acquisition of information about, or anomalous influence upon, otherwise inaccessible material processes (see "A Modular Model of Mind/Matter Manifestations").

Theoretical requisites for its pursuit include better understanding of the dialogue between the conscious and unconscious aspects of the mind; more pragmatic formulations of the relations between tangible and intangible physical processes; and most importantly, cogent representation of the merging of mental and material dimensions into indistinguishability at their deepest levels.

A rudimentary attempt to represent this latter "subliminal seed space" has been attempted in the format of an array of complex vectors whose components embody the pre-objective and pre-subjective aspects of their interactions (M*: Vector Representation of the Subliminal Seed Regime of M5).

Elementary algebraic arguments predict that the degree of anomalous correlation between the emergent conscious experiences and the corresponding tangible events depends only on the alignment of these interacting vectors, i.e., on the correspondence of the ratios of their individual "hard" and "soft" coordinates.

This in turn suggests a subconscious alignment strategy based on need, desire, shared purpose, or personal resonance that is consistent with our empirical experience.

In another closely related approach, entitled "Sensors, Filters, and the Source of Reality," we speak of the need to elevate the subjective capacities of consciousness to complementary status with the more objective physical senses, along with recognition of the bi-directional capabilities of both, thereby allowing establishment of resonant channels of communication between the mind and its ultimate Source that can exceed conventional information processing.

The key elements in tuning these channels to amplify such information creation are the physiological and psychological filters imposed upon them, some of which can be enhanced or altered by conscious or unconscious attention.

Although the concepts and mechanics presented in this array of specific models may seem somewhat disparate, their larger value may lie in the identification of certain common-denominator issues that arise in one form or another in all of them.

Taken together, they can provide a comprehensive conceptual framework for an overarching "science of the subjective" that may one day support a yet more fundamental representation of the full panorama of human experience.

tm-m5.jpg

tm-filters.jpg

A few years ago I read about a theory (the name of which I cannot remember), which proposed that there is a kind of universal shared knowledge.

The theory was that the first people to study a new kind of theory/knowledge would find it much more difficult than other people would after the initial studies. AND that the ease with which subsequent learning was made was possible, even if there was no direct/indirect communication between the early and subsequent groups under any medium of communication. The theory also proposed that the subsequent ease had less to do with improved explanation/didactic factors, than the fact that other humans had already understood the material.

A few years ago I read about a theory (the name of which I cannot remember), which proposed that there is a kind of universal shared knowledge.

The theory was that the first people to study a new kind of theory/knowledge would find it much more difficult than other people would after the initial studies. AND that the ease with which subsequent learning was made was possible, even if there was no direct/indirect communication between the early and subsequent groups under any medium of communication. The theory also proposed that the subsequent ease had less to do with improved explanation/didactic factors, than the fact that other humans had already understood the material.

Well there is the Global Consciousness Project.
http://global-mind.org

is that similar?

That sounds something like 100th monkey theory - the law of the critical mass.

Well there is the Global Consciousness Project.
http://global-mind.org

is that similar?
Not really. The GCP seems to search for effects of global emotional responses.

The theory, which was being researched perhaps 7 years ago was about how it is easier to learn something after anyone else anywhere in the world has already learnt it, than if you are the first to learn it.

The theory, which was being researched perhaps 7 years ago was about how it is easier to learn something after anyone else anywhere in the world has already learnt it, than if you are the first to learn it.

Ah!! I would like to see that study! Yes…and there are supposed synchronistic behaviors of discovery to take it a step further!

Here’s an article you may enjoy - http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/com/snap1.html (though the bit about DEVO is a bit out of place if you ask me…probably just a fan...haha)

Do you have more details on how it might work? Genetic transfer of knowledge or perhaps the fact that the base knowledge needed for discovery is more prominent so the discovery becomes more likely?

It's also interesting that there's a relationship between Portia and Scytodes. Portia is a jumping spider and Scytodes is a spitting spider. A Scytodes would normally be prey for a Portia, but Scytodes ability to spit venom coated webs like super strong, poisonous silly string would normally snare Portia in an instant.

However, in areas where Portia and Scytodes live near each other, the Portias have learned to attack when the Scytodes is carrying her eggs and therefore cannot spit without first dropping them, giving Portia an instant to pounce. Yet Portia who do not live near Scytodes do not know about the egg sac trick. The same species has different "knowledge" depending on where it was born.

It's also interesting that there's a relationship between Portia and Scytodes. Portia is a jumping spider and Scytodes is a spitting spider. A Scytodes would normally be prey for a Portia, but Scytodes ability to spit venom coated webs like super strong, poisonous silly string would normally snare Portia in an instant.

However, in areas where Portia and Scytodes live near each other, the Portias have learned to attack when the Scytodes is carrying her eggs and therefore cannot spit without first dropping them, giving Portia an instant to pounce. Yet Portia who do not live near Scytodes do not know about the egg sac trick. The same species has different "knowledge" depending on where it was born.

It’s amazing the knowledge that is passed on as what we consider “instinct”.
A group of scientists just proved that fears can be passed on from parent to offspring in mice, even in the case of artificial insemination into another non-fearing mouse.
It really makes one wonder how many irrational fears and anxieties are part of our genetic make-up? And then, what triggers them to become full-blown phobias?

Personally I wonder if the fact that my Mom’s Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer when I was in utero, and then she died the first year of my life effected me? - I honestly think it has something to do with the depression I have felt my entire life.

What did my Father’s experience in Vietnam pass to me? He was a Recon-Sargent, so he lead his men quite often behind enemy lines and I know he’s had to kill with his bare hands before. May he RIP.

Last edited:
It’s amazing the knowledge that is passed on as what we consider “instinct”.
A group of scientists just proved that fears can be passed on from parent to offspring in mice, even in the case of artificial insemination into another non-fearing mouse.
It really makes one wonder how many irrational fears and anxieties are part of our genetic make-up? And then, what triggers them to become full-blown phobias?

Personally I wonder if the my Mom’s Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer when I was in utero, and then she died the first year of my life - I honestly think it has something to do with the depression I have felt my entire life.

What did my Father’s experience in Vietnam pass to me? He was a Recon-Sargent, so he lead his men quite often behind enemy lines and I know he’s had to kill with his bare hands before. May he RIP.

It might even be more than instinct though.

Portias often hunt in ways that seem intelligent.[2] Their favorite prey appears to be web-building spiders between 10% and 200% of the Portia’s size. Portias look like leaf detritus caught in a web, and this is often enough to fool web-building spiders, which have poor eyesight.[2] When stalking web-building spiders, Portias try to make different patterns of vibrations in the web that aggressively mimic the struggle of a trapped insect or the courtship signals of a male spider, repeating any pattern that induces the intended prey to move towards the Portia.[3] Portia fimbriata has been observed to perform vibratory behavior for three days until the victim decided to investigate.[4] They time invasions of webs to coincide with light breezes that blur the vibrations their approach causes in the target's web; and they back off if the intended victim responds belligerently. Other jumping spiders take detours, but Portia is unusual in its readiness to use long detours that break visual contact.[3]
Female P. fimbriata in a web

Laboratory studies show that Portia learns very quickly how to overcome web-building spiders that neither it nor its ancestors would have met in the wild. Portia’s accurate visual recognition of potential prey is an important part of its hunting tactics. For example, in one part of the Philippines local Portia spiders attack from the rear against the very dangerous spitting spiders, which themselves hunt jumping spiders. This appears to be an instinctive behavior, as laboratory-reared Portias of this species do this the first time they encounter a spitting spider. On the other hand, they will use a head-on approach against spitting spiders that are carrying eggs. However, experiments that pitted Portias against "convincing" artificial spiders with arbitrary but consistent behavior patterns showed that Portia’s instinctive tactics are only starting points for a trial-and-error approach from which these spiders learn very quickly.[3] Nonetheless, they seem to be relatively slow "thinkers", as is to be expected since they solve tactical problems by using brains vastly smaller than those of mammalian predators.[2] Against other jumping spiders, which also have excellent vision, Portias may mimic fragments of leaf litter detritus. When close to biting range, Portias use different combat tactics against different prey spiders. On the other hand, when attacking unarmed prey such as flies, they simply stalk and rush,[5] and they also capture prey by means of sticky webs.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_(genus)

It might even be more than instinct though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portia_(genus)

Very interesting!
I don’t know if you read the Dune books but they talked quite extensively in one of the first three (can’t remember which) about how (I think it was Paul?) gained the ability to know the memories of his past ancestors, and had that combined knowledge.

Cool spiders!