Post your dreams! | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

Has anyone fell in love with someone exclusive to dream only to lose them when you wake, or have them die before the dream ends?

Hey Silently Honest,

I've had that experience before actually---there was an instance where I did meet someone in my dreams, I was actually engaged to be married with that person. Although it was arranged, I submitted to it and actually found comfort in it. I was actually happy...

But then, I woke up...hahaha. Very strange dream

I had a really interesting dream the other night. It was a zombie apocalypse dream (ye-e-s, I dreamt about zombies!), with a twist: The zombie "disease" could only be transmuted by the opposite sex. So the dream started out with Simon Pegg and a gorgeous blonde woman (Simon Pegg should've been the warning...), and she was suddenly choking for some reason, and this white froth was coming out of her mouth. When he went over to ask if she was all right, she spit the froth on his face and in his mouth, and...yeah. He became a zombie.

It was always a beautiful woman zombitizing the men, though, and the men weren't that pretty looking. So in my dream I'm either running from zombie people (oh, they weren't pretty after they became zombies, trust me) or I was trying to stop guys from being so gullible from these zombie women, spreading their zombie froth. It's like part of the zombie curse was to spread the "froth", they had to be beautiful first.

But yeah. A lot of me running around, trying not to get caught, and then realizing the epidemic was only happening in one town and I needed to get to authorities in another town so they could stop it...etc.

Go figure.:m194:

I always have dreams about shadow people-- once when i was pregnant-i wa s taking a nap and then I was in a lucid state- and started to float around my house checking things out- then I wanted to go outside and fly around and just as I 'm about to leave through the window I look back at myself on the bed and in the corner of my room is this dark shadowy figure looking at me lying on the bed- I feel so terrified, and he is there to take my baby from my body-- I get sucked back immediatly into my body-- only thing is I have returned backwards in my own skin and I'm screaming and can't open my eyes or turn myself around and this shadowy figure is now breathing against my ear and it actually feels like his form is enveloping me, then I actually have to tell myself to stop screaming and just take a deep breath-when I do,I have righted myself in my skin and can open my eyes-- as they open ,the figure is slipping out the window but is still looking at me-- that was dreamed about ten years ago and it is still with me--

Last edited:
I don't dream much anymore. I used to have recurrent dreams of my teeth falling off, being chased after by suited people and running and running on and on to lose them or hide from them, moving into nice new houses.

wow!! last night I dreamt I killed a bunch of people in the most horrendous ways!!! (almost like nny haha!! >:) ) I think the plot was that I died and then revived and I just seeked revenge for the people I now knew the truth about ( that had harmed me), so I kelled the all!!!!. at first I was in a camping thing and started killing people. then I missed the bus :( and they released a giant mutant monkey. the guard of the place knew I was the killer and released the monkey for that. he kind of hurted the monkey so, in it's final action, the monkey killed him for me. then I was in a building and killed someone by sweaping it's brains with a stick, then this person jumped accidentally out of the window.(the most interesting thing was that everyone was looking for the killer and they never found out I was it, though it was kind of obvious. also, it was like a need. like I had to kill at least once a day, even though I was in danger of being discovered)

I dreamt last night that I was a refugee with some people I know (mix of friends and acquaintences).

We were hiding out in this different dimension or something totally bizarre. the dreamscape was brown and orange, with a lot of geometric shapes everywhere.

Anyway, I realized I had to go back to my apartment and pick up some things. In this dimension we were at, it was possible to pick up a box or open up a book and there would be a portal back to the regular world. So with the help of some people I opened up a box and crawled through and found myself coming out of the oven of my apartment.

As I feared, someone NEW was living in my apartment, but he had some sort of comprehension issues and was relatively harmless. I thought we would have to get into a fight or something but I just convinced him everything was normal just by talking. I am such a cooking dork I guess I had to go back and pick up my spice kit because where we were hiding we weren't cooking very good food and I wanted to practice my cooking....

how banal/ridiculous??

I dream about animals, usually. In the most recent and vivid, I lived in a cottage in the woods and fed my table scraps to a stray bear. The bear started coming around regularly and eventually let me play with it like a kitten would have. It never attacked me, but whenever I had visitors it would eat them. My mom and brother told me I had to kill the bear or I would be alone forever, and so the next day the bear come to the door and wanted to play, I killed it.

I usually tend to block out the memory of my dreams. They are never ever happy ones. Sometimes though, they can be quite interesting.

Dreams

Dreamed I went to pay a bill and when they took the money, they gave me a stamp that I could cash in for a nickel. Then they said that it seemed silly so they would just cash it in. Then two of them got this card and said, but maybe they could give me of these other things instead and were discussing giving me $200,000 or $880,000 or maybe something else. I wasn't sure if they were serious or just yanking my chain. Then for some reason it seemed like they were sort of holding me prisoner. There were others there that seemed in a similar situation, and the place was pretty crazy. I remember one young boy started hugging me and following me around and when I put my arm around him he just sort of curled up and purred like a happy kitten. There was someone who was kind of like the mother of the whole place and she indicated that she liked me and was going to make sure I got some good food and a cold beer. She said she would sort of disguise it so the others wouldn't know I was getting special treatment. I didn't know whether to believe her or not either, but I was hungry and it did sound nice. Then I went up towards the front office/entrance area and there were some Special Forces soldiers there so I thought they were there to bust the place - but then it came to me that they were actually being imprisoned as well. One guy was talking about getting away, but they said it really didn’t matter because all the towns and villages around were really no different anyway, and would be indifferent to them. Then there was a guy trying to drive away but there was a sort of moat and the car went down and he got up and was running for it. The boy was there and yelled for the man to go for it and seemed happy that he was trying to escape.

Somewhere along the line it occurred to me that I could just raise up and fly away, and so I did and it was easy and effortless. I flew around for a while and flew back through the same area but everything was gone now except for a couple of people just cleaning up the trash. I playfully flew by one and grabbed a piece of trash from his hand and he looked shocked, and I tossed it into the trash can for him and smiled and waved goodbye. Then I was in a chariot and this girl was pulling it and she was running down the road at about 70 MPH and not even really trying. She was saying something about people would be surprised at all she can do and she said "Do you know why? It's because I have a good imagination" - I couldn't argue with that! And I told her that I loved her. Then everything stopped and was perfectly still. I wasn't sure what to think. It was so quiet and peaceful. Then I decided to rise up and fly again and I thought that there are really limitless places I can go and visit and do and enjoy, and really nothing can hold and imprison me.

Then I was in a chariot and this girl was pulling it and she was running down the road at about 70 MPH and not even really trying. She was saying something about people would be surprised at all she can do and she said "Do you know why? It's because I have a good imagination" - I couldn't argue with that! And I told her that I loved her. Then everything stopped and was perfectly still.

Profound.. I don't know why..just resonates. Dylanesque..

Profound.. I don't know why..just resonates. Dylanesque..

Hey, thanks. Also thanks to whoever gave this a 5 star rating. It was a dream I really enjoyed. I love dreaming and what that dreaming mind can come up with sometimes just astounds me. I work on staying in that semi-lucid/semi-dreaming state just to watch it and be amazed. I suppose that dreaming mind is my right brain hemishere?* I also totally love flying in dreams. I used to have a lot more difficulty doing that but it seems to get easier and easier. Anyways, I am so happy if you and or others may have resonated with a part of it. :happy:

*I think that Indigo's video got to me on this. That live human brain thing was so cool.

http://forum.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=2055&highlight=stroke

I have no idea what hemisphere is the home of the dreaming mind. haha. I try to remember mine as much as possible, and I usually do in great detail. Recently, I've been dreaming about music, actually hearing pleasing music while I sleep... The most hilariously profound dream I've had to date consisted of me being a little cartoon sparrow, flying around in a clear sky singing a little bird song with the song "Danke Shoen" playing in the background. But the other night I dreamt of music playing in a board room where I was in a meeting with this eccentric executive guy who kept telling me my assignment was to: "Be happy." Kinda cheesy dreams but I love them nonetheless.

I have no idea what hemisphere is the home of the dreaming mind. haha. I try to remember mine as much as possible, and I usually do in great detail. Recently, I've been dreaming about music, actually hearing pleasing music while I sleep... The most hilariously profound dream I've had to date consisted of me being a little cartoon sparrow, flying around in a clear sky singing a little bird song with the song "Danke Shoen" playing in the background. But the other night I dreamt of music playing in a board room where I was in a meeting with this eccentric executive guy who kept telling me my assignment was to: "Be happy." Kinda cheesy dreams but I love them nonetheless.

O no. I don't think that is really cheesy at all, and what a GREAT assignment!

I seldom hear or smell in my dreams.

Oh my God I had the most prophetic dream. Tell me if it makes any sense to you.

It was like, I was at school and everything and it was really hot and disgusting. Like it just felt bad. Then all of a sudden it transformed to somewhere beautiful. It was like New York in the fall, the leaves were gone from the trees. And my mom was sitting in a circle of really old women that looked quite successful. My mom introduced them to me and they were very very excited to meet me. Then they were asking me all these questions. Smiling after every answer. They asked me what I wanted to be when I got older? I took your advice and said "I want to write." They smiled warmly, then they said "Where do you want to go to college?" I said "I don't know, somewhere in the Northeast?" Then one lady smiled and assured me "We'll get you there." Like no tone of sarcasm or cutesy laughter in her voice. Like the real deal. Then I was sitting around with them uncomfortable, then I remember hearing my mom saying she was going to leave, and then I looked back for her and saw her walk away, but wasn't too scared and stuff. Then at the end, everything went blank and this song played: <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSDu73XlB78&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HSDu73XlB78&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The breakdown at least. I hope it opens up. But yes, this entire song is just about letting failures keep you down but overcoming them.

I don't know, do you think this is a sign? From what I've taken from the way it made me feel is that I will get to that point, and will become a great successful writer. And it'll make me really uncomfortable but it's where I'm destined to be. Like I'm a little scared of it right now (hence my mom taking me to that point), but I'll get there and be happy about it once I get my alone time. And I'll be in New York because it had an East Coast feel. And the song at the end, being one of my favorite songs, just cemented everything.