Post your dreams! | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

Dreams

As I lay in bed last night getting ready to sleep, I thought about starting a thread on dreams and then I came to the forum this morning and found this! I loved your dream, Mayflow. Merrytree's also seemed very profound.

I've always thought of dreams as some kind of encrypted message from the subconscious and I dreamed vividly and often all my life until the stroke. Then they stopped suddenly--or at least my ability to remember them did. I really missed them and thought they were gone forever until I had to switch medications from lithium to Depakote, when I began remembering my dreams agan. I don't pretend to understand how that worked brain-wise, but I was so happy to have my dreams back, I didn't really care how it worked. I suspect the right hemisphere damage to my brain, which was extensive, and involved the temporal, parietal and frontal lobes, had something to do with it, but why the introduction of Depakote 15 years after the stroke would enable me to dream again, remains a mystery.

The codger (b/f) and I often have parallel dreams. For example, one night I dreamed that I heard he was marrying his ex-girlfriend the next day. It broke my heart and baffled me, even in the dream because I knew he didn't love her. It was a very vivid dream and I awoke feeling that kind of dream hangover where the dream seems to continue even after you're awake. When he got up, he told me he dreamed he was over at his ex-girlfriend's house doing some repairs for her and she kept coming on to him, basically chasing him around her condo trying to get him to come back to her. Weird, huh? And we've both had dreams on the same night that were clearly about his moving in here, which he's doing as soon as we get the house remodeled to make it big enough to fit another wheelchair and his dog. Our dreams were quite different, but both clearly were about our expectations and concerns over the move.

*Dream threads merged*

I had a dream I was being eaten by a shark.

Then I was drowning in a dirty river an my father dove in and saved me.

I had one dream where I was flying.

I like flying dreams.

:m192:

When I was a kid I'd have dreams that all my friends would become deities and I'd be left in a boring mortal state.

I used to keep a dream diary...most of my dreams were somewhere between prophetic/surreal and nightmarish. I used to have night terrors all the time up until recently. When I was little, I would be too afraid to go to sleep. I would wake up in a pool of sweat screaming at the top of my lungs without any air. So my mouth would be open, I would be trying to scream, but no sound would come out.

Used to frighten my boyfriend a great deal. Lately though, I've stopped having the night terrors.

I would recommend a dream diary for those having trouble remembering what they dreamt. Once you keep a dream diary for a couple of months, you'll train yourself to remember your dreams.

Used to do that actually, haven't done it in awhile.

I used to have sleep paralysis - that was *not* fun. I suffered from it for many years, and had it into my mid-20s. I found a way to overcome it, but it was tough for me.

Was in a graduation ceremony and they were congratulating us and also saying something about how our sports team had won some championship. Party like atmosphere and then we went to a gym for a free session. There was the head coach from the sports team there and sort of giving us a pep talk and he mentioned something about one special person who was yet to get an award but they had to wait to find the right person to give it to him. He said “His name is ‘Angel’”. I remembered they had mentioned something about this at the graduation ceremony as well. I was going to lift weights but it was so busy so I thought it’s only one evening so why don’t I just look around? I found this area where there was a girl who worked there and she was in something like a sleeping bag. I think she was there to play some sort of game with the regular paying customers. I just started talking with her about her life and job and stuff. I was under the impression that she was supposed to be there partly to be really attractive but she didn’t seem that real pretty and seemed a bit chubby as well, but we had a nice conversation. Then it was getting time for the place to close and she got out of the bag and was much more attractive than I had realized. She told me that sometimes there were 2 or 3 girls in the bags and they wouldn’t let them get out unless the “players” were allowed to win a certain amount of the time, so they had to sometimes pretend to be a little dumber than they actually were. As we were talking, she asked me if I had worked with models before because I seemed so good with them. I was a little flustered and said “Well I don’t usually go places” — This other girl who was also one of the graduates said “You don’t usually go places?” indicating that wherever I go is a place, so I said well I mean places like this. I nodded to the “model” and said “She knows what I mean”.
Then we started leaving, but the model said she had to go back for something and indicated for me to follow her. She dropped a stick of gum on the ground and was obvious she did it on purpose and I said “Well, that was pretty obvious” but I stooped down and picked it up for her anyway. As I did she reached for something and pulled it down from on top of something and handed it to me. It was an award of some type and I can’t remember what it said but it was very touching and I got all choked up and started crying because of how much it beautifully touched me. I remember only seeing the words “To Angel”
As I was leaving I saw two other of the girl workers leaving and it was snowy and slippery out and they were exuberant and playing and I thought they were driving way to fast and was worried for them, and one of them went directly off of the road into a snow bank and I started running to help but then I saw she wasn’t driving but actually skiing and she just went up the bank and made a jump. They sure were having fun.

That dream sounds like you really didn't want to wake up....

Last night I dreamt that I was having a baby for my sister and her future husband cause she couldn't carry one for whatever reason(she's not married right now so thats why I say future). Anyhow, we did the IVF and the embryo split into twins which somehow ended up to be a boy and girl (not possible medically). And I remember that my spouse was pissed about me carrying another mans baby, irregardless of the fact that it wasn't even my own. I was only the oven.

We also had a black and white terrier dog that gave birth to puppies from it's mouth. 17 of them in fact. I was the 'mid wife' and would catch them as she hacked them up, dry them off and gave them each a ribeye steak..... The dog also talked to me during the process.

Something is wrong with me! *chuckles*

Last night I dreamt that I was having a baby for my sister and her future husband cause she couldn't carry one for whatever reason(she's not married right now so thats why I say future). Anyhow, we did the IVF and the embryo split into twins which somehow ended up to be a boy and girl (not possible medically). And I remember that my spouse was pissed about me carrying another mans baby, irregardless of the fact that it wasn't even my own. I was only the oven.

We also had a black and white terrier dog that gave birth to puppies from it's mouth. 17 of them in fact. I was the 'mid wife' and would catch them as she hacked them up, dry them off and gave them each a ribeye steak..... The dog also talked to me during the process.

Something is wrong with me! *chuckles*

That is both facenating, and hilarious!

Yes.

But I won't Judge, I had a dream I had to re enroll into high school cause I was missing some P.E. credits, I ended up remembering all the reasons I hated High School, everything was there, the overcrowded classes, the teachers that judge you before you say anything. I remember I had to stay after class to pack my bag and I had sent the teacher a nasty E-Mail earlier, from the student Computers she had on the side of the class, and she checked her E-mail just as class was ending.

I was sweating like a pig, rushing to get all my stuff into my bag before she could figured out it was me. She didn't I left. Lucky dream me.

The second dream was a building I was in taken over by slave traders, I hid beneath some tools for safety, a few weeks passed and I made friends with a quiet slave who shared food with me till I could figure out away to get everyone out of the situation, another few weeks passed and everyone who was captured at the beginning of the dream who was healthy and fully clothed was at this point, basically only owned a pair of pants, held up by a thin rope, and looked half starved, unbathed or shaven, and just plain miserable. A black limousine pulled up, I don't know who was in it but I assume it wasn't good. I went to get a closer look but pushed over some tools, and she figured out that she missed someone all those weeks ago, and I was still in the area. The slave trader was about 5'10'' or 11'' and was pretty beefy for anyone, she was not a pretty lady. She found me and was about to assault me, but I beat her half to death, slamming her face into the limo hood ornament several times, her face was so deformed when I was done with her, I grabbed a gun from her hilt and handed it to one of the slaves, and after much hesitation asked him to shoot me. He did, and I woke up.

I do have a fair amout of dreams that I really don't want that much to wake up from.
They are just so beautiful and entwining - It's like they are so intensely (even if ephemorally) real. They are not always night time dreams either. I am really deeply in love with my Dreaming mind. I wake up from the dreams and I talk with other people and make my way in life and this is all fine and cool, but man, I LOVE Dreaming. It seems like a neat balance in a way, but I also know that one day this body will be gone. I wonder? Will my dreaming mind still remain? It seems sometimes like it is eternal and timeless and cannot be confined by notions such as life and death.

Last edited:
Dreamed I was in a large room. It was like an auditorium or basketball court. There were some of us sitting sort of in a circle around the perimeter on the floor, and we had all taken some kind of course together. There were some spectators in the stands too. I hadn’t gone to the meetings that the others had though. A teacher said we were all supposed to state our third highest goal. I thought “Oh-oh” I haven’t prepared for this! Then I thought maybe I wouldn’t have to since I hadn’t been to the other meetings.

I didn’t really pay any attention to what the others were saying. Then this one guy started talking from the other side of the room, but I couldn’t hear anything but a faint mumble. Someone next to him spoke up and said “Jim!” I am sitting right beside you and I can’t even hear you! So “Jim” tried to speak louder, but he really still didn’t. Then everyone had had their turn and I thought I was in the clear, but the teacher pointed at me and said “It’s your turn now!” BUSTED!

I walked partway out on the floor, as I know I don’t speak very loudly myself. I said I hadn’t prepared but then I just decided to wing it.

I said: “My first goal is Freedom. I mean Freedom in a psychological sense. Freedom in mind and freedom in emotions. Freedom in any and all circumstances and the ability to be as happy as possible in all circumstances.

My second goal (I started waving out towards the audience and sort of encircled my arm as if to give a hug to everyone) is to be able to share this Freedom with everyone else, both individually and collectively.

My third goal is truth and honesty. I know it may sound strange to make this a third goal, but I think that without the first two goals, this one would be shallow and only a shadow of what it can really be.”

There was a woman with short red hair in the stands quite close to where I was. Actually it was just her head there. She kept talking and babbling to one or two people beside her, and I turned to her and asked if she could please keep silent as she was distracting me from saying my thoughts. She didn’t pay any attention to my request and I turned to the crown again and said “And my 4th goal is to not become annoyed at petty things.”

Then I sat down and the woman was quite and everyone was quiet as could be as that was really the expected demeanor, but I had this soaring feeling that I was getting a lot of positive vibes and that some people felt like standing up and applauding and cheering.

Then the teacher gave us some sort gifts to signify our accomplishments in the class. I got something that looked a little bit like one of those really old irons that weren’t electric. It was a different sort of metal and very heavy, and the flat side was really really smooth and polished and shiny. Sort of silver with a touch of grey and of blue. It was engraved but hard to read because of it’s shininess. All I could see was the number 4. I was first worried I would have to go back and take the other 3 classes, but then realized that the 4 meant that I had graduated the 4th step.

I dreamed of this guy who was driving in a convertable car with the top down. It was like from around 1960 give or take a little, but in current times. He would drive by people and they wouldn't see him because they were busy trying to make a living or getting into more current interests. Then he would drive on because he seemed undaunted that current people couldn't recognize the beauties of the past while he himself wasn't held sway in either way, but enjoying it all and heading into the past and also into the future somehow simultaneously.

It seemed kinda weird because you hear it said to live in the now, but he seemd ignored by the now generation, like they couldn't even see him, and yet as I say, undaunted by sayings such as that.

There was something about him that really amazed me. He just so much was heading his own way. He seemed really really really old, and not able to keep up with the younger and newer. Funny, I think, but it was like that rabbit and turtle story where the rabbit kept running around in all it's energy, but the turtle kept the final goal in mind and won the race.

There was a point in the dream where I thought he should just give up the ghost (so to speak) because he couldn't keep up with the most modern ideas and all, but then there was this store that he went to and it was a modern store and it was closed for lack of business. He kept going there over and over and over again, and finally it came alive again, and he met this girl of his dreams there. It was like he would never give up even when everyone else would.

Then he was driving that old car again and came to a city where all traffic was stopped because of a snowstorm. It didn't daunt him either . He was freakin undauntable! He just drove right on through. Then he was following this car full of youthful and happy people and they had a modern car that was supposed to be fast. He stepped on the gas and Holy Mother, that thing was fast! He sort of grinned and let it slow down and spin and come to a halt. He layed out in the snow and I thought he was dead. Later, I saw him in his old car and he had the youths from the other car sitting in the back and they were on spring break in Florida.

It's like he was either defying or defining time, or maybe both. What I mean is that it was like the whole dream was talking about time, and kind of like saying that all time is in some sort of concurrent unity, and at the same time almost saying that time is itself an illusion of the ever-present mind. Anyone concur?

I'm actually a little bit embarassed to post this. But this was a dream I had about 11 months ago.

-----------------------
I am at a party, I meet a girl who I judge to possibly be an ISTP type, I think she's interesting and has a nice voice, but emits bad girl vibes. She shows me her cellular phone, which is reflective black and looks really nice. My parents and I are talking, they are encouraging me to collect some money that is owed to me by this really fancy chinese food place. So I leave the party.

On my way out, I run into this other woman, she apparently knows me and likes me a lot. Upon seeing me she gives me a big hug and tells me how she would love to be with me forever. She is attractive, but I barely know her except for the fact that I do have warm thoughts towards her, but I tell her that No, this can't happen. I reject it because while its freely given, and not what I wanted at all.

So I get back into my red car and leave.

I walk closer to this place by the lake, its an old building. And on the building are some markings that say ??? (I forget the exact word now, but I know it had significance in the dreamscape), but when I look closer it says ??? 72, I go in and enter the place. It is full of hippies and I am one of them. I start having tantric sex with one of the females, there is no genital contact, but we are in each others laps, shifting position in a lovemaking manner -- it feels amazing. I realize early on that I need to go to the bathroom, and try to hold it in, but am unable to do so. Feeling embarassed, I get up to find the bathroom.

I look around the building, I see many different floors around a central staircase, the building has an open layout and the rooms are all makeshift with dividers such as small walls and sheets among the rooms and the building itself looks a little disheveled. I go into one of the rooms to ask some of the occupants where the bathroom is. None are able to help, but one comes along with me and we visit the coat check. I notice a ringing on the ground and notice the ISTP girls cellphone, so I flip it open and hear her voice through it, showing it to my companion and thinking warm thoughts before putting it back in her coat.

I leave the building and am on a long dock that juts out almost to the center of a narrow lake that seems to expand infinitely far in one direction. There is another detached dock which is held to the lake on stilts and I jump over a boat and get onto that dock.

A boat approaches in the distance, and I see this really attractive wealthy looking woman on it. She seems like some sort of NT, but she is beautiful, with a thin, elegant facial structure -- seems intelligent, and has amazing green eyes. As the boat pulls up, I dive over it, headfirst into the water, sinking to the bottom and touching the ground before resurfacing. When I resurface, I notice that the water is flowing, slowly pushing me back towards the dock.

So I get on the woman's boat and we go out a little ways. I dive once again, this time deeper, touching the bottom. When I notice moving bubbles, its like i'm in a river and am moving very quickly, pulled by the current. I struggle to resurface and notice she is doing the same. As we break the surface, the dock comes at us extremely fast. The woman says something like "In 5 seconds, you will be mine for a lifetime" as we hold onto each other. With only a small margin for error, I grab the dock with my free arm and we stop, she then grabs onto one of the poles under the dock with her free arm.
----------------------------------

I dreamt I carried a sword and was a samauri. But I kept saying, "The sword is not for attacking." Meh.

I dreamt of woman's hair braided very elaborately. It lasted minutes and i studied the intricacies of the hair over and over again until not a detail was missed.

I dreamt of woman's hair braided very elaborately. It lasted minutes and i studied the intricacies of the hair over and over again until not a detail was missed.
Hair signifies growth and power.
I've read that in Tantric Oriental traditions, undoing hair is a way to access forces of destruction and creation.
The texture and style are important, too. Elaborate and intricate? Maybe it means you are going to grow stronger in your powers of perception and notice the finer more beautiful things commonly missed.

I dreamt I carried a sword and was a samauri. But I kept saying, "The sword is not for attacking." Meh.

I may have quoted ths before, but it reminds me of this:

Mighty Bodhisattva Warriors

The Bodhisattva is the mightiest of warriors, but his enemies are not the common foes of flesh and bone.

His fight is with inner delusions, the afflictions of self-cherishing and ego grasping, those most terrible of demons that catch living beings in the snare of confusion and cause them forever to wander in pain, frustration, and sorrow.

His mission is to harm ignorance and delusion, never living beings; these he looks upon with kindness, patience, and empathy, cherishing them like a mother cherishes her only child.

He is the real hero, calmly facing any hardship in order to bring happiness and liberation to the world.

– The 13th Dalai Lama

Thanks May.
I was actually comforted reading that because it makes sense in relation to the dream.. I've recently had a series of people and situations enter my life in which I am left feeling utterly confused and lost.