Is it being creepy? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is it being creepy?

you remind me attitude was mine.

since year or two years almost, was between me and my mother
a dialogue on this, but I do not recall it exactly.
Was almost like this:

My mom said to me: you do not remember all what people are saying and clothing like your sister.
I told her: I do not care much for this, I care more of how they are acting.
My mom said: whyyy? What is the reason?
me:hmmm, I do not know.
My mom: you weird.:confused:

I think it is better not to tell anyone perhaps this is the best.

you remind me attitude was mine.

since year or two years almost, was between me and my mother
a dialogue on this, but I do not recall it exactly.
Was almost like this:

My mom said to me: you do not remember all what people are saying and clothing like your sister.
I told her: I do not care much for this, I care more of how they are acting.
My mom said: whyyy? What is the reason?
me:hmmm, I do not know.
My mom: you weird.:confused:

I think it is better not to tell anyone perhaps this is the best.

Ask her why she believes that remembering what people say and wear is important. Chances are she'll say "hmm I do not know", in which you say "you are weird".

I don't think it's weird. I'm apt to wonder if they really understand your motives for people watching. Of course, it would be weird, if we observed people because we were interested in each of their individual lives for personal reasons, the way a stalker might be. But observing human behaviour/psychology as a healthy curiosity/interest about people as a whole, is quite different.

Ask her why she believes that remembering what people say and wear is important. Chances are she'll say "hmm I do not know", in which you say "you are weird".

I think her is considered this concern for all people.
Because all the people around her are interested in these things.

Everybody is creepy for someone else in some way.

What was described in OP is perfectly fine with me.

Nope, most INFJs do it. It's why I want to employ INFJ Private Investigators.
Yeah I'd been wondering how to put this talent to good use :p

In the beginning I used to be too trusting, but now I turn this on and it tells me everything I need to know before I get to know someone (face-to-face level)

I'm constantly called a creeper by my friends. But they don't get it. I never considered myself creepy I simply, like you, enjoy observing social interactions between people. I find them interesting.

I watch and listen to people all the time. I don't think I can even help it... especially if a person/people are talking about me. It's like I'm just intuned to it. I can be sitting around 10 -15m away and still pick up on a conversation that interests me or a situation I haven't seen or thought of before. It's the same if someone's looking at me, I just naturally turn around and before I know it I catch the person's eye from across the room. I've been told I'm a bit creepy for that too because I almost never fail to pick up it.

I watch people all the time. Their behaviour intrigues me.

I listen to what people are talking about quite often. People give me weird looks because I end up staring at them. :m187:
I like watching forgien people like Japanese people talking to each other, I like to see how many words I can pick up.

I don't think watching people talking to each other is weird at all. However It can be a bit uncomfortable, but If they are talking that loud anyway they should expect that from others.

I've done, and only once or twice has anybody told me off for it. probably cause i do it from a distance. sit across the room and watch people interact, i don't think my roommates like it though, I know more about them then they know about me.

I like to do it sometimes but I try not to make it appear obvious or something, though. lol, I feel really creepy now.

There was a 'joke' about me in high school. You know how in yearbooks they have those silly little 'Man/Woman most likely to be's?

I was 'Man most likely to be a sociopath/serial killer' :m179:

Which of course is completely absurd.

...I think

I had that joke too.

I'm certainly anti-society, and I'd not mind if a few milliard people died... but definitely not the kind of person to kill someone that stupidly.

Am I not supposed to listen to someone who's right next to me? Occasionally I'll even interject and go back to what I'm doing.

Haha! My husband does that all the time. After he's interjected I look at him all wide-eyed and shake my head violently, "No! No!" I feel like we've been caught gathering top secret information. He just looks at me and shrugs, "What?" It's fun times.

Last edited:
I am thinking that those doing this do not find it weird or creepy, but everybody else might find it creepy since they do not know the intentions.

I do it myself, even online, I have been "creeping" around this forum for quite some time now :D

I do this all the time, always have. I observe my surroundings very very closely, especially other people and what they are doing/saying. I cant help it I just focus in without realizing it.

I watch and listen to people all the time. I don't think I can even help it... especially if a person/people are talking about me. It's like I'm just intuned to it. I can be sitting around 10 -15m away and still pick up on a conversation that interests me or a situation I haven't seen or thought of before. It's the same if someone's looking at me, I just naturally turn around and before I know it I catch the person's eye from across the room. I've been told I'm a bit creepy for that too because I almost never fail to pick up it.

With the picking up on conversations i think that i'm able to do that a lot
too, and can usually sense when people are talking about me... but
i usually just dismiss it as me being paranoid!

I'm with you about the staring thing as well...but i always thought
that it's something that everyone can sense...

This is creepy? *looks confused* i actually ride the bus just to hear people's conversations. Its my duty as a writer to get all up in people's space from a safe distance. I can't have all my characters sounding and looking like me and people I know. People eavesdrop on my conversations constantly because they laugh at jokes and smart ass quips I'm not even telling them. I find it vaguely flattering myself. I like making strangers laugh and nod. I've made friends that way actually.

I think guys are given a harder time for doing this than girls, and yes, I do it, too. :md:I suggest continuing without telling anyone. :m083:

Hehe. I do this all the time! Right now, I'm at my school library. At one point I was listening in on 2 or 3 conversations around me while pretending to read the forums. :D (But I actually do read the forums too!)

Reactions: Wyst