Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Is it tough to be YOU?

Why or why not?

You have no idea.

It's not fun to be friend-zoned by the female gender. My 'nice guy' personality is a problem. Maybe I should get into a fight and be the bad boy for once.

Oh wait. I'd get the trash kicked outta me...

Reactions: Matariki
I don't think so. My life is very simple, I have simple needs which are well met. There is nothing really wrong in my life and I'm in a good place. I'm uncomplicated and enjoying who I am.

it has been very difficult in the past but i stuck with it and after all the things i learned so far i find that now i like being ME and wouldn't want to be anyone else.

no it's relatively easy being me, life has given me much to be grateful for.

You have no idea.

It's not fun to be friend-zoned by the female gender. My 'nice guy' personality is a problem. Maybe I should get into a fight and be the bad boy for once.

Yeah, I'm not really sure getting into fights would attract females to you.
They'd then rule you out because of your anger issues.

Yes, it is hard being me.

Why?

For years now I have been battling with depression. Sure, everyone gets depressed, but the impact is different depending on the individual.
It was only recently that I found out I had a major depression disorder. It gets in the way of everything that I do.
Sometimes I just spend the whole day in bed, although I've been slowly getting better. At least I'm not suicidal anymore.
I never really thought that I would get to 20 and still be alive, breathing.
Surprise, surprise, I'm still here.

Reactions: Blind Bandit

not all would =P

You have no idea.

You don't need to fight to attract the ladies.
I respect men that don't go out looking for fight's, it shows they have a brain. If you want to fight, that's what the ring was invented for. The ring sing's out to those that have a fighters spirit.
Everyone that is living has one, but it needs to be awakened and it needs a reason to do so.
I could go on forever on this, but I think you are a pretty nice, decent guy.
Whoever decides to be with you will be one lucky lady. :m155:

Reactions: Wyst
You have no idea.

Well it'll make you feel better if you win fights in WoW.

Yes, but not in particular. I am not special.

My sense is that every human being's path is one of struggle, whether judged as so or not. The very process of living one's life, when taken as a whole, is an epic quest and journey.

As I see it, "Tough" doesn't begin to describe the experience of Spirit having a Human experience as a creature in the material world.

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Norwich
I think it is much harder to be around me than to be me. I am a very demanding person and a very fast intellectual processor--many times I am like 20 steps ahead in my thinking and it is hard to wait for others to catch up. Sounds really arrogant but it is also true. I get frustrated with others because its like I am always having to backtrack. I also tend to keep people at a distance because I am cautious in my affection. Many times it seems that people get overly attached to me well before I am willing to be attached to them and I know it causes hurt. I would rather be honest though than manufacture feelings that aren't really concrete. I have a strong personality that tends to be offputting to some and it doesn't help that I don't really care if you like me or not. Not in an overly obnoxious way but rather because it doesn't logically make any sense to worry about what others think--useless and a waste of energy.

Suffering is relative.

Everyone's life is tough at some point.

For instance when we cut teeth. Probably one of the most strenuous things we go through.
Sure, we don't remember it but it happens.

Life is tough no matter who you are. Everyone has their struggles.

Reactions: jyrffw54

Sorry - my sarcasm doesn't translate through text well. Obviously getting into fights to attract females is a poor strategy.

But my hidden skills do nothing to avail me either!!! WTF!

Yes, but not in particular. I am not special.

This is what makes me upset, to top it off this is exactly what I think myself. But we know that deep down this isn't true, its a down right lie.
Every human being is special, its amazing what a human being can do once they see the potential that they have as an individual. Every human being has that power locked within themselves, many unfortunately fail to see it. Everyone's life is hard, but the true story lies in how we overcome it and what we decide to do with it.
Life is a gift that can be used to hurt others or to help others.

Every human being is special, its amazing what a human being can do once they see the potential that they have as an individual. Every human being has that power locked within themselves, many unfortunately fail to see it. Everyone's life is hard, but the true story lies in how we overcome it and what we decide to do with it.
Life is a gift that can be used to hurt others or to help others.

True story.

This is what makes me upset, to top it off this is exactly what I think myself. But we know that deep down this isn't true, its a down right lie.
Every human being is special, its amazing what a human being can do once they see the potential that they have as an individual.

Ah, based on this, my sense is I have been misunderstood.

When I said "I am not special," I did not mean to communicate that I think I am not in possession of qualities that are of worth. Indeed, I quite agree with you that it is amazing to witness a human being in full display of their potential - perhaps one of the most compelling and awe-inspiring things ever.

That said, when I said "I am not special," I did mean to say that there is nothing unique about me as it regards suffering - everybody hurts as an essential aspect of what it is to be human.

In that, I am like everyone else. As it concerns our gifts, yea indeed, we're more than special - each and every one of us is unique in our own way.

cheers,
Ian

Last edited: