Post your dreams! | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

Thanks merry...that makes a great deal of sense to me..

I was sick today so I stayed home from work. I took a nap in the afternoon (probably headed to bed after I post this too!) and had this dream that I was in a woody and forested area. I was in a big parking lot, the type you'd find if you went camping in a national park or something. There were all these huge SUVs and trucks. I was in one of them. It seemed as if there were families or people in the other SUVs. I was behind the driver's seat of one and looked off in the distance and saw a staircase carved into a large hill. I knew that that stair case led somewhere wonderful.

I got out of the SUV and made a dash for the stairs. I started running up the stairs. As I was nearing the top, I looked behind me and saw this woman chasing me, with blonde hair. She looked like Sharon Stone I think? She had a hat on was wearing camping gear. She was smiling at me and asking why I was leaving the parking lot. I was really frightened of her. I thought that if she caught me, she was going to drag me back down to the SUVs and not let me escape.

I got to the top of the hill and started throwing rocks at her, anything I could find. I kept missing, and she got to the top. She turned into this demon. Somehow, I was able to find a place to hide. Then I woke up.

I thought it might be an analogy for the way I feel in my life right now -- my own expectations about what I should be doing with myself are maybe keeping me from being totally free, something along those lines.

whew....strange one last night...I dreamt I was in one of those serial killer like movies where you end up in some backwoods town and everyone kills newcomers and its like a game...I was not a serial killer, i was one of the victims trying to run away and watched three people get their heads cut off then i woke up....

I dreamt of cocoons, caterpillars, and the elderly. haha! I vividly remember the contrast of texture in the caterpillars' skin and the skin of the elderly. Hmmm now I know that's gotta mean something.

I had a dream that I rode my 3 year old's tricycle to work... I was holding up a huge line of traffic as I was actually cycling in the road, but no one said anything and just passed as they needed.

Then I got pulled over by a cop and he asked me if my tricycle had been registered yet, and I said no, but instead of giving me a ticket, he told me to be careful and let me go with a warning.

I laughed a lot after I woke up.

Then I had another dream that I was aware of a premeditated attack on my family, but I was trapped in some house. A couple of my friends (people I've never met), came to my rescue, but they were dwarfs and the people attacking were two full size men and a very cracked out lady. They tossed my dwarf friends around like they were dolls, and then I was all alone with them closing in on me.

I didn't laugh so much after that one.

Just woke from a dream where I was on vacation with my roomie/partner and my b/f. Roomie/partner and I explored new neighborhoods in our wheelchairs but we somehow got separated. I wasn't worried because I knew where she was staying and that I could find her there. The ground was covered with soft pine needles and few rocks so I could walkk barefoot. I left my wheelchair behind at some point, though I don't remember getting out of it. A lot of people in this place had beautiful German Shepher dogs, all friendly, but one dog--though he looked like a German Shepherd--was actually a different breed and quite territorial and I unintentionally began walking over his farm, taking a shortcut to get where I was going. He began to nibble at my fingers but his mistress restrained him.

It began to rain softly and I took pure joy in running on the soft ground through the soft, warm rain. I met a family and talked to them for a long time, though I felt they really didn't like me as much as they seemed to. They offered me some food that looked good but tasted terrible and I sensed they resented my eating it. I began to help them clear away their meal to make up for being such an unwelcome guest.

At around this point the boy I loved--we were both young--showed up. The family really liked him and were easier with me after that. It was time for us to leave but I couldn't find my wheelchair anywhere. The boy and I both looked for it, though we kept getting distracted by our love and would start kissing, only to lose our balance ad be reminded we needed the wheelchair to sit in.

I often walk or run or walk in my dreams, though I'm always aware I normally use a wheelchair for mobility. Still, the memory of moving my body in that way is always a joy, though I don't wake up longing for it anymore.

....Mine was quite strange I dont even know where to start...I was on a black beach with black sand and black rocks. I ran through the water and in the water instead of silt or sand or rocks there were jagged cylindrical objects cutting my feet as I ran. Though I couldnt feel them cutting my foot.
Next thing I know I was looking down upon the black beach with its black buildings and some one drove a bright blue mini cooper into the water. Purposely it seemed.
Next I was pressed up against a jagged rock at the edge of the black beach being smacked around by some nefarious so and so...then my phone rang...:( So I was awake

My father has 'prophetic' type dreams -- he says that when he sees someone in a dream, he will eventually meet them in real life. I find this interesting, because I met 3 women in the dream I previously posted -- never having seen either of them before. Should I be hopeful? Perhaps.

I dreamt of strangling a dwarf like person...:m075:

A nightmare last night.

My dreams are "told" like movies. So I see myself in the third person, as if a camera is looking at me as opposed to through my eyes.

ANYWAY, my dream was playing out like a commercial. A girl from France was talking about how much she loved this particular state. Taglines ran across the "screen" as she spoke, and pictures of this state flashed up behind her as she talked. It was like watching a commercial ad. There were several "scenes" with her riding on a horse, kayaking, etc. And she finished up with a stupid smile and some ridiculous hook phrase.

Next up was me. And I was going to do my "act" for New Mexico. There wasn't a camera on me, per se, but somehow I knew I had to do just as good as the French girl.

So I'm talking about the landscape. The "screen" flashes a picture of a cliff while I talk, then moves back to where I'm standing in the desert. I step on a scorpion-looking-lizard. It's little stinger gets stuck in my toe and I casually flick the thing away. I smile and continue talking--the show must go on.

Banners are running across my face. Cheesy music is playing in the background. I take another step and end up stepping on another lizard-scorpion thing. (This animal is purely fictional...lizards don't have stingers) and I try to play it off like before. I kick my foot, but this one has its stinger deep in my toe. I shake my foot again, this time in panic, I can't falter in front of the "camera!" I grimace, smile, try inconspicuously shaking my foot behind me but it's no good. And then all at once I'm seized with this unimaginable pain in my foot.

I scream and look down. The lizard-scorpion thing is biting my toes, twisting and contorting--thus wrenching it's stinger deeper into my big toe. Blood is bubbling out of my toe--a neon red color.

At this point I forget about the "commercial" and try to pry the thing off of my foot, but it won't budge. To my horror, this lizard is biting off my toes and chewing on them. It spits the severed toe on the ground and attacks the next toe while I fall down screaming.

The ground is wet from all this blood spurting out from my foot. I'm kicking my legs, trying to grope away. And seriously, the pain was unimaginable. At some point I realize that this lizard is venomous because I begin to feel like I'm hallucinating. I see a moon in the sky although it's in the middle of the afternoon. I see a trailer driving upside down over the horizon. I hear kids laughing but I don't see any kids nearby.

Finally, I realize I'm dreaming. At this point my dream has reached such absurdity I try to wake myself up. I try calling my bf's name, I try to move. Then sleep paralysis kicks in and I start panicking. I think I screamed myself awake. I was covered in sweat.

Oddly enough, when I looked over at my bf, it appeared he was having a nightmare too. He was twitching violently and moaning in his sleep. And in an instant he's awake and we're both blinking at each other in the dark.

Talk about...weird!

I was partially asleep and partially awake and practicing flying. I could get up to the ceiling but not through it at first, but as my conscious mind receded further, I was finally able to get through and flew a few blocks and landed on a rooftop that seemed somehow familiar like I

I had a dream someone I know tried to kill me.

We were on a school trip to someones moldy basement, I was carrying an empty glass in my hand. He knocked into me a dropped it, it broke, I got mad and started bitching at him. Then I broke his favorite pocket mirror and he got real mad, slammed me against the wall, and started sofocating me. Then I passed out in the dream and woke up in real life.

I had another dream were I was at home eating pop tarts. That was a nice one.

Ever had a dream while you were awake kind of and ended up having a hallucination.

Like I hallucinated a naked old man was in my room.

The scariest dream I ever had was one when I was getting swallowed whole by a shark.

Last edited:
I had a dream that I rode my 3 year old's tricycle to work... I was holding up a huge line of traffic as I was actually cycling in the road, but no one said anything and just passed as they needed.

Then I got pulled over by a cop and he asked me if my tricycle had been registered yet, and I said no, but instead of giving me a ticket, he told me to be careful and let me go with a warning.

I laughed a lot after I woke up.

Then I had another dream that I was aware of a premeditated attack on my family, but I was trapped in some house. A couple of my friends (people I've never met), came to my rescue, but they were dwarfs and the people attacking were two full size men and a very cracked out lady. They tossed my dwarf friends around like they were dolls, and then I was all alone with them closing in on me.

I didn't laugh so much after that one.

Your dreams are hilarious, I even laughed at the second one, though it doesn't sound like it was very fun to have.

Deja vue and all that stuff. I had those school dreams a lot at one time and they don't make any sense in some ways. I didn't skip school and I always (not counting first grade) got really good grades, but I still had those dreams! I can really identify with the deer themes, though.

MFAni-1.gif

I had dream about teeth last Saturday. I know dreams about teeth are supposed to be significant, but the little I was able to find skimming the internet on Sunday didn't seem to fit. I'd love any insight.

My recollection of the dream joins in as a girl I went to high school with is taking a hammer and first pounding her teeth from the front (I thought she was trying to straighten them), but then switching and pounding them from the backside. I recall feeling very frightened because I thought all the pounding back and forth of her teeth would loosen them to the point they would fall out. Now my awareness in the dream switches to my own mouth and I'm aware it's full of blood, mucus and teeth. I'm feeling panicky because I'm afraid I'm going to choke on it all.

There was more before and after this, but this is the part that seemed most clear to me upon wakening. I've now lost the rest of the dream. Oh, there was something like a canopy bed off to the back right of the scene while I was watching the girl pound on her teeth and in my recollection it's purpose was a sitting place for the sharing of some story before the girl began going away at her teeth. Other than that, I'm blank on the rest of the dream.

Any interpretations to offer?

I had dream about teeth last Saturday. I know dreams about teeth are supposed to be significant, but the little I was able to find skimming the internet on Sunday didn't seem to fit. I'd love any insight.

My recollection of the dream joins in as a girl I went to high school with is taking a hammer and first pounding her teeth from the front (I thought she was trying to straighten them), but then switching and pounding them from the backside. I recall feeling very frightened because I thought all the pounding back and forth of her teeth would loosen them to the point they would fall out. Now my awareness in the dream switches to my own mouth and I'm aware it's full of blood, mucus and teeth. I'm feeling panicky because I'm afraid I'm going to choke on it all.

There was more before and after this, but this is the part that seemed most clear to me upon wakening. I've now lost the rest of the dream. Oh, there was something like a canopy bed off to the back right of the scene while I was watching the girl pound on her teeth and in my recollection it's purpose was a sitting place for the sharing of some story before the girl began going away at her teeth. Other than that, I'm blank on the rest of the dream.

Hi Tovlo!!
I used to dream of teeth all the time.. When I looked into what it could mean, I found that dreams of teeth signify an aspect of control. When you lose your teeth, it means you are afraid of losing control over something or it signifies feelings of powerlessness. It's interesting that you watched the girl hammer her own teeth, and then felt it in yourself. I'm not really sure what to think about that. I will guess and say that you take on the concerns of others on your shoulders. Maybe you feel overwhelmed handling other people's problems? I'm not sure.

Here is how I would see it. The girl in the dream is you. The teeth thing is about taking in and digesting ideas and thoughts. You are looking or getting them pounded into you from one direction and then another. You don't know what to make of all these conflicting thoughts or approaches to thinking. You want to go back to before you felt these internal conflicts and were just a girl sharing ideas and stories. Close?

Hi Tovlo!!
I used to dream of teeth all the time.. When I looked into what it could mean, I found that dreams of teeth signify an aspect of control. When you lose your teeth, it means you are afraid of losing control over something or it signifies feelings of powerlessness. It's interesting that you watched the girl hammer her own teeth, and then felt it in yourself. I'm not really sure what to think about that. I will guess and say that you take on the concerns of others on your shoulders. Maybe you feel overwhelmed handling other people's problems? I'm not sure.

I definitely think it has to do with feelings of powerlessness. I hadn't considered the aspect of taking on others concerns as my own, but once you say it, I can see it like it's been all mapped out in the description. I had thought it had to do with worry about meeting expectations at work, and as I contemplate, I can see how it relates. I'm definitely going to ponder this. Thank you for offering your dream analysis, merrytrees.

Eeep

You know I've had multiple dreams were my teeth were falling out come and think on it.

Anyways did this chick mean something to you, was there something significant about her? Whats your feeling on the teeth? What do teeth in general mean to you?

*Assumes a Dr. Phil expression*:m090::m078::m204::m072: