Do you believe in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena…why or why not? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in ghosts and/or psychic phenomena…why or why not?

I don't know. I think if ghosts were real we would have more evidence of their existence. How many millions, possibly billions, of people have died in pain or with unfinished business and yet ghost sightings only occur with very particular conditions.

Reminds me of this:

[video=youtube;yv5DXZnFoX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5DXZnFoX0[/video]

I'm often scared of opening my eyes at night or in the shower or getting out of my bed to pee at night because something creepy might appear. Whether or not ghosts really exist, I am just as irrational as any other person out there, so whatever scared the crap out of them could potentially do the same thing to me. The only thing that consoles me is thinking that if something does come up, I will engage it in battle and defeat it.

Arent ghosts a fear related to mortality?
Take a person who believes in ghosts and houses similar fear to a supposedly haunted place and they will tell you of strange happenings. Take another person completely unconcerned with ghosts and or doesnt believe in them and they will report that nothing happened.

If something happens only in the mind, does it really happen?

What do you call seeing something others don't see? Perception?
images
I guess if we wanted to categorize it then we would need to what you saw that others did not see…if it was the spirit of the dead, then I would say that you have some abilities of a Medium possibly….but I also think that normal people see spirits once in a while too. (I like that cat pic btw)

Ahh....the Institute of Noetic Science. I've respected Dean Radin for years and years.

So have you ever used the Pendulum method for knowledge by asking yes or no questions?

I've begun using one in the last several months and last week had a really unusual experience. I always begin with asking Archangel Michael to be present with me to help provide clarity and guidance. Then I ask for my guides and higher self to be with my. Finally I ask that only guidance for my highest good be given. After it answered my question I felt love all around me...and I told them thank you and that I loved them. When I said that - the pendulum began to move in a small circle again. It always does that before answering and stopping. Since I hadn't asked it a question I became curious and asked out loud "do you love me"...and the pendulum began to move in ever widening circles. Mind you I am holding my arms in locked positions with the elbows pointing straight out so I can see if I'm moving my arms. Nope. Not moving. My eyes widened in amazement as the circles kept edging outward. Then I giggled....because a translucent opaque purple haze began to coalesce within the circle being described by the pendent.I watched this for a few rotations....then laughed out loud. The purple turned to translucent gold and a sphere began to form within the diameter of the circle. A ball of energy was floating there...
I stared in amazement until finally my arms began to hurt and I told them I had to stop.

Is this an example of what you're talking about?
That was not evidence of ghosts. It was an exercise developed for me by my guides. Total love was flowing in and through me. :love:
Yes…Dean Radin is a very interesting and brilliant guy!
And no, I haven’t tried using a pendulum…but I may just go pick on up or make one after reading what you wrote.
Science would tell you that your subconscious is making tiny, almost undetectable movements with you arm and hand…I cannot say for sure if that is how it works or not…I know that there is strong physical evidence that mind over matter exists….but is it your subconscious or your higher-self?…communicating with either one would have benefits.

The fact that people tend to think of any kind of "real evidence" as something scientific is quite ironic. The "taboos" of the scientific community were simply implemented to destroy as much countering opinions as possible, including religion. What is ironic about this is that SCIENCE IN ITSELF IS A RELIGION. Like all the faiths of the world, it is just another, more modern medium with which humanity attempts to describe the world. Just because science can be backed up by a series of mathematical equations doesn't mean it is more reliable than the whims of a deity.

Human beings are imperfect. So whoever is seeking for a "rational" explanation of the inexplicable (your ghosts, his phobia, their hallucinations) is really just wallowing in a sea of subjectivity. Even the word "rational" was conceived by a mind striving to describe.

We all know the limitations of language, even music (though it does seem to be the most accurate in conveying emotions). Such is the case with religion, to which science also belongs. Call it crazy, but no one in their right mind can rightfully give a brainchild of humanity the final word. Not religion. Not science. Because like its creators, it has its exceptions. And its faults. By believing in either one of these, we are not getting closer to the eradication of ignorance. We are simply creating FABRICATED REALITIES for ourselves. I warned you. Don't come running to me when Einstein's theory of relativity is crushed by yet another "breakthrough discovery." Seriously, people. Don't get ahead of yourselves. Stop weaving your own spider web wherein you will one day get caught in yourself.

Now as for my opinion of the supernatural. To me, it is a figment of the human mind, as well as a display of our imagination. Like religion (and science, if you still want to separate it), ghosts and psychic phenomena are a showdown of our subconscious creating a sub-reality. Call it daydreaming, hallucinating, prophesizing- or refer to it as something tangible. (Honestly, the imagination and the tangible are really not that far removed. For example, it takes a simple motion of the lips to create the argument we had imagined would play out).

Such things are especially prominent with things that we fear. It takes a simple exaggeration of the mind to give an almost tangible substance to our bad dreams, guilt, or to the spirits of the dead. "I think, therefore I am." Our thoughts our more powerful than you'd think. If you imagine, you can also create.

I don't believe in ghosts. But I believe in energy and atmosphere. Our thoughts/ brains emanate an electric/thermal energy that could sometimes result as interpreted acts of telekinesis, for example. Me and my peers have busted a couple of light bulbs in the heat of an argument without ever touching them.

Nothing is rational, because the term in itself is subjective. However, though I cannot say that I believe in tangible ghosts or phenomena, there is an energy- specifically that of the brain- that is sometimes capable of creating realities larger than life. Maybe it's a protective measure, a means of expression that, if withheld, would be destructive to our thought processes. In any case, it is given power in moments of intense emotional trauma.
I am still keeping an open mind on the subject of there actually being ghosts, that is, the spirits or energy of the dead…because I feel that we do indeed have a “spirit” within our body.
I find the exploding light bulb thing very curious! You said there was more than one?

And no, I haven’t tried using a pendulum…but I may just go pick on up or make one after reading what you wrote.
Science would tell you that your subconscious is making tiny, almost undetectable movements with you arm and hand…I cannot say for sure if that is how it works or not…I know that there is strong physical evidence that mind over matter exists….but is it your subconscious or your higher-self?…communicating with either one would have benefits.

Science would be wrong....because I tried to make that circle motion by moving my arms. Can't do it. It wobbles and swings in erratic random movements....not those smooth circles I've been seeing.

From the top down view I resemble a triangle. The trunk of my body is one point and each elbow are the other 2 points. The pendulum - an amethyst hanging from a chain - is held by thumb and forefinger of each hand.

I am communicating with my higher multidimensional Self. :love:

I was urged to try using some 'tools' like a pendulum to develop my intuition and confidence. So I developed a way of using my amethyst necklace and I also purchased a deck of tarot cards.

What do you think your subconscious is....but your multidimensional Self? It's also the Akashic records available to you. It's also your repressed memories of countless reincarnations. It's also the entire Universe.

Go down within...my young Jedi.

Reactions: Skarekrow
a09jdxo_460sa1r.gif

There is definitely a mind over matter thing going on,especially when you aree programming a pendulum to swing a certain way for certain answers. If a pendulum doesn't cooperate, then it's not for me. I have a theory I've spun in my a while. I learned in my pendulum class, that you can check your energy fields with one,and that your Electromagnetic field causes the pendulum to swing a certain way,depending on the state of it. So, I wonder if someone who was clairsentient,clairaudient,clairvoyant, etc would benefit more from allowing the pendulum to swing fron that appropriate chakra, as opposed to just using heart level. What do you guys think? [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

Also, yes it isn't to one's benefit to have the mind involved in this activity lol.

Science would be wrong....because I tried to make that circle motion by moving my arms. Can't do it. It wobbles and swings in erratic random movements....not those smooth circles I've been seeing.

From the top down view I resemble a triangle. The trunk of my body is one point and each elbow are the other 2 points. The pendulum - an amethyst hanging from a chain - is held by thumb and forefinger of each hand.

I am communicating with my higher multidimensional Self. :love:

I was urged to try using some 'tools' like a pendulum to develop my intuition and confidence. So I developed a way of using my amethyst necklace and I also purchased a deck of tarot cards.

What do you think your subconscious is....but your multidimensional Self? It's also the Akashic records available to you. It's also your repressed memories of countless reincarnations. It's also the entire Universe.

Go down within...my young Jedi.

Science is never "wrong". Science is a set of rules you use to come to a conclusion about how something truly is. So while the information you have to make these conclusions may change over time, the process does not.

:)

I do not believe in ghosts/paranormal because I have never had an experience. Everything in life has shown me that they do not exist. It's really hard for me to accept the experiences of others as proof because of how erroneous our own subjective minds are. I've mistaken something I thought was supernatural with a natural cause and once it clicked as to the reason behind the experience I felt incredibly silly afterwards. Majoring and having an interest in the sciences has made me a skeptic for sure, but I also believe there is more to reality than what we can observe or measure. Much of what I believe is merely belief based on experience and intuition. My wife's family claim to have seen ghosts. I think it is a trick of the mind, or perhaps I just lack that ability. I have had visions of the future and it has scared me somewhat when these visions have occurred, but I'm not convinced they are physic in nature. It could just be my subconscious putting patterns together for me and nothing more.

Reactions: endersgone
There is definitely a mind over matter thing going on,especially when you aree programming a pendulum to swing a certain way for certain answers. If a pendulum doesn't cooperate, then it's not for me. I have a theory I've spun in my a while. I learned in my pendulum class, that you can check your energy fields with one,and that your Electromagnetic field causes the pendulum to swing a certain way,depending on the state of it. So, I wonder if someone who was clairsentient,clairaudient,clairvoyant, etc would benefit more from allowing the pendulum to swing fron that appropriate chakra, as opposed to just using heart level. What do you guys think? @Kgal @Skarekrow

Also, yes it isn't to one's benefit to have the mind involved in this activity lol.

???

Help me wrap my mind around this idea you're talking about. It's interesting a pendulum could be programmed to swing a certain way. I didn't know that...

Are you suggesting based upon ability - clairsentient, clairaudient, and clairvoyant each stem from a particular chakra?

???

Help me wrap my mind around this idea you're talking about. It's interesting a pendulum could be programmed to swing a certain way. I didn't know that...

Are you suggesting based upon ability - clairsentient, clairaudient, and clairvoyant each stem from a particular chakra?
Yes, and on top of that, there is overlap. To my understanding, Clairsentience and some claircognizance arises from the Sacral and Solar Plexus chakras. Often times people do not like or what to hear what their gut feelings are telling them, so they succumb to pouring food and drink and sometimes drugs down in an attempt to muffle or silence the gut. People who are strongly clairsentient, empaths tebd to carry extra weight in the tummy because they're so sensitive, and don't know how to fully protect themselves energetically yet. Clairaudience stems from the throat and ear chakras. If one doesn't proces,speak or share the information they recieve, then they will have an increasingly harder time hearing in this manner until this issue is resolved. Also, your ears are a tell tale sign of how overall balanced you are. Clairvoyance comes from the Third Eye, and partially the sacral and crown chakra. When you advance development in this area, your Heart also begins to play a bigger role. (But honestly that's a whole other post lol). Claircognizance stems from the Crown and also from the Solar Plexus. People who are Claircognizant have a tendency towards headaches if this channel gets blocked.

Reactions: Kgal
[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

I experience internal clairaudience regularly and have experienced it externally a couple of times very clearly and on a lot of little 'what was that?' moments.

I didn't quite trust the internal voices since they sound so much like thoughts. I thought perhaps they were my own consciousness splitting off and acting as individuals.

However, it can't be 'me' because I don't know all of that and haven't learned it anywhere. The point is, my actual physical sense of hearing is easily my weakest sense by far.

I'd not really linked the two but the way you put it makes sense to me.

Reactions: Kgal
It was ages ago when I read an article talking about a method to test the authenticity of those claims from people who say their soul seeped out of the body in emergency room floating above their own body before they were rescued back to regain conciousness. The idea is to hang a board with characters/patterns half way near the ceiling in the emergency room so if really any soul float in the air it would be able to see the characters/patterns and hopefully it could remember what it had seen after it's brought back into the body.

All these years, I have been curious thinking if any hospital really tried with it and any authenticity has been proved to show soul does exist...

It was ages ago when I read an article talking about a method to test the authenticity of those claims from people who say their soul seeped out of the body in emergency room floating above their own body before they were rescued back to regain conciousness. The idea is to hang a board with characters/patterns half way near the ceiling in the emergency room so if really any soul float in the air it would be able to see the characters/patterns and hopefully it could remember what it had seen after it's brought back into the body.

All these years, I have been curious thinking if any hospital really tried with it and any authenticity has been proved to show soul does exist...

Yeah, I've heard of that.

Perhaps not. It would have to be an operating room that could also be used to test fizzy lifting drinks...hospital budgets don't usually account for such projects unless strictly necessary.

I don't know what I think about this. Part of me believes that all we are is electrical energy moving this way and that through our bodies and the universe. It's hard for me to believe those electrical impulses will maintain themselves in some form after death and actually remain on Earth. I do not believe there is some other plane that the energy suddenly crosses into, though. I am sure that energy expenditure has to go somewhere, but I just can't see it manifesting as an apparition or poltergeist. The ONLY way I can see something like that happening is if there is a violent push of that energy out of the body upon death (or maybe in life, who knows!) where it would be concentrated enough to be sensed by someone.

My mind just cannot bridge that gap. It just seems that if someone wants to be seen or felt when they don't have a physical vessel to transmit that energy there's nothing to hold it together, nothing to concentrate it, nothing to project it... Unless that energy stores itself in the physical surroundings in an environment and collects together when it wants to be seen, or suddenly draws together because of some magnetized energy brought on by individuals who come into its presence.

I think the whole ghosts go bump in the night idea or the idea that people would actually haunt a place after death is absolutely absurd. It just seems idiotic that someone would "haunt" something after passing through their physical life.

I think the whole ghosts go bump in the night idea or the idea that people would actually haunt a place after death is absolutely absurd. It just seems idiotic that someone would "haunt" something after passing through their physical life.

Could it be a case of being traumatised by life on earth?

The book 'The Great Divorce' explores this theme brilliantly! It's by C.S Lewis.

If we insist on keeping Hell (or even earth) we shall not see Heaven: if we accept Heaven we shall not be able to retain even the smallest and most intimate souvenirs of Hell.

A sum can be put right: but only by going back til you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on.

The choice of every lost soul can be expressed in the words "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven".

Don’t you remember on earth—there were things too hot to touch with your finger but you could drink them all right? Shame is like that. If you will accept it—if you will drink the cup to the bottom—you will find it very nourishing: but try to do anything else with it and it scalds.

I believe, to be sure, that any man who reaches Heaven will find that what he abandoned (even in plucking out his right eye) has not been lost: that the kernel of what he was really seeking even in his most depraved wishes will be there, beyond expectation, waiting for him in 'the High Countries'.

Just a few quotes from the book to give you an idea of the kind of feelings that may prompt a soul to dwell on their earthly existence after death and to be unable to move forward fully until these feelings have been dealt with properly.

I didn't quote any more of your post, interesting as it was, because it wouldn't do much good to start speaking about how the other plane may be different. All I think is that a sense of self remains until it allows itself to be abandoned for greater things or else becomes totally isolated by limited beliefs/thinking.

Yeah, i do have ghosts and most of paranormal phenomena as real. I've seen/perceived ghosts, playing Ouija, in my grandmother's house weird stuff happened, and not too long ago i've posted something in the Dream Interpretation thread about a ghost visiting me.

100% believe it.
100% believe that one day science will prove it.
200% believe that if I don't believe, I will be haunted.