Post your dreams! | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Post your dreams!

Ok. There seems to be a theme in my recent dreams. Something about marriage. It's not on my mind, it's not anywhere near in my future.. But I have been reading The Whole Woman by Germaine Greer, and I suspect this may have something to do with it...

Dream 1:

My best friend or sister (not specified, just very close female) is getting married. She enlists me to be her wedding photographer. She decides that for her wedding, she wants to be married as a bug. So her and her husband morph into bugs. She is this beautiful white moth and he turns into an irridescent golden beatle. So I'm up at the alter with the groom, who is a beetle, trying to photograph him before the moth bride makes her way down the aisle. He's perched on this roman pillar sort of thing and he keeps flying around. I manage to get a few really nice photographs of him. He takes of flying around. People are still settling into their seats. I start freaking out because: He's lost his mind, he's got the mind of a beetle now! He's going to get stepped on! What a dumb idea the bride had. Sure brides have dumb ideas on how they want their 'special day' but this is ridiculous!' Those were my dream thoughts before I woke up.

Dream 2:

I'm married, I have a daughter and I cannot find my husband anywhere. It's not that I suspect that he's being unfaithful, it's just that there happens to be some sort of catastrophe ensuing. So I meet up with a group of other women with children searching for their men..

There is this waxy sand rain coming down. It coats your skin. If you get too much on your skin, it paralyzes you and kills you because what you are actually coated with is formaldyhide. So you're running, you get coated by this chemical rain, you freeze, die, and are instantly preserved.

The women and I find a giant tinfoil sheet and we're holding it over all of our heads running between the ruins of a city. We're talking to each other and saying things like: "Is it aliens or the government doing this?"

The end.
I'm working on deciphering it.

Ok. There seems to be a theme in my recent dreams. Something about marriage. It's not on my mind, it's not anywhere near in my future.. But I have been reading The Whole Woman by Germaine Greer, and I suspect this may have something to do with it...

Dream 1:

My best friend or sister (not specified, just very close female) is getting married. She enlists me to be her wedding photographer. She decides that for her wedding, she wants to be married as a bug. So her and her husband morph into bugs. She is this beautiful white moth and he turns into an irridescent golden beatle. So I'm up at the alter with the groom, who is a beetle, trying to photograph him before the moth bride makes her way down the aisle. He's perched on this roman pillar sort of thing and he keeps flying around. I manage to get a few really nice photographs of him. He takes of flying around. People are still settling into their seats. I start freaking out because: He's lost his mind, he's got the mind of a beetle now! He's going to get stepped on! What a dumb idea the bride had. Sure brides have dumb ideas on how they want their 'special day' but this is ridiculous!' Those were my dream thoughts before I woke up.

Dream 2:

I'm married, I have a daughter and I cannot find my husband anywhere. It's not that I suspect that he's being unfaithful, it's just that there happens to be some sort of catastrophe ensuing. So I meet up with a group of other women with children searching for their men..

There is this waxy sand rain coming down. It coats your skin. If you get too much on your skin, it paralyzes you and kills you because what you are actually coated with is formaldyhide. So you're running, you get coated by this chemical rain, you freeze, die, and are instantly preserved.

The women and I find a giant tinfoil sheet and we're holding it over all of our heads running between the ruins of a city. We're talking to each other and saying things like: "Is it aliens or the government doing this?"

The end.
I'm working on deciphering it.

I've not read the book you mention (though I may soon, now that I know about it), but I think it very likely that your dreams have something to do with contemplations about the roles of femininity and masculinity in society.

My boyfriend, aeon here, listened to me read him your dreams and said there was so much symbolism he was overwhelmed. I'll try to share just a little of what he said as best I can, but I'm also encouraging him to post because I'm sure he'll say it more clearly.

In your first dream he noted two different cultural mythologies that had strong feminine and masculine elements. The white moth, or luna, in Roman mythology has strong ties to femininity. In Egyptian mythology the scarab, particularly the golden color, is tied to ideas of war and fighting, typically considered masculine qualities. He found it of interest that the scarab was sitting on a roman pillar.

In the second dream he saw the end of non-sustainable, patriarchal, society. The reason the men were missing was the same reason the city was in decay. The previous system had come to an end. (I asked him to remind me all he said on the second dream and typed while he spoke so I wouldn't mess it up :wink: )

He said so much more on both dreams, and it was fascinating insight, so hopefully he'll post. I'm fairly sure on the first one I haven't got what he said fully right either.

Last edited:
I've not read the book you mention (though I may soon, now that I know about it), but I think it very likely that your dreams have something to do with contemplations about the roles of femininity and masculinity in society.

My boyfriend, aeon here, listened to me read him your dreams and said there was so much symbolism he was overwhelmed. I'll try to share just a little of what he said as best I can, but I'm also encouraging him to post because I'm sure he'll say it more clearly.

In your first dream he noted two different cultural mythologies that had strong feminine and masculine elements. The white moth, or luna, in Roman mythology has strong ties to femininity. In Egyptian mythology the scarab, particularly the golden color, is tied to ideas of war and fighting, typically considered masculine qualities. He found it of interest that the scarab was sitting on a roman pillar.

In the second dream he saw the end of non-sustainable, patriarchal, society. The reason the men were missing was the same reason the city was in decay. The previous system had come to an end. (I asked him to remind me all he said on the second dream and typed while he spoke so I wouldn't mess it up :wink: )

He said so much more on both dreams, and it was fascinating insight, so hopefully he'll post. I'm fairly sure on the first one I haven't got what he said fully right either.
Ah! I hope he'll post!! Thanks for taking the time to consider and analyze my dreams, tovlo! I'd say I'm certainly concerned with gender roles lately... I've been reading about them and also taking note of them manifesting themselves in my current relationship. So it's all been on my mind.

I was carrying a video camera in mine. I didn't see it when I was filming, I can't remember what I was filming... But when I came to rewatch it during editing, I saw that I had caught an INTP girl from perth on it. I was sitting there watching here and she was looking to a side, after a bit she turned with that sealed off INTP glance. I came back later while filming and I caught her again, this time she smiled at me more.

Later on in the dream I saw her friend who I once hit on (a /co/mrade and /b/tard) standing there naked rubbing her hands down her waist and abs, looking down and glancing at me out the corner of her eyes. And all I could see was her body with my INTP female friends face.

Dream 1:

I noticed a few ironies in your symbols. The man who becomes an iridescent, gold beetle is exalted and diminished at the same time. The golden shell and the freedom to fly about is countered by his lost mind and his vulnerability to get "stepped on". There isn't as much focus on the woman, but it is interesting that they both transform into flying creatures which seem to symbolize a freedom of sorts, but are also diminished to bugs which are associated with a complete loss of self or individuality. The roman pillar struck me as implying a kind of timelessness. It made me think this is the way it has always been. There is something sinister about the appearance of such uniqueness and beauty of the wedding resulting in the diminishing of the people into bugs. I see the concept of individuality being a potentially core concept in this dream.

I was carrying a video camera in mine. I didn't see it when I was filming, I can't remember what I was filming... But when I came to rewatch it during editing, I saw that I had caught an INTP girl from perth on it. I was sitting there watching here and she was looking to a side, after a bit she turned with that sealed off INTP glance. I came back later while filming and I caught her again, this time she smiled at me more.

Later on in the dream I saw her friend who I once hit on (a /co/mrade and /b/tard) standing there naked rubbing her hands down her waist and abs, looking down and glancing at me out the corner of her eyes. And all I could see was her body with my INTP female friends face.
Something interesting in this dream is the contrast of open and closed. The first woman "turned with that sealed off INTP glance". The second woman is naked and has been hit on. It sounds like the contrast of open vs. closed, distance vs. intimacy is something you may be trying to resolve. The camera is an important symbol, but I'm not certain how it plays in except that it also brings the two opposites together.

Last edited:
I noticed a few ironies in your symbols. The man who becomes an iridescent, gold beetle is exalted and diminished at the same time. The golden shell and the freedom to fly about is countered by his lost mind and his vulnerability to get "stepped on". There isn't as much focus on the woman, but it is interesting that they both transform into flying creatures which seem to symbolize a freedom of sorts, but are also diminished to bugs which are associated with a complete loss of self or individuality. The roman pillar struck me as implying a kind of timelessness. It made me think this is the way it has always been. There is something sinister about the appearance of such uniqueness and beauty of the wedding resulting in the diminishing of the people into bugs. I see the concept of individuality being a potentially core concept in this dream.
Wow. Damn. You're good. I wondered about the ironies myself. But you put it very well. I think you got it right-on..

I had a dream last night where I noticed my dad's fingernails were painted black. He told me it was representation of his long time spirituality. He turned over his right hand and showed me a reddish line on the palm of his hand. He described it as his "lifeline" and it went roughly along the same place on the palm the crease referred to as the lifeline in palm reading is, but it wasn't the natural lifeline. It was rather a scar or a tattoo. He said that he'd had that for a long time (I had a sense it was back before I was born when he was in the navy, but I don't think he said that in the dream). It represented his spirituality unnoticed by others for all those years, but now the black painted fingernails were an expression of that spirituality. My emotional experience of the revelation was very positive. I felt happy, curious, safe, and protected by the revelation.
This is a fascinating dream and escapes me somewhat, but i still noticed a few things. The idea of natural or unnatural comes up with the description of his "lifeline" not falling along the natural marks in his palm and the fingernails painted black. There is also the suggestion that these unnatural symbols have a positive result. His lifeline is long, and the painted fingernails provide a sense of "protection". The symbol of the fingernails is interesting because they protect the tips of the fingers. The fingers and hands are also an effective symbol for the things that we do, our actions. The color black must mean something. It can be a symbol for the unknown. There is a protection from the unknown.

Two core concepts I read are the natural vs. unnatural, and associating a sense of protection with the unnatural symbol. My inclination is to think the concept of religion might be at its core and this dream a way of resolving what role religion might play in a person's life.

lucifer said:
Maybe the presence of your dad in your dream had less to do with him and more to do with A spiritual father.

Telling you that it was ok to change? Or sommat?

Maybe it signifies that you have begun to take control of your own beliefs and heal from your own past wounds through your own brand of spirituality??

I suggest this because Palmistry represents one knowing how they want to live their life, or what they want. Scars signify past wounds not healed. Black represents the unknown, and when one dreams of black and the tone of the dream is positive, black means divine qualities or spirituality.

I think the two of you may have done it again. In writing response to your thoughts, I realized how afraid I have been of moving outside the Christian box. The voices living in that box send echoing warnings of error and death to me that I fear. Disoriented by that sound, I can't move.

I think maybe the dream was offering me an image of protection in my father to encourage me and alleviate that sense of insecurity a little. I was allowed to feel in my dream a sense of affirmation for where I'm headed. In the dream my current spiritual trail felt less treacherous.

This is a fascinating dream and escapes me somewhat, but i still noticed a few things. The idea of natural or unnatural comes up with the description of his "lifeline" not falling along the natural marks in his palm and the fingernails painted black. There is also the suggestion that these unnatural symbols have a positive result. His lifeline is long, and the painted fingernails provide a sense of "protection". The symbol of the fingernails is interesting because they protect the tips of the fingers. The fingers and hands are also an effective symbol for the things that we do, our actions. The color black must mean something. It can be a symbol for the unknown. There is a protection from the unknown.

Two core concepts I read are the natural vs. unnatural, and associating a sense of protection with the unnatural symbol. My inclination is to think the concept of religion might be at its core and this dream a way of resolving what role religion might play in a person's life.

I think you pulled out some different ideas that I had not noticed, but that still very much fall in line with what I'm beginning to see.

Thank you all for commenting. It does feel vulnerable to share dreams and you've each been so kind and sensitive to what I don't even fully understand.

I'm an avid photographer and video recorder. There is no symbolism besides I want to fuck both of them, and I like taking videos.

I had a dream last night where I noticed my dad's fingernails were painted black. He told me it was representation of his long time spirituality. He turned over his right hand and showed me a reddish line on the palm of his hand. He described it as his "lifeline" and it went roughly along the same place on the palm the crease referred to as the lifeline in palm reading is, but it wasn't the natural lifeline. It was rather a scar or a tattoo. He said that he'd had that for a long time (I had a sense it was back before I was born when he was in the navy, but I don't think he said that in the dream). It represented his spirituality unnoticed by others for all those years, but now the black painted fingernails were an expression of that spirituality. My emotional experience of the revelation was very positive. I felt happy, curious, safe, and protected by the revelation.

My actual non-dream life dad grew up Lutheran (as I did), but was never a very religious person. He has not attended church for 30 or more years other than for funerals or other social reasons. I don't have any sense he has any negative experience of church, but my sense is he has no personal interest in it either. He seems respectful of the religious experience of others. This Easter he called and during the conversation asked if I had gone to church. When I said no he sounded concerned, but I turned it around on him and asked casually if he had gone. He quickly said "no" and dropped it. :) I don't think he was nagging me, but rather knew how important Church had been in my life recently and was concerned about the change in my behavior. My best guess as to his type is that he's ExFJ. I think likely ESFJ, but the N/S is unclear.

This dream might not have anything to do with my actual father, but might rather be representative in some way of my own recent break with organized spirituality and my desire for a spiritual place to rest.

I have a kind of hazy and vague sense of what the dream might mean to me, but the last time I posted a dream, the insights offered really helped me clarify my sense. Any thoughts on potential meaning?

I think it possible your experience on Easter Sunday with your phone conversation had been on your mind a bit since then. I think your love for each other had you to dream about it. Your questioning of your Father's going to church, I feel, had the dream come to you. His spirituality is important to the two of you, so his explanation with a show on his physical self in a physical manner(which, I feel, is important to you) was there for your comfort and security. It gave you comfort knowing he was still spiritual, while giving you security with your own choices. I think it rather significant he showed you it was there for a long time, though possibly unnoticed by most. He wanted you to have assurance you were a part of his lifeline, the red possibly signifying bloodline. I feel he has carried his love for you many years and was trying to share his utmost concern for you in the dream. His hands did help to raise you.
Mind you, I do not know of dream interpretations. I have not read books or studied it. I sometimes find pieces of my feelings or things on my mind in my dreams. Just my thoughts...
The Father part had me to respond, as I lost my blood Father many years ago. We ended our last brief visit with a handshake.

Last edited:
I think it possible your experience on Easter Sunday with your phone conversation had been on your mind a bit since then. I think your love for each other had you to dream about it. Your questioning of your Father's going to church, I feel, had the dream come to you. His spirituality is important to the two of you, so his explanation with a show on his physical self in a physical manner(which, I feel, is important to you) was there for your comfort and security. It gave you comfort knowing he was still spiritual, while giving you security with your own choices. I think it rather significant he showed you it was there for a long time, though possibly unnoticed by most. He wanted you to have assurance you were a part of his lifeline, the red possibly signifying bloodline. I feel he has carried his love for you many years and was trying to share his utmost concern for you in the dream. His hands did help to raise you.
Mind you, I do not know of dream interpretations. I have not read books or studied it. I sometimes find pieces of my feelings or things on my mind in my dreams. Just my thoughts...
The Father part had me to respond, as I lost my blood Father many years ago. We ended our last brief visit with a handshake.

just me,

You pulled out some new things I do think are very significant. The part about the mark being there for a long time, but unnoticed. I think it may have something to do with my actual dad, his spirituality, and how that relates to my own.

Thank you for your thoughts.

i dream every night non stop some of the more momorable ones i had
-fell in love with maralyn manson
-fell in love with a jocky
-numerous dreams about metallica gigs

Last edited:
I don't dream very often but I had one recently where I was stirred awake by my best friend who was (surprisingly) laying in bed next to me and he was simply requesting I hand him a pair of moccasins. I had my pair on... but still, groggily, I passed him a duplicate pair.
I'm somewhat familiar with my best bud appearing since he's been away across seas for five months. The only other dream was after a month of his absence and we simply sat on a picnic bench in my backyard, eating sandwiches and catching up.
I don't know if it means anything beyond just missing the guy. :m142:

I dreamt of laying in bed while these strange white and red centipede like creatures crawled all over me and monks cleaned my room. I wasn't terrified, just a little grossed out and the monks were kindly enough.
WTF?

I guess I'll reveal my deep dark secrets in the following dream I had last night.

I headed off to the grocery store in my "usual" form of transportation which was a Gocart. Someone from my work insisted I borrow their car, and I felt uneasy because I didn't want to dent it or something. When I got inside the store I was so hungry and needed to buy lunch, but wanted something healthy since I'm trying to lose 10lbs. There was a display with enormous bananas. They were probably three feet long. I knew I could never finish a whole bunch and so I took just one. I had started eating it when I went through the cashier's line. She charged me $4.99 and she put an additional $4.00 in my savings account, so she took $8.99 of what I had. I was shocked. She said one banana is the same price as a whole bunch. I knew she was only following some rule and didn't want to give her trouble, but I was rather stressed about it. I realized I shouldn't be and tried to calm myself down, but it didn't work. On my way out I saw a smaller bunch for $2.50 on the top of a TV display about 20 feet in the air. I climbed up, almost knocked the TV off, but managed to grab my nice little bunch of bananas. I was about to go and try to exchange the one I had for these, but the store closed down and everything turned black. I decided to just steal the little nanners. I then tried to find the borrowed car and got lost.

The feeling the dream gave me was frustration, shock, and a little stress.

I guess I'll reveal my deep dark secrets in the following dream I had last night.

I headed off to the grocery store in my "usual" form of transportation which was a Gocart. Someone from my work insisted I borrow their car, and I felt uneasy because I didn't want to dent it or something. When I got inside the store I was so hungry and needed to buy lunch, but wanted something healthy since I'm trying to lose 10lbs. There was a display with enormous bananas. They were probably three feet long. I knew I could never finish a whole bunch and so I took just one. I had started eating it when I went through the cashier's line. She charged me $4.99 and she put an additional $4.00 in my savings account, so she took $8.99 of what I had. I was shocked. She said one banana is the same price as a whole bunch. I knew she was only following some rule and didn't want to give her trouble, but I was rather stressed about it. I realized I shouldn't be and tried to calm myself down, but it didn't work. On my way out I saw a smaller bunch for $2.50 on the top of a TV display about 20 feet in the air. I climbed up, almost knocked the TV off, but managed to grab my nice little bunch of bananas. I was about to go and try to exchange the one I had for these, but the store closed down and everything turned black. I decided to just steal the little nanners. I then tried to find the borrowed car and got lost.

The feeling the dream gave me was frustration, shock, and a little stress.

Couuuuld be sexual...I need to think about it a bit more.

Couuuuld be sexual...I need to think about it a bit more.
Yeah, but than again sometimes a banana is just a banana. It could be though. I've had much frustration in that area through most of my life. It has something to do with changing and/or limited resources though, so it might be about my career as well. Alot changed for me in the past year. I got divorced and moved a couple thousand miles away. It was all kind of shocking although not exactly unexpected. It's still new enough that I occasionally wake up out of grogginess with a sharp anxiety attack and disorientation about where I am and what happened. Then I replay it all in FF in about five seconds.

Feel free to analyze anything however it comes to you. It won't bother me. We're all anonymous here.
:m092:

Last edited:
Yeah, but than again sometimes a banana is just a banana. It could be though. I've had much frustration in that area through most of my life. It has something to do with changing and/or limited resources though, so it might be about my career as well. Alot changed for me in the past year. I got divorced and moved a couple thousand miles away. It was all kind of shocking although not exactly unexpected. It's still new enough that I occasionally wake up out of grogginess with a sharp anxiety attack and disorientation about where I am and what happened. Then I replay it all in FF in about five seconds.

Here's what I'm thinking: It all depends on what the banana represents for you. If the banana represents your dreams and goals, it could mean that you feel your dreams are just out of reach and that the only way you might obtain them is to do something out of your character (something illegal). The banana could represent repressed sexual feelings, in which you don't feel satisfied with what's going on in your life and you're willing to settle on someone you don't really want. Or the bananas could mean something else...I'll see if I come up with anything new.

Getting lost or not finding your ride could mean you can't find your way towards your dreams and goals, and you feel that the ways you've chosen have failed you.

Last edited:
Here's what I'm thinking: It all depends on what the banana represents for you. If the banana represents your dreams and goals, it could mean that you feel your dreams are just out of reach and that the only way you might obtain them is to do something out of your character (something illegal). The banana could represent repressed sexual feelings, in which you don't feel satisfied with what's going on in your life and you're willing to settle on someone you don't really want. Or the bananas could mean something else...I'll see if I come up with anything new.

Getting lost or not finding your ride could mean you can't find your way towards your dreams and goals, and you feel that the ways you've chosen have failed you.
Interesting. There are parts of what you say here that I think fit. I have been reduced to the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs lately. The main issue with my new relationship is that we have to be apart for a few months due to employment and financial needs. I have mostly given up on a lot of my dreams and it has given me a significant creative block.

Last edited: