Relationship with another INFJ? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Relationship with another INFJ?

Right now, I'm getting deeper in with an ENFJ, that has a lot of introverted qualities...that's not bad. We're just friends, but I could see where a romantic relationship would be possible with his personality...so if there was an INFJ that was a little extroverted, then I could see how I could be in a relationship with them.

I can't stand fellow J types in romantic situations. Having another INFJ (just as stubborn as me) would not bode well at all! I need a P to balance me out. I'm too much of an alpha personality and a control-freak. I like my laid-back IxxP men, thank you.

I'm almost with you, TK - although I think I could handle an extrovert, if he could handle my introversion. I love doers. I can be the ideas person, but I get frustrated if I'm with another ideas person who can't take things to the next level. Dreaming's fine, but doing's better if we're gonna get anywhere.

That, and I'd like someone I can balance. He balances me, I balance him, etc. But on the other hand, if he's the one for me and I him, type is secondary.

I only hope I can "go deep" with him, that's all. :p

We would often miss whole nights of sleep because we'd talked till stupid o'clock in the morning and it was pointless going to bed.

The most important thing for me was that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could trust her completely. There were no emotional head games. We could talk freely with each other, knowing that we would be understood, and would not be judged for anything we said.

If you know another INFJ I would strongly recommend giving it a try

Damn, I'm getting all nostalgic now. hold me

That sounds so nice. *happy sigh*.

While it's really impossible to say whether a relationship would work just based on types, I think an INFJ/INFJ relationship could work well, especially because we're so difficult for others to fully understand. The main reason here is that I think having a similar outlook on life is important in a relationship. I also think it's important to be understood by and to understand your partner. When two people are too different, this becomes difficult.

Just because two people are both INFJs, doesn't mean that they will be exactly the same at all - your MBTI type does not define who you are - It defines how you generally tick...What having the same type does mean though is that you're likely to have similar aspirations, goals, and ways of life - something that is vital if you're going to share your life with somebody else.

Also, I don't think it's that healthy to rely on your partner to make up for what you lack. This leads you both to become more unbalanced ... For example, as in introvert, I usually become more extroverted around other introverts and more introverted around other extroverts. When I dated an extrovert, it was easy for me to depend on him to speak for 'us' in social settings. Not good. I found our lifestyles wouldn't have matched in the long run either - Him needing a lot more social activity than I.

There's a lot of talk here about close friendships being possible - relationships in my opinion should be based on a close friendship... knowing somebody and connecting intimately can be very sexy.

Don't they say "Love is friendship set on fire"

Last edited:
Right now, I'm getting deeper in with an ENFJ, that has a lot of introverted qualities...that's not bad. We're just friends, but I could see where a romantic relationship would be possible with his personality...so if there was an INFJ that was a little extroverted, then I could see how I could be in a relationship with them.

Nnn, NOOOO!

No more ENFJs for me for awhile! I'm going on a strict, ENFJ diet. I know this would be generalizing, but the last two ENFJs have been the flakes and heart breakers. Could just be coincidence, but if you ate something twice in a row and got sick, you wouldn't go back anytome soon.

Oh and Gloomy, if you're talking about that guy in the snow picture, I'd say go for it. I can tell there is already chemistry between the two of you.

I would totally try a relationship with another INFJ. Actually, I'd go for a relationship with any type at this point. I don't know the types of most people that I know or meet anyway.

An infj and an infj together?

How do you think that relationship work out? I imagine that to some extent you would in a short time be able to swiftly spot out things you dislike about them because these are the faults you dislike within yourself on a daily basis. But then again you might be able to connect on a deeper level that you wouldn't with another type (provided you open up to each other). Infj are usually considerate to others and also tend to be sensitive to criticism. But then again we tend to think that we are right a lot and 2 conflicting opinions on grounds of things the infj holds deeply; might be a problem.:kiss:

I think it could work, the one thing i really look for in another person is for them to be not shallow, infjs seem to be pretty deep for the most part.

Okay, *Threads Merged*