Post your dreams! | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

"My Teeth Are Falling"
Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumble in your hands, fall out one by one with just a light tap, grow crooked or rot. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

here's somewhat of an interpretation for your dream
Needle
To use a needle in your dream, indicates that you need to mend some relationship or situation that has gotten out of hand or driven to the extreme. A needle is also symbolic of some emotional or physical pain.

Mango
To see or eat a mango in your dream, symbolizes fertility, sexual desires, and lust. Alternatively, the mango may also be a pun to mean "man go" in reference to a relationship in which you should let go and move on.

Eating
To dream that you are eating alone, signifies loss, loneliness, and depression. You may feel rejected, excluded, and cut off from social/family ties. Eating may be a replacement for companionship and provide a form of comfort. Alternatively, eating alone may reflect independent needs. Also consider the pun, "what's eating you up?" in reference to anxiety that you may be feeling.
To dream that you are eating with others, signifies harmony, intimacy, merriness, prosperous undertakings, personal gain, and/or joyous spirits.

To dream that someone clears away the food before you finish eating, foretells that you will have problems and issues from those beneath your or dependent upon you.

Friend
To see friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge these rejected aspects of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news.

woah
cool.
Some of it made a lot of sense. Where did you get this? did you study psychoanylsasis? I gotta start learning me some of this :D

I had a dream/nightmare recently that I was going bald. It scared the hell out of me.

Dreams

In my typical dreams I am hardly ever my self, I dream in color, and often have the ability to taste, smell, and feel. My friends tell me they don't dream in color, but maybe they forget. It's funny you mention mango as sensual because for me being very allergic it has been a very foreboding element in a few of my dreams.

In my dream Kirk and McCoy met for the first time, and I observed the meeting. The new actors were in it, and my dream self thought they did a decent job portraying the characters, and that it was too bad DeForrest wasn't alive to see it.

What was the meeting like?

What was the meeting like?

It was AWESOME. :D Seriously - they were in a bar, and McCoy introduced Kirk to Romulan ale. Then as the liquor loosened their tongues they talked about their pasts and shared what prompted them to get into Star Fleet (McCoy was pining over a recently painful divorce, Kirk had an adventurous spirit, etc). They bonded as friends, but then they had to stop a shape shifter from destroying the new Enterprise.

Man, my brain. I swear. Sometimes it's just fun to watch the dream. Better'n TV!

I always dream in color, and sometimes it's as vivid as a movie (see above). I've heard not everyone dreams in color, however.

You can find dream interpretation websites on the Net: http://www.dreammoods.com/ but I prefer to interpret them myself without the website aid, unless I get stuck.

I always dream in color, and sometimes it's as vivid as a movie (see above). I've heard not everyone dreams in color, however.

You can find dream interpretation websites on the Net: http://www.dreammoods.com/ but I prefer to interpret them myself without the website aid, unless I get stuck.

So what was the Star trek dream about do you think?

So what was the Star trek dream about do you think?

I think it was just pure fun.:D I'm anticipating the movie, I'm psyched for it, and I used to be a hard core fan back in the day (Trek was my very first fandom, and I used to write HORRIBLE Trek fan fiction before I even knew what fan fiction was. Me, a little ten-eleven-twelve year old trying to understand newtonian physics, because I wanted to write fanfiction for a space show...crazy.

So, I don't see it as odd that the dream formed. I don't think it served any special purpose, really - except that I'm obsessed about the movie. :m037:

Now later on the dream took on some interesting turns, but I can't remember those now.

It was AWESOME. :D Seriously - they were in a bar, and McCoy introduced Kirk to Romulan ale. Then as the liquor loosened their tongues they talked about their pasts and shared what prompted them to get into Star Fleet (McCoy was pining over a recently painful divorce, Kirk had an adventurous spirit, etc). They bonded as friends, but then they had to stop a shape shifter from destroying the new Enterprise.
Now they had better have something that good in the movie! :pop2:

Thanks a lot for setting me up for major disappointment :(

I think it was just pure fun.:D I'm anticipating the movie, I'm psyched for it, and I used to be a hard core fan back in the day (Trek was my very first fandom, and I used to write HORRIBLE Trek fan fiction before I even knew what fan fiction was. Me, a little ten-eleven-twelve year old trying to understand newtonian physics, because I wanted to write fanfiction for a space show...crazy.

So, I don't see it as odd that the dream formed. I don't think it served any special purpose, really - except that I'm obsessed about the movie. :m037:

Now later on the dream took on some interesting turns, but I can't remember those now.

Sounds like a thumpin good time, the most fun eye ever had in me dreams is when I turned into jello. Then their was the one were I flew....awesome.

Now they had better have something that good in the movie! :pop2:

Thanks a lot for setting me up for major disappointment :(

LOL! If it's any consolation, the relatively very few people who have seen it have said good/glowing things about it. And they were hard core Trekkers. So who knows? Maybe it'll be better than my dream....

*Crosses fingers*

Sounds like a thumpin good time, the most fun eye ever had in me dreams is when I turned into jello. Then their was the one were I flew....awesome.

I love my flying dreams, but sometimes they can be difficult. Sometimes I fly too high and can't get back down - or I suddenly realize I can't fly and I plummet to the ground (which are other interpretations in themselves).

Usually if I remember my dreams it's something apocalyptic. The apocalyptic/tornado dreams usually happen when I'm under stress and I feel as if my world is coming apart (hence the apocalypse). But every once in a while I'll have a dream and I know it's about the future. And it comes true. Those dreams happen less often though.

LOL! If it's any consolation, the relatively very few people who have seen it have said good/glowing things about it. And they were hard core Trekkers. So who knows? Maybe it'll be better than my dream....

*Crosses fingers*

Ooh, where did you find (spoiler-free) reviews?

Ooh, where did you find (spoiler-free) reviews?

Aheh. The first page or so of Harry Knowles' Aint it Cool News has the event in Austin (where Leonard Nimoy showed up). I didn't read far enough to see if he mentioned the spoilers, but Knowles seriously geeked OUT: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40683

Caution, it might contain small spoilers later on in the article.

Last edited:
another strange/cool dream yesterday night. 4 mini dreams in totall IIRC.

I'm sitting at home ( a high rise ), and look out my window and balcony. suddenly, a swarm of dragonflies start flying in my direction and fly over my building into the distance. As the dragonflies are still flying over head, a group of griffin like birds also start flying towards my direction and overhead. Riding them are a few people who look like their gonna pee i their pants any moment. Some griffins are ridden by 2 people, some by 1. One of the riders lose control and land on my balcony. Cant rem the rest of this scene.

Next scene, I'm riding on top of a car holding a hangglider on top of me. I remember saying that I was going hang gliding and was going to make it a hobby in my school for some reason. Next thing I knew, I jumped off a high rise ( not mine ) and glided over the city. dam nice view in my dream i might add.

suddenly, I'm investigating a murder. Cant really remember much of this 1.

the last one was my family and I were going to see plants in a nursery. When we enter, the people there say there is a toll for entering and my father passes them my glasses for some reason as payment. we look around ( I can see without my specs ) and then leave. Not sure why, but after we leave, I return to there alone and adjust my specs in their mirror. The next thing I know, two guys are running towards me and look like their gonna attack me. One of them had I weapon IIRC. anyway, I start running but they are hot on my tail. So I stopped and waited for them to attack me and I counter with Krav. they have no experience in martial arts or fighting systems so I easily break one of their arms and knock the other cold.

Thats all I can remember.

I had a dream last night where I noticed my dad's fingernails were painted black. He told me it was representation of his long time spirituality. He turned over his right hand and showed me a reddish line on the palm of his hand. He described it as his "lifeline" and it went roughly along the same place on the palm the crease referred to as the lifeline in palm reading is, but it wasn't the natural lifeline. It was rather a scar or a tattoo. He said that he'd had that for a long time (I had a sense it was back before I was born when he was in the navy, but I don't think he said that in the dream). It represented his spirituality unnoticed by others for all those years, but now the black painted fingernails were an expression of that spirituality. My emotional experience of the revelation was very positive. I felt happy, curious, safe, and protected by the revelation.

My actual non-dream life dad grew up Lutheran (as I did), but was never a very religious person. He has not attended church for 30 or more years other than for funerals or other social reasons. I don't have any sense he has any negative experience of church, but my sense is he has no personal interest in it either. He seems respectful of the religious experience of others. This Easter he called and during the conversation asked if I had gone to church. When I said no he sounded concerned, but I turned it around on him and asked casually if he had gone. He quickly said "no" and dropped it. :) I don't think he was nagging me, but rather knew how important Church had been in my life recently and was concerned about the change in my behavior. My best guess as to his type is that he's ExFJ. I think likely ESFJ, but the N/S is unclear.

This dream might not have anything to do with my actual father, but might rather be representative in some way of my own recent break with organized spirituality and my desire for a spiritual place to rest.

I have a kind of hazy and vague sense of what the dream might mean to me, but the last time I posted a dream, the insights offered really helped me clarify my sense. Any thoughts on potential meaning?

Wow, that was interesting to dig through. Fair warning, I know nothing. I just pulled out key ideas from your dream and looked up typical dream definitions and then noted a really consistent theme running through it all.

Here's what I saw. It seems there is some change happening in your life that is both freeing and frightening. At some level you don't feel totally in control of what's happening and at times you feel you won't be able to master it, but in the end you face the challenge.

So, enough time has passed since you posted to have some sense of how this life situation may be resolving for you. How have things in your life been going, if you feel like sharing?

This dream might not have anything to do with my actual father, but might rather be representative in some way of my own recent break with organized spirituality and my desire for a spiritual place to rest.

Maybe the presence of your dad in your dream had less to do with him and more to do with A spiritual father.

Telling you that it was ok to change? Or sommat?

I had a dream last night where I noticed my dad's fingernails were painted black. He told me it was representation of his long time spirituality. He turned over his right hand and showed me a reddish line on the palm of his hand. He described it as his "lifeline" and it went roughly along the same place on the palm the crease referred to as the lifeline in palm reading is, but it wasn't the natural lifeline. It was rather a scar or a tattoo. He said that he'd had that for a long time (I had a sense it was back before I was born when he was in the navy, but I don't think he said that in the dream). It represented his spirituality unnoticed by others for all those years, but now the black painted fingernails were an expression of that spirituality. My emotional experience of the revelation was very positive. I felt happy, curious, safe, and protected by the revelation.

My actual non-dream life dad grew up Lutheran (as I did), but was never a very religious person. He has not attended church for 30 or more years other than for funerals or other social reasons. I don't have any sense he has any negative experience of church, but my sense is he has no personal interest in it either. He seems respectful of the religious experience of others. This Easter he called and during the conversation asked if I had gone to church. When I said no he sounded concerned, but I turned it around on him and asked casually if he had gone. He quickly said "no" and dropped it. :) I don't think he was nagging me, but rather knew how important Church had been in my life recently and was concerned about the change in my behavior. My best guess as to his type is that he's ExFJ. I think likely ESFJ, but the N/S is unclear.

I have a kind of hazy and vague sense of what the dream might mean to me, but the last time I posted a dream, the insights offered really helped me clarify my sense. Any thoughts on potential meaning?

The dream may or may not have had anything to do with your father's spirituality. I'm betting it's all about you, though. The Father represents authority or protection. Fingers represent your handle on things in your life, and fingernails are a sign of being on defense.

Maybe it signifies that you have begun to take control of your own beliefs and heal from your own past wounds through your own brand of spirituality?? I suggest this because Palmistry represents one knowing how they want to live their life, or what they want. Scars signify past wounds not healed. Black represents the unknown, and when one dreams of black and the tone of the dream is positive, black means divine qualities or spirituality.