INFJ ex-bf moved on really fast | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

INFJ ex-bf moved on really fast

Yeah, I guess you're right.

It's extremely confusing on judging whether he was a good man or not. I'm literally the one and only person who knows everything about him. Everyone else has gotten close but not close enough. I know his good side and his bad side. His talents and his faults. So no one else is able to see what I see and make a fair judgement about him. His mother said he used to be a major asshole back when he was little though (After the divorce and everything. I don't think that's even irrelevant anymore but maybe it is..?) As far as I know, literally everyone loves him and think he's the sweetest. He was one of the few people I respected before. That's why for me, it's hard to come to terms that this man was perhaps not "a great catch". It's hard to think that the guy who I thought was so good is also so not the best. I don't hate or blame him. I know he's just a very emotional, immature, cowardly, sensitive, stubborn, mentally struggling guy when it comes down to his faults. Maybe he'll change himself with the other girl. Maybe the other girl won't even see it. Or maybe the other girl is better at accepting and handling his faults. Who knows. I'm the first one and I am the "training girlfriend". It's too bad that we had to be each other's first to actually open our eyes to knowing more about ourselves and each other. I wished he wasn't a stepping stone. I stood by him through everything and made him who he is today. You're welcome to all his future girlfriends.

I don't know about him coming back to me though. He's very stubborn and well... has an ego (as much as he doesn't want to admit). As of now, he seems like he has a lot of emotions pent up (I could tell when we made eye contact when I was in the car). I do hope that he would want to talk again and have a honest/reflective conversation with me.

First love is rough. I guess that's why I don't see it now... because he was my first and I haven't had experience with others to actually know what I deserve/what's acceptable.
It's understandable for you to be in pain. I can imagine the difficulty. It's always hard to find someone we grow to love and having to accept that this isn't it. We grow very confused. It's okay to feel this way.

Grieve as much as you need to. In time, you will be fine. Someday you'll see that even though he's a good person, he is simply not the one for you. You tried and it didn't work. That is all there is to it. It's not a matter of finding one supreme match, it's just happenstance.

Learn from it, mourn it..move on. . life gives us lessons, and our task is to learn them, or repeat the lesson until we do. I would offer a song that helped me with this. . kind of helps put things intp perspective. . .

I think it's more like:

Experience: Se, Ne
Perspective: Si, Ni
Values: Fi, Ti
Control: Fe, Te

I think ordering and degree of preference would demonstrate "accepting" on some sort of relative scale

I am mostly interested in Ni. Because Ne is pretty obviously very open and accepting function, while Si is obviously quite rigid and narrow minded.

But Ni is a strange mixture of the two but in my experience, still more similar to Ne than Si. That's why I would say INTJ and INFJ are in some contexts more accepting and open than INTP. We have this double force of Ti and Si that really wants to narrow down and exclude everything that's contrary.

Also, we jump to conclusions faster because of that. INJ are quite slow and ponderous. I also see that when playing chess with my INTJ friend. I know more theory but still make more blunders because I get impatient faster. INJ take their time to ponder the move.

That's also why I consider INTJ as superior thinkers. Sure, I'd say INTPs are more logically accurate and better at remembering and integrating information. But INTJ are better pure thinkers, like just thinking on their own about life and making decisions. It's seems like I needed a lot of relection, reading and therapy to reach the same conclusions that my INTJ friend reached on his own.

Thinking is not easy and only a minority of people can do it. Most of the thoughts are shit and they need to be re-evaluated from different angles and perspectives. That's why it's helpful to have a conversation with others. But for Ni doms it is almost like it comes naturally, they can do it all in their heads.

Last edited:
Having Ni and Te together almost seems like cheating. Te gets a bad rep sometimes as being too rigid and narrow minded and only caring for external metrics. But I think that is only relevant for Te in combination with Si.

Te with Ni has both. The depth and ponderous nature of Ni combined with objective thinking.

I think you're treading some weird line that the sole objective of thinking is to make decisions with all emphasis on subjectively defined results relative to subjectively defined objectives

Last edited:
Reactions: philostam
I also think you're downplaying the abilities of Ti-Ne a lot. Like the only thing it's good for is remembering, appending and combining ideas. As if it stops there...

Besides, remembering, appending and combining ideas are actually new ideas

I will say Ni-Te is more efficient thinking for certain use cases and usually meets the "good enough" bar much quicker. You're giving it too much credit based on how the system operates rather than the few universal laws that actually govern the system

Last edited:
Possibly, you are right. I already said once I consider myself as a "pragmatic" INTP.

Of course, when I interact with INTJ I can clearly identify things I am better at. I am sometimes surprised by how much they want to simplify everything. This bothers me. I feel my Ti-Ne wants to go depper. They want to just to simplify the information so they can act on it.

Reactions: ClevelandINTP
Ni-Te needs to just get it out and acted on. Supposedly, dopamine and testosterone are more correlated with INTJs. I don't know if that's true or not. There was some study on it I read once which I don't want to look up. Either way it would follow logically if that were true and would not surprise me

Yeah, Ni-Te is good at asserting something. I chose the word something because it's like an assertion deemed good-enough or the best known result or a result that has yet to have been challenged

The other piece that's missing here is that while Ni-Te may be more equipped for an assertion, Ti-Ne is more equipped for the question

I tend to believe that better questions can lead to better and or more profound answers

Last edited:
First love is rough. I guess that's why I don't see it now... because he was my first and I haven't had experience with others to actually know what I deserve/what's acceptable.

Second, third fourth and fifth loves are rough too!

I'm not afraid to admit I haven't got my shit together on love! Just like life, each love you have is a learning experience. Don't treat it as wasted time as opposed to valuable learning. About what you want in life, what you definitely DON'T want in life, what your values are and your hopes and dreams. Also don't hate on your past loves. Work hard to appreciate they were just too different and on too different a path to where you are heading.

It hurts, it always does .. :(

Second, third fourth and fifth loves are rough too!

I'm not afraid to admit I haven't got my shit together on love! Just like life, each love you have is a learning experience. Don't treat it as wasted time as opposed to valuable learning. About what you want in life, what you definitely DON'T want in life, what your values are and your hopes and dreams. Also don't hate on your past loves. Work hard to appreciate they were just too different and on too different a path to where you are heading.

It hurts, it always does .. :(
It's an incredibly hard lesson learned. A huge punch to my gut. It's both valuable learning and wasted time, honestly... because I wish I never met this person. The few men I ever trusted... I never knew he would end up toying around me like that. The price of all that wasted time and money is something I don't take lightly. Something I believed to be so intimate and sincere. And he's already moving in with this girl a month into their relationship and all that shit while I'm still healing. It's funny how one day you talk about living together and marrying and then a couple months later, you share these special and intimate goals/dreams with something else. Literally doing everything we dreamed of together with another chick. I want to vomit. Just grade A man right there. Yeah sure, part of me still wishes we were happy together but then reality slaps me in the face.

He looks like a pice of shit. Don't worry, he will do this to the next one as well, sooner or later.

I know it's hard, but better that this happened now then once you were married and had kids. It's gonna take a few months, maybe years, but you will recover.

Reactions: milkandhoney23
Just skimmed through the thread.

Yikes, girl. You're really torturing yourself and not giving yourself a chance to do much healing at all. I'm very much with @Asa and a few others that encouraged you to stop keeping tabs on your ex and mind your own business. As soon as you guys decided to call it quits, it was quits. Trying to keep score as to who is 'winning' the break-up and assess and re-assess the relationship in retrospect is only keeping you in a holding pattern and digging you into a deeper emotional hole while he keeps putting daylight between you every day.

( Which, by the way, is the point of moving on. He has obviously been keeping himself busy with trying to fill in the you-shaped hole in his life so he isn't tempted to get back together with you or miss you too much. Quite a normal tactic all around but...

It is odd to go from two year relationship to moving in with a new girl in month or two, I will give you that. The love bombing thing also gives me pause. That is usually a tactic that people with narcissistic tendencies tend to employ to secure an ego supply. My hackles would be way up if someone was going from zero to sixty like that.

Then again, maybe it is as simple as him just being really motivated to get on with his life already. Or there's also the possibility he's been checked out of the relationship for a while and as soon as you let him go, it was like you fired the starting gun).

Either way, regardless of what this relationship was and what it meant or who this guy really is, the patient is very much dead at the moment and it's not going to help you to psychologically profile him. I know you're hurt and normally I'd encourage you to bitch it out to your heart's content, right now, you letting him take up emotional real estate in your head is only preventing you from moving on. Especially if you're feeling insecure/jealous of this new girl and/or you have not much else going on in your life to occupy your time.

Seriously. You gotta stop comparing yourself to him and her. You're only brutalizing yourself with information that is filtered through a lens of insecurity. It's an act of self-violence and its only going to stunt your ability to pick yourself up again. I know you mentioned you have had/are having problems with mental health. You got to focus on building yourself up, not stripping yourself down!

I recommend you block him on all social media and tell your friends you're not interested in hearing about him. Just do a total content blackout and focus on you. The first week is going to take some discipline and you're going to be imagining all sorts of crazy scenarios as to what's going on while you're not looking, but by the second week, the urge to check will be gone. Then the third week, you'll start to feel a bit better. Lighter. By the fourth, you might want to start putting yourself out there and going on dates yourself.

It's worthwhile to start setting some goals for yourself and doing things that will make you feel better. It's a cliche, but you can do something fun, like try a new look with your hair or a gym regime. Pick up a book you always wanted to read or start working your way through the movies/shows you have put off watching for a while. Start hanging out with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Join a volunteer cause. If it's possible for you and you always wanted to, adopt a pet.

Regardless of what you choose, its time to start living your life instead of paying attention to what he's doing. The fuck with him. It's done.

Last edited:
It's an incredibly hard lesson learned. A huge punch to my gut. It's both valuable learning and wasted time, honestly... because I wish I never met this person. The few men I ever trusted... I never knew he would end up toying around me like that. The price of all that wasted time and money is something I don't take lightly. Something I believed to be so intimate and sincere. And he's already moving in with this girl a month into their relationship and all that shit while I'm still healing. It's funny how one day you talk about living together and marrying and then a couple months later, you share these special and intimate goals/dreams with something else. Literally doing everything we dreamed of together with another chick. I want to vomit. Just grade A man right there. Yeah sure, part of me still wishes we were happy together but then reality slaps me in the face.

I had it the same with my ex .. she got over me in like two minutes .. It took me four months and even then there were times "it" would rear it's ugly head .. jealousy? Loss? Grief? Who knows ..

In the end I realised it wasn't to be and that I needed to move on. I did .. eventually .. but I let all the feelings go through me and got a great understanding of what was motivating me to have these thoughts, and working out everything in my head about the futures that were never going to be.

It's tough, particularly when you feel everything is pretty good. I realise now that my ex was just "a person" doing what they thought they needed to do to get over me. Once I realised this I let go quite a bit of anger, and started to heal.

Everyone has their own path to follow in a breakup .. for each of us maybe it is a lesson to be learned in life ..

I learned to trust what I felt needed to be done to overcome.

Just skimmed through the thread.

Yikes, girl. You're really torturing yourself and not giving yourself a chance to do much healing at all. I'm very much with @Asa and a few others that encouraged you to stop keeping tabs on your ex and mind your own business. As soon as you guys decided to call it quits, it was quits. Trying to keep score as to who is 'winning' the break-up and assess and re-assess the relationship in retrospect is only keeping you in a holding pattern and digging you into a deeper emotional hole while he keeps putting daylight between you every day.
( Which, by the way, is the point of moving on. He has obviously been keeping himself busy with trying to fill in the you-shaped hole in his life so he isn't tempted to get back together with you or miss you too much. Quite a normal tactic all around but...
It is odd to go from two year relationship to moving in with a new girl in month or two, I will give you that. The love bombing thing also gives me pause. That is usually a tactic that people with narcissistic tendencies tend to employ to secure an ego supply. My hackles would be way up if someone was going from zero to sixty like that.
Then again, maybe it is as simple as him just being really motivated to get on with his life already. Or there's also the possibility he's been checked out of the relationship for a while and as soon as you let him go, it was like you fired the starting gun).
Either way, regardless of what this relationship was and what it meant or who this guy really is, the patient is very much dead at the moment and it's not going to help you to psychologically profile him. I know you're hurt and normally I'd encourage you to bitch it out to your heart's content, right now, you letting him take up emotional real estate in your head is only preventing you from moving on. Especially if you're feeling insecure/jealous of this new girl and/or you have not much else going on in your life to occupy your time.
Seriously. You gotta stop comparing yourself to him and her. You're only brutalizing yourself with information that is filtered through a lens of insecurity. It's an act of self-violence and its only going to stunt your ability to pick yourself up again. I know you mentioned you have had/are having problems with mental health. You got to focus on building yourself up, not stripping yourself down!
I recommend you block him on all social media and tell your friends you're not interested in hearing about him. Just do a total content blackout and focus on you. The first week is going to take some discipline and you're going to be imagining all sorts of crazy scenarios as to what's going on while you're not looking, but by the second week, the urge to check will be gone. Then the third week, you'll start to feel a bit better. Lighter. By the fourth, you might want to start putting yourself out there and going on dates yourself.

It's worthwhile to start setting some goals for yourself and doing things that will make you feel better. It's a cliche, but you can do something fun, like try a new look with your hair or a gym regime. Pick up a book you always wanted to read or start working your way through the movies/shows you have put off watching for a while. Start hanging out with a friend you haven't seen in a while. Join a volunteer cause. If it's possible for you and you always wanted to, adopt a pet.

Regardless of what you choose, its time to start living your life instead of paying attention to what he's doing. The fuck with him. It's done.

It's a lot..
I have to admit, I'm doing that mental scoring in my head. Like this is some kind of competition of who is happier and has a better life now. It was in a way, it was me trying to gain self-confidence back. That's why I'm working twice as hard as before and really upping my game. I didn't think I'll genuinely feel better until I'm legitimately better than them (like better job, looking better, just a good standing in life). After the breakup, I felt like the biggest loser (I think anyone who gets dumped does), and I needed to be a winner again. I just hate failing in life and that was the biggest long-dragging reasons as to why I was so unhappy.

I was fine a for a little while when I didn't hear any news of him or anything because it allowed me to be stuck in my own world and focus of myself. I could make up things in my head about him and his new girl and it wouldn't affect me during that time..I literally didn't care about them. Like -- whatever. It's not until I hear some talk from a few mutual friends regarding him/new girl does it really set me back. When I hear news from them, I know it's REAL and the information given actually hurts. I'm not trying to stalk him or anything, but word of mouth gets out and it gets into my ear sometimes. I haven't blocked him on anything though. This dude does not have social media. Just a Spotify (in which he still follows me in, but I don't think he knows because he's technologically illiterate) and an Etsy. So I actually don't hear or get ANYTHING from him himself. I know he never wants to see me again anyways (just judging by that interaction I had with him at the parking lot). I still have the old emails he sent me; the very sweet ones. Even the silly invitation for our anniversary date that my calendar automatically sent him. I read it and it takes me back to the happier and sweeter days. I know I have to delete those. It's hard to and it brings me to tears to even try. I will come to it eventually though.

Psychoanalyzing him is probably not going to help my case. I never had closure or a talk so I guess I'm doing everything and anything to get some form of it. In my mind, I thought it would be good in order to help me get some peace and be able to move on. I truly felt like a restless ghost who haunts until its soul is at peace. Trying to make up reasons and answers by analyzing. I also needed other peoples' opinions because I didn't know if it was just me or this guy actually was in the wrong at times; it drove me crazy balancing out right and wrong. I needed to be out of my own fucking head for a while.

I would've appreciated it if he was honest and told me everything that he didn't like about me, liked or what was wrong. Of course, hearing that shit hurts but it's better than hearing crickets. However, he's the type who doesn't like tough and honest conversations. Avoids guilt and bad feelings because he doesn't like to feel it. Sweet guy but can't handle the gravity of any situation and veers away from responsibilities when things really get rough. He's the sensitive, overly emotional type.

Definitely not a full blown narcissistic but he probably has some tendencies. Not sure if I mentioned it already but he was raised and is living with his extreme, serial dating narcissistic dad (who finally married after 4 months of dating his recent gf (who happens to be a family therapist, haha). Family is actually a bit dysfunctional on both sides (not my business but maybe it could help explain why he's the way he is?). I was told by someone that people from families like that you have to watch out for because they usually take after the parents and the issues in the family (whether they are aware of it or not) and etc. I've spoken to him about this before to see what he thinks of it and he only got offended. I don't know what it is exactly, but him and his new girl are moving at fast speeds in the relationship. Additionally, they went to the special garden recently that we literally went to a few weeks before breaking up. That garden we both had went to for the first time and shared a lot of special and funny moments together. Just... wow.

Yeah, he most likely checked out months ago. But literally a week before we broke up, he said "I love you" teary eyed and wrote me a sincere heartfelt poem. So... yeah, I'm sure hella confused. He's not the type to forget or emotionally go on so quickly, but he DOES practice stoicism (since the start of this year, so perhaps that may be a factor). I told him how it hurt when he previously broke up with me over a conflict that could've been handled with a conversation. I was like "You can't just breakup every time we have a minor or big conflict. Dude, is this how you handle every problem that comes your way? This doesn't translate well down the road with your own life or any relationship you have, you know that right? I love you, it's honestly kind of immature and I wish you would understand and work on that."

He told me he would be prepared for anything like a breakup or death by thinking about it all the time. That way he won't waste time being sad/depressed when things like that happen. He's kind of right about not wasting time feeling down but I thought it was also kind of fucked up. If he's preparing for it, then he's kind of planning/expecting it to happen. Something I'd never do even if it was just to make myself feel less pain. Wow. Not sure how anyone else feels about this or what your take is on it. Along the same conversation of his philosophy and breakups, he claims that nothing is forever; which is true but damn dude, really?

Overall, what brings his existence and his girl's existence in my life again is just talk from mutual friends. As far as I know, they have no social medias so it's not like I'm purposely keeping tabs of it.

I had it the same with my ex .. she got over me in like two minutes .. It took me four months and even then there were times "it" would rear it's ugly head .. jealousy? Loss? Grief? Who knows ..

In the end I realised it wasn't to be and that I needed to move on. I did .. eventually .. but I let all the feelings go through me and got a great understanding of what was motivating me to have these thoughts, and working out everything in my head about the futures that were never going to be.

It's tough, particularly when you feel everything is pretty good. I realise now that my ex was just "a person" doing what they thought they needed to do to get over me. Once I realised this I let go quite a bit of anger, and started to heal.

Everyone has their own path to follow in a breakup .. for each of us maybe it is a lesson to be learned in life ..

I learned to trust what I felt needed to be done to overcome.

It's honestly heartbreaking when you're with something who you thought were on the same wavelength as you. But when you breakup, you both move on very differently and sometimes the other person moves on after a quick minute while the other takes years. I hope to never experience this shit again ever; not the breakup but just the mess around it. I thought him and I were on the same wavelength in terms of maturity and respect if there ever comes a time we part because I didn't ever want to be in this position or be that person. I have a feeling that maybe he is talking shit about me to his new girl. Whatever, I mean I'm talking shit about him on a forum.

I don't believe that some things are not meant to be though. I don't believe in fate. There's always a possibility of anything happening under different circumstances. I don't know... like for example, if both people were more mature or if both people are able to change for the better. I guess it is easier to think that they're doing whatever they can to move on. I mean he obviously is trying to move on. I wish it didn't have to be this way though. Why did we have to be so... cold and mean even after the end? I never wanted to be that person. We're young, stupid, and immature in our own ways so I guess I'm just expecting a lot when I say I wish things could've ended amicably and maturely.

It's a lot..
I have to admit, I'm doing that mental scoring in my head. Like this is some kind of competition of who is happier and has a better life now. It was in a way, it was me trying to gain self-confidence back. That's why I'm working twice as hard as before and really upping my game. I didn't think I'll genuinely feel better until I'm legitimately better than them (like better job, looking better, just a good standing in life). After the breakup, I felt like the biggest loser (I think anyone who gets dumped does), and I needed to be a winner again. I just hate failing in life and that was the biggest long-dragging reasons as to why I was so unhappy.

I've been there, girl. The majority of us have. I think the statistics are something like the average person goes through about three major break ups in their lives? I'm not sure. But I do know that they do suck something serious. Not only are we losing a person we care about, breakups also have a way of exposing every single one of our insecurities and the things we don't like about ourselves.

The good news is, as time goes on, the easier it gets to bounce back because you remember what you did to survive the last one. (The first major one is the worst. You're still figuring out your strategies)

The other piece of good news is, that break ups can also be major sources of motivation to get our shit together. You can transfer a lot of your anger into determination. If you feel like the competition gets you fired up, take the opportunity to channel it into something useful.

I was fine a for a little while when I didn't hear any news of him or anything because it allowed me to be stuck in my own world and focus of myself. I could make up things in my head about him and his new girl and it wouldn't affect me during that time..I literally didn't care about them. Like -- whatever. It's not until I hear some talk from a few mutual friends regarding him/new girl does it really set me back. When I hear news from them, I know it's REAL and the information given actually hurts. I'm not trying to stalk him or anything, but word of mouth gets out and it gets into my ear sometimes. I haven't blocked him on anything though. This dude does not have social media. Just a Spotify (in which he still follows me in, but I don't think he knows because he's technologically illiterate) and an Etsy. So I actually don't hear or get ANYTHING from him himself. I know he never wants to see me again anyways (just judging by that interaction I had with him at the parking lot). I still have the old emails he sent me; the very sweet ones. Even the silly invitation for our anniversary date that my calendar automatically sent him. I read it and it takes me back to the happier and sweeter days. I know I have to delete those. It's hard to and it brings me to tears to even try. I will come to it eventually though.

Yep. The reminders will do it for you. It's not exactly an analogous situation, but I ended a decade long friendship about a month ago. We had a huge fight and it was this terrible, hurtful drama, and then.... no contact. Which was for the best, and it was something I knew was right. But there were things that would constantly remind me of her throughout the house. I literally had to go around and pack up those things in a box and set it aside. I donated about 90% of them to charity. The rest, I put into storage. It sounds so dramatic, but y'know, it helped me screw my head on straight. Deleting emails and conversations helped too. Over five years of daily text correspondence on my phone. Boop! All gone.

And I felt freer for it.

Whenever you're ready to do that, do consider purging your life of reminders of him. It does help. Clearly, the updates and reminders are what are your identified triggers here now.

Psychoanalyzing him is probably not going to help my case. I never had closure or a talk so I guess I'm doing everything and anything to get some form of it. In my mind, I thought it would be good in order to help me get some peace and be able to move on. I truly felt like a restless ghost who haunts until its soul is at peace. Trying to make up reasons and answers by analyzing. I also needed other peoples' opinions because I didn't know if it was just me or this guy actually was in the wrong at times; it drove me crazy balancing out right and wrong. I needed to be out of my own fucking head for a while.

Just from a number of things you described, it's plenty clear that there was a lot of incompatibilities in the relationship. And he definitely was in the wrong at times.

I'm just reluctant to encourage you to keep circling this drain because your main upset here is your ex moving on while you're still standing in the same place. Closure is more about gaining back control than anything else. And if you keep thinking and thinking and thinking and he keeps getting further and further ahead, you're not going to get back control over the thing that's upsetting you. I think it would be more beneficial for you to cut off the gossip line about him, start taking action on some goals and get back a bit of your self-confidence.

And I don't think you're going to be able to do that if your focus is on investigating your self-worth based on how this boy treated you in the relationship and who was right and who was wrong. Pick something to work on that *you* know you need to work on. Even if its a small thing and easily achievable. Reach for the quick victories. And I promise you, before long, you'll be in a better position to properly mourn the relationship when you've got your sense of power back.

I would've appreciated it if he was honest and told me everything that he didn't like about me, liked or what was wrong. Of course, hearing that shit hurts but it's better than hearing crickets. However, he's the type who doesn't like tough and honest conversations. Avoids guilt and bad feelings because he doesn't like to feel it. Sweet guy but can't handle the gravity of any situation and veers away from responsibilities when things really get rough. He's the sensitive, overly emotional type.

If you think about it some more, you'll probably come up with a whole list of things you didn't like about this guy and what made you two incompatible. You absolutely weren't the only one with flaws in this relationship, for sure. Remember that.

Definitely not a full blown narcissistic but he probably has some tendencies. Not sure if I mentioned it already but he was raised and is living with his extreme, serial dating narcissistic dad (who finally married after 4 months of dating his recent gf (who happens to be a family therapist, haha). Family is actually a bit dysfunctional on both sides (not my business but maybe it could help explain why he's the way he is?). I was told by someone that people from families like that you have to watch out for because they usually take after the parents and the issues in the family (whether they are aware of it or not) and etc. I've spoken to him about this before to see what he thinks of it and he only got offended. I don't know what it is exactly, but him and his new girl are moving at fast speeds in the relationship. Additionally, they went to the special garden recently that we literally went to a few weeks before breaking up. That garden we both had went to for the first time and shared a lot of special and funny moments together. Just... wow.

Yeah, it's entirely possible he's taken a page out of his father's book on how to deal with break ups. It's also possible he hit rush-delivery on his new relationship to make up for the instability in his family situation. It's also possible that its both.

But as long as he's doing what he's doing and not rubbing this in your face, then technically he's not doing any of this to be cruel. This is just what he thinks is right for him.

I think if you're not talking to him or learning any of this from social media, its your friends that are the issue here. Why are they telling you about this garden thing and all the details as to how quickly he's moving with this new girlfriend. Why do they think you need to know this? Of course this shit is going to hurt.

Yeah, he most likely checked out months ago. But literally a week before we broke up, he said "I love you" teary eyed and wrote me a sincere heartfelt poem. So... yeah, I'm sure hella confused. He's not the type to forget or emotionally go on so quickly, but he DOES practice stoicism (since the start of this year, so perhaps that may be a factor). I told him how it hurt when he previously broke up with me over a conflict that could've been handled with a conversation. I was like "You can't just breakup every time we have a minor or big conflict. Dude, is this how you handle every problem that comes your way? This doesn't translate well down the road with your own life or any relationship you have, you know that right? I love you, it's honestly kind of immature and I wish you would understand and work on that."

He told me he would be prepared for anything like a breakup or death by thinking about it all the time. That way he won't waste time being sad/depressed when things like that happen. He's kind of right about not wasting time feeling down but I thought it was also kind of fucked up. If he's preparing for it, then he's kind of planning/expecting it to happen. Something I'd never do even if it was just to make myself feel less pain. Wow. Not sure how anyone else feels about this or what your take is on it. Along the same conversation of his philosophy and breakups, he claims that nothing is forever; which is true but damn dude, really?

Keep in mind that break ups are a process, not an event. Even if he knew that you two weren't going to work out (and honestly, the breaking up over petty conflicts would suggest this), it's still highly likely that he meant it when he said 'I love you.' In fact, it's common for people to part ways on 'I love you's' as a way to honor their feelings for the other person. You don't just one day wake up and feel nothing for a partner you've been with for the past two years. You can continue loving a partner even when you know its best for you to part ways. Part of him will probably always care for you. You two have been through a lot.

It's just... well, people will always try and do things that they believe will make them happy. It may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to them. This philosophy he has on life is a perfect example of that.

Overall, what brings his existence and his girl's existence in my life again is just talk from mutual friends. As far as I know, they have no social medias so it's not like I'm purposely keeping tabs of it.

Ugh, yeah. You should probably have a chat with your mutual friends, then. Any time he comes up, just say something like: 'You know what, I'm happy for him and I wish him well, but let's talk about something else' and immediately change the topic of the conversation. It might be helpful to have a few topics prepared in case you need to fill in the blanks. Eventually, they'll get the message.

At the end of the day, I think you got to move towards empowering yourself.

:hug:

Last edited: