I'm considering some new pets | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

I'm considering some new pets

This thread is a library of all the best critters available especially Maine Coons, sloths, and wombats. It would be awesome to have any of those. I do know Maine Coons are especially great cats for loving to wrestle and just be overall charming and huge.

Wombats are actually too vicious to keep as pets. They're australias version of the english black and white forest critter that eats plants and tiny creatures and was on the animals of farthing wood as Foxes advisor. BADGER! They're Australias badger.

Wombats are actually too vicious to keep as pets. They're australias version of the english black and white forest critter that eats plants and tiny creatures and was on the animals of farthing wood as Foxes advisor. BADGER! They're Australias badger.
Fooey. I saw a documentary about a place that rescued wombats who were orphaned. In order to raise them as naturally as possible the rescuers would carry them around in a little backpack and they would just ride along wherever. This rescuer would walk into a store and be asked, "what is that?" and she would respond "Oh, that's my little wombat". I was feverish with envy.

Heee, they're only dangerous as adults.

I'd love to be an animal rescuer.

Hmm, English Mastiffs.... lots of drool, don't live especially long, clumsy. Clumsy and huge. As a breed, they can be prone to hip dysplasia, gastric torsion, bone cancer, and kidney stones. Vet treatment is more expensive proportional to size.

I've known several EM's though, and they're all really amiable, affectionate, and playful (but lazy). Perhaps a little dumb... they seem to think they're lap dogs despite how enormous they are. I knew one that lived with five cats, and she got along with them no problem. Her name was 'Volga.'

Mastiffs aren't really my type - I dig German Shepherds. But they're nice dogs overall.

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines: you'd better have plenty of spare change for dogfood and vet visits. Spare change and muscles. I can lift and carry my German Shepherd if necessary, but I doubt I could lift a weak or sick mastiff and tuck him into the hatchback for a vet visit.

I don't see any problem raising a dog and cat together. Except for my oldest and most stuck-up cat, all my cats and dogs are friends.