Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Woman: No

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Man: Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Man: No

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Ah, based on this, my sense is I have been misunderstood.

When I said "I am not special," I did not mean to communicate that I think I am not in possession of qualities that are of worth. Indeed, I quite agree with you that it is amazing to witness a human being in full display of their potential - perhaps one of the most compelling and awe-inspiring things ever.

That said, when I said "I am not special," I did mean to say that there is nothing unique about me as it regards suffering - everybody hurts as an essential aspect of what it is to be human.

In that, I am like everyone else. As it concerns our gifts, yea indeed, we're more than special - each and every one of us is unique in our own way.

cheers,
Ian

My bad, thank you for correcting me. Its just I see too many people say they aren't special in a negative fashion.
Sometimes Its hard for me to read the intention behind people's posts here. I'll get there someday.

Reactions: aeon
I think other people would have a tough time being me... but if they were actually me, maybe they wouldn't eh? =P

If you think you could handle living a good portion of your life in a hospital and in a hell of a lot of pain questioning whether you'll live to see the next day, never being able to walk your whole life... along with dealing with a lot of heartbreaking deaths of loved family and friends... well you'd be alright being me. It's not been terrible, I've done and seen a lot of amazing things along the way.

Last edited:
I think other people would have a tough time being me... but if they were actually me, maybe they wouldn't eh? =P

If you think you could handle living a good portion of your life in a hospital and in a hell of a lot of pain questioning whether you'll live to see the next day, never being able to walk your whole life... along with dealing with a lot of heartbreaking deaths of loved family and friends... well you'd be alright being me. It's not been terrible, I've done and seen a lot of amazing things along the way.

That sounds pretty though to me, and I thought I had it rough.
Mine sounds like a walk in the park compared to this.
I've gotta go and experience some more pain so I can relate.

I wouldn't say its particularly easy.

There are a lot of factors.

If you can get used to not sleeping, it wouldn't be terribly hard to be me. I've gone through a lot of shit, and I'm sure I have a lot shit to still go through, but we all do. I have no problem being me, I just hate what I'm going through at times.

1 word. misunderstood

That sounds pretty though to me, and I thought I had it rough.
Mine sounds like a walk in the park compared to this.
I've gotta go and experience some more pain so I can relate.

Everyone's difficulties are relatable I think. There's no competition or anything. Maybe what you feel/have felt difficulty-wise is far greater than anything I've ever experienced, who am I to say? They are your struggles.

And it's like I was saying, it sounds like some heavy shit to some maybe, but it really hasn't gotten me down or stopped me. If you were me it'd be the same, but from the outside looking in it appears comparitively more difficult.

So maybe if we traded places today, I'd off myself after a day in your world and you'd be just fine in mine... or vice versa.

I think a better notion is that we all learn to cope with what we are given, some more successfully than others for various reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soulful
Depends on how well you can handle being fatigued all the time. Not just after doing something, just always being.

You have no idea.

It's not fun to be friend-zoned by the female gender. My 'nice guy' personality is a problem. Maybe I should get into a fight and be the bad boy for once.

Oh wait. I'd get the trash kicked outta me...

Actually, its your lack of courage to make a move or lack of confidence thats killing you. Women rather enjoy my nice guy routine, I just dont let them walk all over me.

Its not hard being me, I try to keep things simple and live by a code. It gets tough at times, needlessly, but then I never pretended that life wasn't supposed to be anything but trials and tribulation... I guess that mindset has given me a pretty thick hide when it comes to dealing with a lot of crazy shit that happens.

Actually, its your lack of courage to make a move or lack of confidence thats killing you. Women rather enjoy my nice guy routine, I just dont let them walk all over me.

Agree. I like confident men.

I think it is much harder to be around me than to be me. I am a very demanding person and a very fast intellectual processor--many times I am like 20 steps ahead in my thinking and it is hard to wait for others to catch up. Sounds really arrogant but it is also true. I get frustrated with others because its like I am always having to backtrack. I also tend to keep people at a distance because I am cautious in my affection. Many times it seems that people get overly attached to me well before I am willing to be attached to them and I know it causes hurt. I would rather be honest though than manufacture feelings that aren't really concrete. I have a strong personality that tends to be offputting to some and it doesn't help that I don't really care if you like me or not. Not in an overly obnoxious way but rather because it doesn't logically make any sense to worry about what others think--useless and a waste of energy.

lol sonya
sonya sonya sonya
[MENTION=2300]Siamese cat[/MENTION] is your girl

You have no idea.

It's not fun to be friend-zoned by the female gender. My 'nice guy' personality is a problem. Maybe I should get into a fight and be the bad boy for once.

Oh wait. I'd get the trash kicked outta me...

It's hard being a bad boy too even though friendzoning is a rarity. Often you just end up completely alone.

Yes, it is hard being me.

Why?

For years now I have been battling with depression. Sure, everyone gets depressed, but the impact is different depending on the individual.
It was only recently that I found out I had a major depression disorder. It gets in the way of everything that I do.
Sometimes I just spend the whole day in bed, although I've been slowly getting better. At least I'm not suicidal anymore.
I never really thought that I would get to 20 and still be alive, breathing.
Surprise, surprise, I'm still here.

What is it about us ENTP's and depression? We all seem to have it. Perhaps this is why INFJs and ENTPs get together. INFJs are natural born therapists and ENTPs are natural born mental patients.

Reactions: Matariki
Up to the age of 20 it was pretty tough. Divorced parents, living with abusive mother, being harassed by the entire school for not fitting in, being invisible to girls for romance, no friends, no financial support for college, no job due to messed-up post-soviet economics. On top of that wasn't very comfortable with my gender. One tough little cookie to swallow.

But then I made a decision - if I'm to be responsible for my life then it should not be that tough.

Since then things started to ease up and solutions came from unexpected directions. Right now there are still some things that unease me but overall it's not that tough to be me.

One or two girls can be an exception. But the whole gender - that sounds awful :) Maybe you're doing something unconsciously that causes them to behave that way towards you.

Last edited:
you know i've been thinking about soemthing lately and it has to do with a disconnect i feel towards most people. no matter how many times i take an enneagram test i've never gotten Social as my preferred strategy for security. in this way i think it's tough for me to blend or relate to some. but all in all i think everyone deals with things that are tougher for them than others, while some things come more natural too. probably a give take sorta thing.

Men too. Billy was nice to me, and I liked it. Now I stop and think of him every now and then.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco"]YouTube - sesame street - its not easy being green[/ame]

Had to post my thoughts...

I mean, it's tougher than normal, but not the toughest out there by far. I mean my parents along with my family want gays dead. I live everyday on the verge of being kicked out simply for forgetting to do the chores. And I went through hell during childhood and not been able to tell anyone, as well as the fact that I'm one of your stereotypical "on the inside I want the world to burn, but on the outside I'm happy and carefree." If I had a choice, I wouldn't be me, but I shouldn't be the one to judge if my life was hard or not.

Last edited: